Can hard restting series s fix my problems?

Discus and support Can hard restting series s fix my problems? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, recently my series s has been having issues, those being random freezes, controller disconnecting randomly, the sync button not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mtgt1888, Sep 23, 2022 at 7:33 PM.

1. Mtgt1888
    Mtgt1888 Guest

Hello everyone, recently my series s has been having issues, those being random freezes, controller disconnecting randomly, the sync button not working, and the console just being rather slow. I was wondering if doing a factory reset could fix my problems? Thank you

:)

2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Mtgt, Yes it can help, let's test it.

Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

Select System > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset Console.

Restore and keep my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

When asking to pull settings from an old xbox, put no

You will have to log in your accounts again, that's all

A doubt, is your console part of the insider?
  3. Previous Crease Win User

External Storage with Xbox Series S

I’ve used the hard drives for my Xbox one but when I bought the hard drive, it said it was compatible for the series s.

The game I bought in the Microsoft store on the Xbox one. I was trying to play it on my series s.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Expanding the storage on the new Xbox

Hi KhaledAbdul Ghani

Yes you can! As the Series S has limited space on the drive, you can connect an external hard drive to store games and media.
    Are you sure about that?

I've got a Series S and all of my Series X|S games can ONLY run from either internal or expansion storage, they won't run from a slow external mechanical hard drive. Even an external SSD isn't considered quick enough for these games.

XBox One games can run from either but Series optimised games must run on internal or expansion.

You can back up Series games to external, but not run them there.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

XBOX register device

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

This is a known bug, but it won't affect you at all. The Xbox Series S will probably be shown in the next few days, rest assured that the registered serial is from the s series.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Can you use external hard drives on xbox series s

Hi,

Series X|S optimised games can only run on either the internal storage or expansion card. You can 'store' Series X|S on a USB hard drive/SSD for later but you can't play them from these drives as they're not fast enough.

Xbox One games that are not optimised for Series X|S can be run from USB Storage.
Thema:

1. Can hard restting series s fix my problems? - Similar Threads - hard restting series

2. Critical Problem with XBOX INSIDER Auto-Updates on Original Xbox with external hard drives...

in XboX Insiders
    Critical Problem with XBOX INSIDER Auto-Updates on Original Xbox with external hard drives...: To the mods--(This question IS about xbox insider topics as this problem is only happening to me because of the updates I'm getting from being in the insider program.) I've been in the insider...
  3. Xbox one external hard drive formatting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one external hard drive formatting issues: I recently have purchased a 2Tb external hard drive for my xbox. When plugging in the hard drive, the screen to format it will pop up then quickly go away. This happens over and over again, and I...
  4. Hard copy of Vampyre will not load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hard copy of Vampyre will not load: I have a hard copy og Vampyr...the game is pristine and has no damage to the disc..i briefly played the game a few mo ths back, and it was fine..all worked perfect..no problems..no framerate drop...
  5. Can't get formatted hard drive to work as capture location on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get formatted hard drive to work as capture location on Xbox Series X: 1. I can’t seem to get my hard drive to work as a capture device on my Xbox Series X. I keep getting the message “(0x80bd003c)” about formatting the device on your PC to NTFS. I have done this...
  6. My Ready to Install wouldn't show up until I hard rest my Xbox. Does anyone else in Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    My Ready to Install wouldn't show up until I hard rest my Xbox. Does anyone else in Alpha...: Title. I got on tonight and everything loaded fine with my home screen then I went to My Games & Apps and my installed games loaded fine but my Ready to Install wouldn't load at all. So I brushed...
  7. In the same boat as the rest of this forum. I am snowed in and need to play HWDE. Hard to wait.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    In the same boat as the rest of this forum. I am snowed in and need to play HWDE. Hard to wait.: Please help. Would like my code! fdd4221a-cce9-4b93-a916-bfcc3b60b4a9
  8. I have rest my hard disk drive and i loose my savegame how i can load my save ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have rest my hard disk drive and i loose my savegame how i can load my save ?: I have rest my hard disk drive and i loose my savegame how i can load my save ? 7d4eda8f-d3d3-42a4-ac89-d29ae992df76
  9. VoG hard need rest of fire team

in XBoX Games and Apps
    VoG hard need rest of fire team: I'm a lvl 28, I have a lvl 30 and a 31 I just can't get the other players, I'm lookin for 3 people who can do it on hard and are willin to do it every week when it resets, add me and shoot me a...
  10. xbox one s hard rest all the time

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one s hard rest all the time: I have a xbox one s madden console i have to hard reset it almost every day if not multiple times a day. b4ea922a-03fc-4e5a-87c0-eaba915472e1