Can Flixster or ultraviolet be used on xbox360?

Discus and support Can Flixster or ultraviolet be used on xbox360? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can Flixster or ultraviolet be used on xbox360? 541d1ebb-6949-400d-a4ac-c3f9ae1f2bd6 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ianjf1959, Jun 17, 2014.

1. ianjf1959
    ianjf1959 Guest

:)

ianjf1959, Jun 17, 2014
  2. Gravity oXo
    Gravity oXo Guest
    Xbox One needs an app forFlixter & Ultraviolet

You can watch your UltraViolet movies/tv on the VUDU app on Xbox One. If you go to your account on VUDU, you can link your Ultraviolet account so they can be viewed from Flixster or VUDU. Hope that helps. Can Flixster or ultraviolet be used on xbox360? :)

Gravity oXo, Jun 17, 2014
  3. BuddyMark
    BuddyMark Guest
    Will Flixster be an app available on Xbox One?

Any movie you own on Flixster is available on VUDU by linking both accounts to UltraViolet (www.uvvu.com).

BuddyMark, Jun 17, 2014
  4. cmyates42Yates Win User

Also, ultraviolet (uvvu.com) library does not list any flixster movie. Yes, it is linked.
  5. Gravity oXo Win User

Xbox One needs an app forFlixter & Ultraviolet

You can watch your UltraViolet movies/tv on the VUDU app on Xbox One. If you go to your account on VUDU, you can link your Ultraviolet account so they can be viewed from Flixster or VUDU. Hope that helps. :)
  6. BuddyMark Win User

Any movie you own on Flixster is available on VUDU by linking both accounts to UltraViolet (www.uvvu.com).
  7. cmyates42Yates Win User

I have vudu & flixster & both are linked to ultraviolet (also have cinemanow linked.), but I cannot watch vudu on flixster & vice versa. also, linked to disney through vudu & the disney movies are not on cinemanow, nor are any flixster movies on cinemanow.
  8. IceStorm III Win User

UltraViolet

UltraViolet is the MPAA's answer to iTunes having a virtual lock on digital movie distribution. The quality of the one UltraViolet movie I've watched (Green Lantern) kinda sucks, but Vudu's supposedly got better quality.

Unfortunately, UltraViolet is fractured across multiple provider platforms. You need not only an UltraViolet account, but you then need an account on a provider platform. Currently, those include Flixster, Vudu, Sony Pictures, Paramount, and several others.

There are several "catches":

When you reedeem an UltraViolet code, it has to be locked to a provider. When you get a UV code with a Blu-ray movie you only get a couple choices of provider. So far, out of the seven UV codes I've received with UV codes, I believe six of the seven were
    Vudu or Flixster, and one was Vudu or Sony. As Flixster can download to the iPad, I choose to lock my movies to Flixster and Sony (no idea if Sony has an app, but I know Vudu won't download).

The Providers do not cross-honor each other's content. Lock your movie to Flixster and you have to use Flixster to watch it. Some providers (Flixster) allow for downloading a local copy for offline viewing. Others (Vudu) do not. Adding to this, not all providers
    are available on all platforms. Flixster isn't on the 360. Paramount and Vudu are, but of course no cross-honoring of content so while the Paramount app can see the seven movies I own, it won't let me watch any of them.

So as you can see, it's all a big mess. Not all UV codes are usable with all providers. Not all providers offer all UV content. Not all devices can play all UV content.

If you want to try it, Vudu is offering a free movie if you sign up for both a Vudu and UltraViolet account through their website (you HAVE to sign up for both through their site, so don't make your own UV
    account first).

I will repeat the same warning I've stated before - you do not "own" DRM'ed digital content. When the servers go, the content goes. Do not consider a UV movie to be something you own. It's a long-term rental, at best. The same goes for all DRM'ed content
    you buy, be it Marketplace DLC, Games on Demand, iTunes movies, or Steam games. If you want to OWN a movie or game, buy it on DVD or Blu-ray. Use UltraViolet, iTunes, Windows Media Player, Marketplace, or PSN as an alternative, not as a definitive source for
    something in your collection.
Thema:

1. Can Flixster or ultraviolet be used on xbox360? - Similar Threads - Flixster ultraviolet used

2. my Xbox is stopped without warning by using Microsoft Edge and looking for some things on a...

in XboX Insiders
    my Xbox is stopped without warning by using Microsoft Edge and looking for some things on a...: [IMG] submitted by /u/J_U_R_4_S_S_l_C [link] [comments]
  3. Cineplex app dropped ultraviolet and no replacement app yet, where is CinemaNow?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cineplex app dropped ultraviolet and no replacement app yet, where is CinemaNow?: Split from this thread. are there any plans to make CinemaNow app available to Canadian users? 704b357b-0733-48d4-9b48-581665951ef2
  4. Cineplex app dropped ultraviolet and no replacement app yet, where is CinemaNow?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cineplex app dropped ultraviolet and no replacement app yet, where is CinemaNow?: The Cineplex app in Canada dropped Ultraviolet a while ago; "Effective Sept 1, 2016 the Cineplex Store will no longer be offering UltraViolet services." per CINEPLEX STORE - DIGITAL...
  5. Flixster rented movie wont play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flixster rented movie wont play.: we rented a movie from Flixster, but when we try to play it, it says "the Flixster server isn't available right now" we tried removing the ap, and downloading it again and it still says the same...
  6. Flixster App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flixster App: Is the Flixster app going to come anytime soon for the Xbox One? It's on the 360. ba50b105-bfdc-4531-b04b-769e92699b11
  7. Flixster app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flixster app: Hi can anyone tell me if the flixster app is available I can't seem to find it. Thanks b55ed610-1fa5-4ee1-ad46-05105c7ac5c3
  8. How do I watch ultraviolet movies on my xbox 360 in the UK?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I watch ultraviolet movies on my xbox 360 in the UK?: I have been trawling the Internet to find a solution to this and come up with nothing (unless you live in the US) . I have a number of Blu Ray which came with an ultraviolet copy. I have been able...
  9. Flixster

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flixster: I was just wondering if we would be getting Flixster anytime soon here in the UK. I have around 50 titles, like a lot of people that uses Ultraviolet codes from DVDS/Bluray and apart from tablets,...
  10. Xbox One needs an app forFlixter & Ultraviolet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One needs an app forFlixter & Ultraviolet: You know the codes you use in your DVD's to get the digital download? the Xbox should have a viewer app for the Flixter & Ultraviolet service (and any other) so you can watch your movies streamed...