Can a Code be blocked if I was scammed?

Discus and support Can a Code be blocked if I was scammed? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I wanted to sell a Code on eBay. I sent the Code by in app message. Next, the buyer requested money back from paypal due to unauthorizised... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Herr Felix 07, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Can a Code be blocked if I was scammed?

Hi all,

I wanted to sell a Code on eBay. I sent the Code by in app message.

Next, the buyer requested money back from paypal due to unauthorizised access.

This was approved by eBay to me.

So you know what this means.

No money and the code is already redeemed.

So my question. Is there a possibility that the code will be blocked for the scammer, if I can deliver evidences from eBay that it was a fraud?

Much better, my I can get a new code...but this may be to much...

:)

Herr Felix 07, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Biggshow Win User

I misread this the first time. So I do apologizes if I confused you before. This is something you must deal with Ebay for. I think the only thing that can be done is maybe (I do not know how it works for digital games) they give you the value of the item
    in question from Ebay. As the sale was done through there website, it is up to them to come to an agreement or possible refund. That is Ebay only. This is something the Fraud department would help you with. If the code is already redeemed, maybe Microsoft
    can help once it is proven fraud. At that point they may block the code. They will not however, be responsible for replacing the code. It is a risk you take when giving people these codes. My only suggestion is deal with the Ebay Fraud dept.
    and hopefully they can help you. Sorry to hear this happened and good luck.
  3. matthewiag Win User

Hello

You are going to have to go though PayPal and Ebay Support Chain.

Once a code has been redeemed Xbox and Microsoft can't assist. Sorry
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hi Herr Felix 07,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. As the question has been answered, I will go ahead and lock this thread to prevent repetitive answers. Feel free to come back anytime if you have a question or issue. We will be more than happy to answer
    any questions and provide solution. Thank you again and have a good day!
  5. Herr Felix 07 Win User

In this case eBay approved thats true.

however they can check it
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Herr Felix,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Unfortunately, Microsoft is not responsible for personal transactions made on Ebay, or any other 3rd party retailers. In this case, you would have to request support from Ebay.
Thema:

1. Can a Code be blocked if I was scammed? - Similar Threads - Code blocked was

2. Block redeemed code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Block redeemed code: I bought an xbox one x with the code of THE DIVISION 2. I don't like the game and I sold it on ebay, paypal payment. unfortunately they cheated me, paypal canceled the payment but they redeemed...
  3. "Your network settings are blocking party chat." Error code 0x8923401C

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Your network settings are blocking party chat." Error code 0x8923401C: Whenever i try to join my one specific friend's party, I either disconnect and get this message or he disconnects. Also it will not let me join him or him join me in gta 5 online. I have a good...
  4. Region Block for Code Activation?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Region Block for Code Activation?: Hello there, I just purchased a game code for Xbox (Halo Reach for Xbox 360 to be exact) and i am having issues activating the code in the Xbox store. When i enter the code i get an error message...
  5. Cant redeem a game code because of region block

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant redeem a game code because of region block: Hello, today my friend gave me a game code of Rainbow Six Vegas for xbox 360 but when im trying to redeem it the xbox says seomthing went wrong and cant be of it geographic zone, he lives in UK...
  6. How do you fix server connectivity on Windows 10 is blocked? (CODE: 10)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you fix server connectivity on Windows 10 is blocked? (CODE: 10): I recently recovered my Xbox account with my Microsoft information and got it running on my PC with Windows 10 so that I could finally play Xbox games on my PC. That being said, I ran into this...
  7. Block family code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Block family code: What should I do if I forgot code from family code and answear on that question ??? 30496fd4-75fa-4140-8ff2-132d5a08ce5c
  8. You have an existing subscription blocking code redemption.

in XBoX on Consoles
    You have an existing subscription blocking code redemption.: Hi. Xbox live expired today, so my dad bought a digital code digitally from a store and forwarded the email to me. However, when trying to redeem the code I get a message. "You have an existing...
  9. What gives? i'm blocked from adding a 12 month membership code

in XBoX on Consoles
    What gives? i'm blocked from adding a 12 month membership code: Blocked and locked out of making a purchase. Signed in fine though def49d4b-e091-4aa0-a191-149a3cd322cb
  10. i cant join my friend in a party the party say that my network blocked the party chat code ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cant join my friend in a party the party say that my network blocked the party chat code ...: i cant join my friend in a party the party say that my network blocked the party chat code [0x807A1007] fae34020-487d-41e9-b41a-3cddac4a745e