Can anyone help solve a headset audio problem?

Discus and support Can anyone help solve a headset audio problem? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Headset audio stopped working - the console (xbox one s) didn't register that a headset was attached. It was a faulty controller, so we exchanged it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by evolutionistr, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Can anyone help solve a headset audio problem?

Headset audio stopped working - the console (xbox one s) didn't register that a headset was attached. It was a faulty controller, so we exchanged it and now have a new one. When the headset is plugged in the console recognises it. In settings we set audio
    to 'headset' and turn the volume right up. The headset physical volume is not muted and is turned right up. Yet no sound comes through the headset and still comes out of the tv. I should point out its a new xbox one branded headset and it works fine when
    plugged into a phone.

We tried doing a reset of the console, but that didn't help. Any ideas what's going wrong?

:)

evolutionistr, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. If you're having trouble using the mic in chat please try these steps to see if one of them helps.

1. Mute then unmute other people in your party
    2. Have other people in the party mute than unmute you
    3. Power cycle the console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds till it shuts down.
    4. Delete your gamertag, powercycle the console again then redownload your gamertag

If you still have trouble with the headset you can try the steps at this link

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wired-headset-help

I also wanted to mention that perhaps it is an issue with the jack itself. You could try getting a headset adapter for the controller. I use one exclusively and have never had an issue as the adapter is more stable than the jack.
  3. Tetanos666 Win User

Hello,

I use a simple phone handsfree headset and works brilliantly. I suggest that you try one yourself if you have one around. Next test would be connecting your headsets to another controller, a friend's maybe. Lastly, you can try your controller with another
    Xbox. There could be a problem with the pins of the jack. I sometimes need to turn it clockwise or the other way for the sound to come.

I hope you sort it out easily,

Cheers
  4. oran bais Win User

Please help a clueless mum

I have had this same issue in the past with my wifes headset as well as mine.

With her headset the actual headset did not allow game audio but, going the Settings>General>Volume & Audio Output : there you will find options that allow you to set up the headset speakers to (headset only) this may solve the issue. As for my headset it
    took me and hour to realize the headset itself had a mute switch on it and turning that off fixed that headset.
  5. Jermitis Win User

Headset not working

Hopefully I can offer some help. Can you not hear any audio through the headset at all? And have you checked the volume control on the headset?
  6. iStealYourKids Win User

Turtle Beach Earforce X11

The red & white plugs that come with the headset need to be connected to the xbox audio cables, this should solve the problem. Another possiblity is to plug the green headphone plug on the end of the headset into the TV's headphone jack.
Thema:

1. Can anyone help solve a headset audio problem? - Similar Threads - anyone help solve

2. Why can't I talk to anyone that can help?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I talk to anyone that can help?: I'm done doing what i need to around my house so I decide to play xbox. 5 minutes later my xbox live service goes down. Ok let me check the Xbox live service status. EVERYTHING IS OKAY it says....
  3. I have EVERYTHING I need for streaming but I can't get past this screen... please help, anyone?

in XboX Insiders
    I have EVERYTHING I need for streaming but I can't get past this screen... please help, anyone?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Forcefieldofstank [link] [comments]
  4. It won’t let me sign up for the preview?? Does anyone know how to help?

in XboX Insiders
    It won’t let me sign up for the preview?? Does anyone know how to help?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Luminous_Xbox [link] [comments]
  5. New to anything insider/preview related content on Xbox. Can anyone help?

in XboX Insiders
    New to anything insider/preview related content on Xbox. Can anyone help?: Greetings, I've been playing Xbox one since 2015, and became a amepass ultimate member since late 2019. Recently, I became aware of the Game Preview Update and the ability to stream games to your...
  6. Can anyone help me register for Flight Sim 2020?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anyone help me register for Flight Sim 2020?: Hello, I can't seem to find how to register for the Alpha or future alphas/betas on Flight Simulator 2020. I have the Insider Hub on the PC but i can't seem to find it. Any help or direction?...
  7. Trouble not in area/ring can anyone help

in XboX Insiders
    Trouble not in area/ring can anyone help: I am having trouble using the service I get an error message saying it's not in my area or ring what does this mean and how can i fix it if at all submitted by /u/chazyspazzy [link] [comments]
  8. Microsoft refuse to refund a game that will not work - can anyone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft refuse to refund a game that will not work - can anyone help?: My son used to play Disney Infinity on his x-box 360 For Christmas we bought him an xbox one and last week downloaded the Disney Infinity game for the xbox one but it won't work because: The...
  9. I'm having problems with console streaming. Can anyone help me to fix it? I'm on alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    I'm having problems with console streaming. Can anyone help me to fix it? I'm on alpha...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Deadmandoom963 [link] [comments]
  10. Please help anyone my xbox1s is so very sluggish the past 2 days it is so slow with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help anyone my xbox1s is so very sluggish the past 2 days it is so slow with...: Its been slow so very slow the past 2 days with all apps internet browsers and slow turning off aswell. I have energy saving on. Its also not my internet either. Does xbox1 have a safe mode like...