Can hear party through TV but not headset

Discus and support Can hear party through TV but not headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, ever since the recent update (I forget the date it launched, but today is 10/18/2020), my party chat has been messed up. I join, and can hear... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Orthus����, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Can hear party through TV but not headset

So, ever since the recent update (I forget the date it launched, but today is 10/18/2020), my party chat has been messed up. I join, and can hear people talking for a second, then it goes quiet. I can see their icons lighting up, but hear nothing unless
    I unplug my headset and hear it through the TV. I can hear and talk in game chats fine, but party chats just won't work. I've tried using a different remote, different headset, even plugging my controller to my Xbox, but still nothing.

:)

Orthus����, Oct 18, 2020
  2. DraftBacchus58 Win User

Game audio not playing

I can hear game volume through my TV, just not through my headset. I can hear party audio, just not game audio.
  3. JoeyZarra Win User

audio and party are playing through different channels

nope doesnt work. Im going to describe my problem in greater detail. Im in a party with my friends but i can only hear them in my headset. The game audio is going through the tv and not the headset.
  4. ThumbnailBox451 Win User

Microphones on both of my headsets not working since this week's update

I can't hear anybody through my TB XO One headset, but they can hear me. Game chat is fine, but in party chat it doesn't work. It shows me speaking when I speak, and my friends tell me they can hear me, and if I unplug the headset, I can hear people speaking
    through the TV speakers.

The fact that game chat still works proves that it's Microsoft's software, not my headset, adapter, Xbox or controller.
  5. napalm 31337 Win User

Party chat problems

With four different controllers and three different headsets one brand new out of the box if I'm in a party chat it's extremely loud I Echo and everybody's headset they could hear a pin drop in my house everything that goes on there's feedback loops
    I have the TV volume off but yet they can still hear all the sound through my headset gaming sound mic Extremely Loud can hear anything in my house have all the settings turned as low as I can can't find what is wrong
    If you have TV sound off and in party other player can hear your game sounds, you are using an headset combo game sound/party chat.

Can you share with us your headset brand and model? For all of this because you say that have 3 different headsets.

This additional info can help us.
  6. VASHTA NER4DA Win User

How do you stop voice chat coming out of TV

You can always do this: Settings>Privacy and online safety> custom then set that to just friends. Then you wont have to worry about hearing others through in game chat. If its your party coming through your Tv speakers, try plugging your headset in before
    joining the party.
Thema:

Can hear party through TV but not headset

1. Can hear party through TV but not headset - Similar Threads - hear party through

2. my friend can hear my game sound through party chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my friend can hear my game sound through party chat.: Hi, my friend has been saying for a couple days now that he can hear himself when he talks but he can also hear my game sound when i talk, i have enabled party overlay and can see when he talks it...
  3. I can hear myself through mic monitoring, but the people in my party can't. I've tried...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can hear myself through mic monitoring, but the people in my party can't. I've tried...: So, as I said in the header, I can hear myself through mic monitoring, but the people in my party cannot. I've tried numerous amounts of things and none workout. I've tried, Restarting my Xbox...
  4. Party chat through Xbox App while hearing voice/game audio through headset connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat through Xbox App while hearing voice/game audio through headset connected to...: The title is probably a little confusing. I have a Blue Yeti mic that I want to talk with to my party on the Xbox app, which works. The problem is, I can't hear anybody or the game audio with my...
  5. Xbox party relays everything I hear through my computer through the mic.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox party relays everything I hear through my computer through the mic.: So for about a month or so, my friends have been complaining about my headset echoing and hearing the audio from videos or my music. I use other apps such as discord and skype, even facebooks...
  6. No one can hear me through headset mic, kinect works fine. Can hear all other sounds and party.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No one can hear me through headset mic, kinect works fine. Can hear all other sounds and party.: Ok so before we start no it is not muted. Last Monday afternoon everything worked fine, come the evening my mic wouldn't work but I could hear all the party and game sounds. I tried my Kinect and...
  7. I cannot hear my friends when we are in a party through my turtle beach headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot hear my friends when we are in a party through my turtle beach headset: So I went on the xbone to play some GTA 5 and so the. A friend invited me to join their session and party. The only issue was that I could hear them through my turtle beach stealth 500x wireless...
  8. Party Chat: I can't hear anyone through my headset... 2 headsets, 2 adapters, 2 ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party Chat: I can't hear anyone through my headset... 2 headsets, 2 adapters, 2 ...: So after my Turtle Beach x11s physically started to break (though still worked as a headset, one of the cups came apart) I decided to get a new headset (HyperX Cloud IIs). After the most recent...
  9. Cannot speak in party/in-game chat. But can hear everyone through headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot speak in party/in-game chat. But can hear everyone through headset.: This all started just a few days ago. I tried joining a party to chat with friends. Only to find out that I my voice doesn't broadcast or project in chat. Nothing at all, I can hear them just...
  10. Can't hear others through Wired Headset outside of Party Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't hear others through Wired Headset outside of Party Chat: I recently purchased an Xbox One with a Kinect. I am using the wired headset supplied with the console. in a party, I can hear my friends through the headset... However if I am not in a party, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can hear mic through tv but not through headphones