Can I buy a physical game and install on my normal Xbox one and the download the game on my...

Discus and support Can I buy a physical game and install on my normal Xbox one and the download the game on my... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Okay, so I have two Xbox One consoles. One is the standard with a physical drive and the other a digital edition. There are a number of older games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mundstick, Nov 4, 2020.

1. mundstick
    mundstick Guest

Can I buy a physical game and install on my normal Xbox one and the download the game on my...

Okay, so I have two Xbox One consoles. One is the standard with a physical drive and the other a digital edition.

There are a number of older games that I can purchase as a physical copy for a few £ but will cost upwards of £8-9 for a digital download so I wondered if I owned and installed the game on one Xbox if I would be able to download the game on the digital edition?

:)

mundstick, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Can I buy a physical game and install on my normal Xbox one and the download the game on my digital console??

No. Owning the disc version doesn't give a digital license.
  3. Athavariel-38B05112- Win User

Buy Games on Smarglass / no Preload on Xbox One.

But why can i buy the games on smartglass with my Gamertag on Switzerland?

The real Problem is no Preload in Switzerland, then Sunset Overdrive and CoD Advanced Warfare will be avaiable at Launch in Switzerland.

But why let Microsoft people in Switzerland dont preload the Games?

I can set my Xbox One on Austria and Download the Games with my Switzerland Gamertag, but this should not be normal. Normal should be Preload my Games on Xbox One with setting Switzerland.
  4. DeweyWest Win User

I cannot purchase backwards compatible games.

Hello, and on games of this generation, you can buy them normally?
    Yes. I can buy Xbox One games normally, and I haven’t had issues downloading 360 games from Games With Gold either.
  5. RocNrolla Win User

Prices on the Store Suck!

Digital is excellent for my options but they should be cheaper than physical. With two XboxOnes in my household and Home Gold...and Family feature, I only need to buy one digital copy of the game. Download on both Xbox's and my kids can play the same game
    I'm playing at the same time on both consoles...Offline or online..... so in essence i'm getting two games for the price of one. Can't do this with physical copies of the game.
  6. bowski477 Win User

Lemme get your opinion on something guys...

Unless it's on sale on the marketplace I buy physical. My internet is too slow for me at wait for a full game download. With physical I can download it while offline and start playing a lot faster.
Thema:

1. Can I buy a physical game and install on my normal Xbox one and the download the game on my... - Similar Threads - buy physical game

2. Can I use Xbox Reward Points to buy physical stuff?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can I use Xbox Reward Points to buy physical stuff?: I never turn in my points for any thing yet and seen headphones in the Xbox store that Im think on getting. Can I use the points on gift cards and use them to buy headphone?...
  3. Can I use Xbox Reward Points to buy physical stuff?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can I use Xbox Reward Points to buy physical stuff?: I never turn in my points for any thing yet and seen headphones in the Xbox store that Im think on getting. Can I use the points on gift cards and use them to buy headphone?...
  4. Gamepass is awesome, but please do not forget players who like to buy physical games

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepass is awesome, but please do not forget players who like to buy physical games: I am a gamepass subscriber but I still prefer to buy my games in physical edition. I want to ask the xbox team to make the console more friendly for those who use physical copies. I don't really...
  5. If I have a game downloaded digitally on my Xbox One and then go and buy a physical...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I have a game downloaded digitally on my Xbox One and then go and buy a physical...: I'm playing The Master Chief collection on Game Pass at the moment and I absolutely love it. I enjoy it to the point where I want to own it physically. I was just wondering if I went out and...
  6. If I buy the physical disc of a game that has been removed from the Xbox store, can I still...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy the physical disc of a game that has been removed from the Xbox store, can I still...: I wanted to know since I noticed three of the games I wanted are removed from the store; WWE 2K15, WWE 2K16 & WWE 2K17. I know their old but I enjoyed the games back when I owned disc games. I was...
  7. Can you buy a physical copy of a game for Xbox1 and download a addon for it on the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you buy a physical copy of a game for Xbox1 and download a addon for it on the...: I'm currently trying to get an addon for a game I bought on Amazon as a physical copy but it won't go through. Not sure if this is the problem or it s something else. I have contacted support and...
  8. How do I know if I'm buying digital or physical games for xbox in Windows Store on a pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I know if I'm buying digital or physical games for xbox in Windows Store on a pc?: So on the actual Xbox, clearly if I pre order a game I know its a digital version. When I am shopping for XBOX games on a pc through windows store how do I know what I am getting? Digital or...
  9. Do I have to buy an Xbox 360 game on xbox one if I already have the physical 360 game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I have to buy an Xbox 360 game on xbox one if I already have the physical 360 game?: I have the physical copy of Portal 2 for Xbox 360 and I want to play it on my Xbox one, do I have to buy the game on my Xbox one again to play it? Someone help please....
  10. If I buy a physical Disc of a game, can I download it on xbox games on demand afterwards?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy a physical Disc of a game, can I download it on xbox games on demand afterwards?: I've been having some trouble with GTA V. "Problem with storage device" error in Grand Theft Auto V for Xbox 360 - Rockstar Games Customer Support This problem to be more specific. I've tried...