Can I add the option to verify my account on each purchase on Xbox Live?

Discus and support Can I add the option to verify my account on each purchase on Xbox Live? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a credit card added to my account, now, just with the press of 1 or 2 buttons i can buy any game on the market place. I am worried that kids... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by howllet, Dec 26, 2014.

1. howllet
    howllet Guest

I have a credit card added to my account, now, just with the press of 1 or 2 buttons i can buy any game on the market place.

I am worried that kids playing on my xbox, my end up wasting all my money.

Can I have the xbox verify my password on each purchase attempt?

:)

howllet, Dec 26, 2014
  2. Can I Purchase a Game for my 9 year old, or can he purchase rated M?

I changed all settings to allow him to purchase any game, also given his account the necessary points to purchase but each time I try to buy the game tells me he doesn't have permission. Can either I purchase for him from my account or do we have to do
    it with his account logged in?

I have 2 Xbox'sI, I have my account on one and his on another. I want to purchase add-on so we can both play at the same time. I know I will have to purchase one for each box. So how do I do it?

Thanks for any help?

Scotslad007-4988A5EF-321D-4C86-B0F9-954D7ECFC0DA, Dec 26, 2014
  3. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    Can't purchase Backwards Compatible game from the microsoft store

Hi, things work very strangely when it comes to backwards compatible titles and payment options added on an Xbox One, for whatever reason you can't use a payment option to purchase these games if you added it on an Xbox One, you have to add the payment option
    on an Xbox 360..........funky huh

Troubleshoot Xbox 360 Marketplace Purchasing

I added a payment option to my account at account.microsoft.com or on my Xbox One console, but I don't see the payment option when I try to purchase.

If you don't see the payment option when you try to make a purchase, you need to add
    the payment option on your Xbox 360 console

EggsBoxJuan, Dec 26, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

No. There is no way to add a password just for purchasing. The best thing to do is leave a password on your account so your kids can't access it, and create a child account for them to use without a payment method attached.

Smwutches, Dec 26, 2014
  5. Smwutches Win User

No. There is no way to add a password just for purchasing. The best thing to do is leave a password on your account so your kids can't access it, and create a child account for them to use without a payment method attached.
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Merge Microsoft and Xbox live account

Hi Greg,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. At this time, there is not an option to merge multiple Microsoft accounts.

Microsoft Account on the Xbox console FAQ

Each Microsoft account (Xbox account is also a MS account.) may only be associated with 1 email alias for logging in; however, you can add additional emails in as security measures for notifications & verifications as well. The contents/purchases of each
    account are also proprietary to each account used for purchase.

Add security information to your Microsoft account

I hope that this information helps out.
  7. luissolid Win User

Purchasing Backwards Compatible Games

First verify your location and region. After that add your payment options on xbox.com (on your account) then try to do the purchase the games!

Regards!
  8. Andre for Directly Win User

Combine two accounts - Windows and XBox Live - Help Please

Hi Rookie_1986

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. At this time, there is not an option to merge multiple Microsoft accounts.

Microsoft Account on the Xbox console FAQ

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-a...

Each Microsoft account (Xbox account is also a MS account.) may only be associated with 1 email alias for logging in; however, you can add additional emails in as security measures for notifications & verifications as well. The contents/purchases of each account
    are also proprietary to each account used for purchase.

Add security information to your Microsoft account

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/security/ad...
  9. XBF Brad A Win User

Trying to sign in to Xbox One having forgotten which email address was used to set up my account

Hi ERS,

A Microsoft account is same as the Xbox account. If the email is not correct, it will also not be correct on the Microsoft account. So it would be best to go through the account recovery, all this does will allow to add another way to verify the account
    since you cant verify it at the moment with the misspelled email. We understand you can get into the account but you are unable to verify it. This is why I having you do the account recovery. You can sign in, then try and add a verification, but you need to
    verify again. Then when you do it puts a 30 day lock on your account. You can use it, but cant change anything or purchase anything for 30 days. Still have questions, you can request a call from support to assist you better.

When you go to Contact Us,follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----select see other options then subscription changes
    • Step 3-----select show contact options

Step 4 ----select request call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Can I add the option to verify my account on each purchase on Xbox Live? - Similar Threads - add option verify

2. Please add transparency options for Mixer watermark

in XboX Insiders
    Please add transparency options for Mixer watermark: [IMG] submitted by /u/lazaromsousa [link] [comments]
  3. Bug with the "Add channel" option in Xbox Clubs disappearing.

in XboX Insiders
    Bug with the "Add channel" option in Xbox Clubs disappearing.: I own a club called "Ori Community". I created it last year in anticipation for the sequel to Ori and the Will of the Wisps which releases Wednesday next week. I've got the club set up pretty well...
  4. Please add an option to hide the recording timer when recording gameplay videos via the...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please add an option to hide the recording timer when recording gameplay videos via the...: To the dev team: The following is a feature request for the video recording function of the Windows Game Bar in Windows 10. I would like to be able to hide the recording timer when recording...
  5. Upgraded to XBOX One X but insider hub is missing the option to add my new console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upgraded to XBOX One X but insider hub is missing the option to add my new console.: I upgraded to the One X, I have everything transferred over, but the Insider hub has my old console info on it under manage consoles. How do I add more? I read you can have up to 10 devices on...
  6. Please add Friendlist - Group Options

in XboX Insiders
    Please add Friendlist - Group Options: [IMG] It would be awesome if there was a way to put friends in (different) lists - for example I am part of a gamer group on facebook and would love to put all of those people in a list of...
  7. "Add payment option" bug

in XBoX Accessibility
    "Add payment option" bug: Hi there, As support chat is unreachable and nobody called me when scheduling a support call, I'm reaching out to you good people. I am unable to buy anything on the Xbox marketplace. Every...
  8. I can’t add a different payment option

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t add a different payment option: I need to pay off xbox live gold but my card is being declined and it won’t let me add a different card d4c438af-b496-46ac-9f4f-9e913d2ac734
  9. Add option for external drive filter in manage games

in XboX Insiders
    Add option for external drive filter in manage games: If you have more than one external drive as I do, and have one for main storage and one set up for games that are played frequently as well, then the default storage is always the main drive. I...
  10. Mahjong - Add new option

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mahjong - Add new option: Hello, I would like to suggest you to add a new option to the Mahjong game or to change the pause mode: it would be nice to turn off the music while we're in pause. So either a new option, or...