Can an Xbox app running in the background access network?

Discus and support Can an Xbox app running in the background access network? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, just starting to learn about Xbox Dev Mode etc, very interesting. I have developed a program in Visual Studio, C#, that runs on Win 10 PC (and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Maskmagog, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Maskmagog
    Maskmagog Guest

Hi, just starting to learn about Xbox Dev Mode etc, very interesting.

I have developed a program in Visual Studio, C#, that runs on Win 10 PC (and RPi). It listens to UDP output from an Xbox One game, and sends data (laptimes) to an external database with a simple API in php on the server.

In theory, could it be possible to have a small application to run on the Xbox One, in the background, listening and reacting to UDP sent from a game running on the same Xbox? If so, I would be in heaven! Can an Xbox app running in the background access network? :)

:)

Maskmagog, Jul 10, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

3. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox Party chat not working

Can you check in Settings > Privacy > Background Apps and check that the Xbox App is set to On so that it can run in the background?
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Amazon Music App and Pandora App Running but NO MUSIC. All other apps and sounds work normally

Hi there,

The Pandora app and Amazon music apps function as background apps or snapped apps as they are called on Xbox One and since the app is running in the background, the audio controls are accessed using a submenu since the app is not open on full screen. Accessing
    the audio controls can be confusing, but I believe it works similar on PC when you use these apps in a snapped format, playing in the background while you use games or other apps so its just the functionality of music apps that play in the background. When
    a background music app is playing, you can also access the Volume controls under the Display and Sound Settings, then look for Sound Mixer.

We appreciate the feedback on how to access the audio controls for these apps that I'm sure will help many others, so I will go ahead and mark your post as answered and lock the thread. I'll provide some support articles on this topic for further information:

Feel free to come back to the forums anytime you have any questions or concerns and we would be more than happy to assist you!

Thank you and have a great day!
  5. MasterXploder7 Win User

Post suspension party/game chat ban.

have you tried using skype? Xbox's connection in general is sketchy for me and my friends, we cant even access party chat. so we use skype and have it run in the background (its the only app that properly runs in the background too).
  6. FullHornet Win User

Finally found a xbox one.. Couple ??'s

No. Does it do it with every game you try to install? Also, make sure that you do not have any apps running in the background on the dashboard ie completely exit out of tv by pressing the menu button and selecting quit. Apps running in the background
    can affect your installs. If closing out background apps that are open does not fix it, I would contact MS.
Thema:

1. Can an Xbox app running in the background access network? - Similar Threads - app running background

2. Xbox Rewards App fails to run: update your console's location

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Rewards App fails to run: update your console's location: Yesterday the Xbox rewards app on my Xbox One console failed to start and was just hanging. Today I get this error: "Update your console's location". The location is fine, reinstalling didn't fix...
  3. Amazon Music App and Pandora App Running but NO MUSIC. All other apps and sounds work normally

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Music App and Pandora App Running but NO MUSIC. All other apps and sounds work normally: I've spent hours trying to solve this to no avail. I've streamed Pandora for years with no problem. Then today I noticed Pandora began to stream but no sound. I can see the app is playing the...
  4. How can I shutdown games and apps instead of the home button, so they dont continue running in ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I shutdown games and apps instead of the home button, so they dont continue running in ...: Is there a way i dont know about where you can shut down programs like a task manager instead of having them continue to run in the background causing havok on my stats on games?...
  5. Can anyone confirm that FX Now app downloads and runs?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can anyone confirm that FX Now app downloads and runs?: I am unable to get the FX Now app to run. My main console is a slim 360 with internal memory. When I download it, the 137mb download takes as long as it should and downloads to 100%. If I try to...
  6. Xbox app crash when running ARK

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app crash when running ARK: I am running ARK game on my windows 10 PC. I use the Windows 10 PC to run ARK as a player server. everything starts fine, we can play for hours sometimes, but it will get to a point were the Xbox...
  7. To see all apps and games, your device needs to be running Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    To see all apps and games, your device needs to be running Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: Recently I wanted to buy a game from the Microsoft store ("Sea of Thieves", to be precise). But when I visited the games store page the "purchase" button was greyed and it reads "To see all apps...
  8. Invite and message issues while running android app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Invite and message issues while running android app: just a few days ago I started having this issue. Not sure what set it in motion but hopefully there's an easy fix. My xbox one s will not receive notifications, invites, or messages while I'm...
  9. Cant run or access any games or apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant run or access any games or apps: my xbox one is unusable. All i get are the basic screens. can't run games cant sign out, cant see friends, i cant access anything other than the my games and apps button on the screen. when in my...
  10. Games won't run in the background with snapped app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games won't run in the background with snapped app: I can't see the game running if I'm in the home screen with an app snapped. It just shows the games logo and the snapped app. Any fix? Feel free to message me on Xbox if you have a fix. Gt: God...