Can a xbox one s play PC version games?

Discus and support Can a xbox one s play PC version games? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I went to microsoft and downloaded a PC game that said can played on xbox one s but no spot appears to play the game.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CrazyTigerJoe, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Can a xbox one s play PC version games?

I went to microsoft and downloaded a PC game that said can played on xbox one s but no spot appears to play the game.

:)

CrazyTigerJoe, Feb 9, 2019
  2. LegoNinja187 Win User

The short answer is no. You can not play a PC version of a game on the Xbox One S. You need the Xbox One version of the game to play on the Xbox One. There are lots of games that are on both PC and Xbox One, and some are

play anywhere
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

If you logged into your xbox account when you made the purchase for Windows 10 version of the game ot should be able to download on xbox, but only if the game is part of the PlayAnywhere library and is a digital copy.
  4. FAKIR101 Win User

you cant play pc games on xbox
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

What game are you talking about?

If it is on this list

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere?xr=shellnav

Then it should show up in your ready to install section of your console as long as you bought the digital copy of the game and bought it from MS
  6. ProgramRAM Win User

If its an Xbox Play anywhere game it just means you will own the PC version and Xbox version and your progress should carry over it does not mean you are playing the 1 for 1 PC version as obviously things are different menus will be as well on some games
    and you are not able on Xbox to change graphics settings in detail aside from some pretty direct PC ports that end up sharing a lot of options such as Warframe which has quite a bit more graphic options then most games on Xbox but you are still playing the
    Xbox version of it. The reason most games run smoothly (Usually) on Xbox is because they were tweaked to run on the console with very specific settings you can not change. Now just make sure you are signed into the same account that purchased the game on PC
    and the game if its Xbox Play Anywhere should be in your ready to install list in your My games and apps on Xbox.
Thema:

1. Can a xbox one s play PC version games? - Similar Threads - play version games

2. Minecraft only allowing me to play on beta version despite not being enrolled in the beta...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft only allowing me to play on beta version despite not being enrolled in the beta...: I have been trying to play Minecraft on my xbox one, however, for some reason despite the fact that I am not participating in the beta programme it says I am. When I look at the insider app all it...
  3. Different versions of the same game causing problems for Xbox Play Anywhere

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Different versions of the same game causing problems for Xbox Play Anywhere: Hope someone can help, Have recently installed Xbox App on our PC so we can co-op games without split screen. However a problem has occurred that a game has updated on the Xbox One but...
  4. 2 versions of same 360 game wont play on xbox one but on backwards compatability list.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2 versions of same 360 game wont play on xbox one but on backwards compatability list.: HELP. I can play many of my xbox 360 games and my xbox one games no problem but Borderlands 1 would not work. Checked online and many people said only the game of the year version will work....
  5. Fortnite Delux - bought the PvE game but can only play the Version requiring Live Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite Delux - bought the PvE game but can only play the Version requiring Live Gold: Hi all. I purchased the Fortnite Delux Founders edition which came bundled with Battle Royale. I paid the money for the Delux PvE game so that my child could play without going online. But when...
  6. Used to play Gears of War 4 trial version, now can't pay from disc (and I also have Game Pass)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Used to play Gears of War 4 trial version, now can't pay from disc (and I also have Game Pass): I played a few hours of GoW 4. Now I have the disc and I also subscribed to Game Pass. My XBOX still launch the game as if I have only the trial version. It says I have 2 hours remaining and game...
  7. Why no Cross-Play with physical versions of games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why no Cross-Play with physical versions of games?: I wanted to ask a question and to yell out about something! Why do we pay the same price on digital copies than physical copies if we don't have right of have it on windows 10? It's not...
  8. Other profiles on my Xbox 360 cannot play full versions of purchased games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Other profiles on my Xbox 360 cannot play full versions of purchased games.: I recently traded in my Xbox 360 S in towards an Xbox one, and got out my old Xbox 360 (the white one with the 60GB hard drive). I transferred all the content from the 360 S to the white 360,...
  9. (DISC VERSION) games having to download before playing!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (DISC VERSION) games having to download before playing!!!: I bought 3 games (DISC VERSION) and started to download one of them, that took 2 days and is only 46% complete. Also another problem i am having is that after the game is done downloading, there...
  10. I own the disk/game but i can't play the downloaded version on my Xbox unless i put the disk ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I own the disk/game but i can't play the downloaded version on my Xbox unless i put the disk ...: I own the disk/game but i can't play the downloaded version on my Xbox unless i put the disk in? Can someone please help me!!!! 790319ac-60db-48dc-8177-14430bf3230a