Can I allow my son who is 12 to play multiplayer minecraft?

Discus and support Can I allow my son who is 12 to play multiplayer minecraft? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After migrating his account he had been unable to play minecraft multiplayer. Does he have to wait till he is 13 or can I change it?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JustinLin_919, May 30, 2022.

1. Can I allow my son who is 12 to play multiplayer minecraft?

After migrating his account he had been unable to play minecraft multiplayer. Does he have to wait till he is 13 or can I change it?

:)

JustinLin_919, May 30, 2022
  2. JustinLin_919 Win User

Thank you for replying but it doesn't let me change privacy.
  3. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, JustinLin_919!

Thank you for your reply.

Changing your son's privacy settings from his account won't be possible because he has a child account. To change his settings, you'll need to add his account to a family group set by you as the organizer, and then manually change his settings and content restrictions.

- The easiest way to do this is through the Xbox Family Settings app, which is available for Android and iOS: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/family-settings...

1) Download the Family Settings App.

2) Sign in to your Microsoft Account. If you don't have one yet, you'll need to create one.

3) Add your child's account.

4) Tap "Settings" and select your son's account.

5) From there, you should be able to manage his settings.

- If you already have a Family group set by you as the organizer, you can also change your child's settings by signing in to your account at: https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Settings
  4. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, JustinLin_919! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

Are you getting an error code/message stating your son's profile is not allowed to access multiplayer features on Minecraft? if you are, then you will need to change his account's Online Privacy and Security settings, as stated on this support page:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...

Please keep in mind that if Minecraft is rated above your son's age limit, you will need to manually allow his profile permission to access the game.

To access realms, the three main settings that need to be enabled are:

- You can play with people outside of Xbox

- You can create and join clubs

- You can join multiplayer games

I hope this helps!
  5. JonhritcheTagaro Win User

Minecraft multiplayer

I downloaded the Xbox family app for my son and turn on allow multiplayer for him, but he still is not able to play multiplayer minecraft. Can anyone help?
    How to fix Minecraft account
  6. JamboFirstBlood Win User

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

I'm enjoying the beta at the moment,it's a shame Microsoft won't allow it as I would like to play it with my son who has a x1.

I can see why the wouldn't allow cross platform on a fps but not in this case.
Thema:

1. Can I allow my son who is 12 to play multiplayer minecraft? - Similar Threads - allow son play

2. Minecraft - Allowing my son to access using his account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft - Allowing my son to access using his account: I've recently purchased Minecraft with the intent to allow my son to play on the laptop. I'm having a very difficult time figuring out how to allow him to access this game. When he tries to...
  3. how to change the security to allow son to hear other gamers

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change the security to allow son to hear other gamers: How do I change the security settings for my son to be able to hear other gamer on the xbox one. I have an account as a parent and he has an account as a child 06342e16-51fe-4dcc-a887-0ef8ac95e88e
  4. How to allow my son to have a friend invite him to play Minecraft with him as a "friend"...

in XBoX on Mobile
    How to allow my son to have a friend invite him to play Minecraft with him as a "friend"...: Hi, my son plays Minecraft pocket edition by himself on his phone, but a friend of him (in real life) invited him to join his world as a "friend." I went through the Xbox controls and now he can...
  5. how do you allow my son to add friends across platforms?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do you allow my son to add friends across platforms?: how do you allow my son to add friends across platforms? d505e488-8f9e-440e-b9b7-2b5a0c120ea1
  6. My sons having trouble accessing Youtube and now today wont allow him to play fortnight

in XBoX Accessibility
    My sons having trouble accessing Youtube and now today wont allow him to play fortnight: He has been on both for the last week but yesterday he couldn't access YouTube now today he cant access fortnight. We have allowed access to both so unsure as to why all of a sudden he cant play...
  7. How to allow son to make and accept friends requests Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to allow son to make and accept friends requests Xbox one: Hi could anyone help, i am an xbox newbie, how do i give permission for my son to accept and make friends request. At the minute my settings dont allow it. I can find anyway of adjusting them....
  8. pre ordered call of duty modern warfare 2/ dose not allow me to share the game with my son

in XBoX Games and Apps
    pre ordered call of duty modern warfare 2/ dose not allow me to share the game with my son: To whom it may concern, I purchased the COD game with intentions of sharing the game with my son and it dose not allow me to share with my son. Very upset requesting a refund or if u can fix the...
  9. My sons xbox one x will not allow him to add his account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sons xbox one x will not allow him to add his account.: Bought my son an Xbox one x console for his birthday in may and haven't been able to add his account so he hasn't been able to play on it. everytime we click add new it stays on a black screen...
  10. Allow son to play xbox without needing my passcode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Allow son to play xbox without needing my passcode: I bought my son an xbox one. He is 9. I don't want him to be able to buy games or DLC when ever he likes so I added the passkey(code) to the account. Problem is he plays that stupid Minecraft game...