Can I buy an extended warranty through microsoft if I bought the console at another retailer

Discus and support Can I buy an extended warranty through microsoft if I bought the console at another retailer in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can I buy an extended warranty through microsoft if I bought the console at another retailer 0ce5d6d2-4d48-46e7-9fd2-4f6f04609779 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dougd2zs, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Dougd2zs
    Dougd2zs Guest

Can I buy an extended warranty through microsoft if I bought the console at another retailer

:)

Dougd2zs, Jan 13, 2021
  2. CashCool1 Win User

B.S. WARRANTY

sorry about that but it is always suggested that you purchase a extended warranty from either microsoft or from the retail store that the console is bought from.
  3. THE PRIS0NER Win User

Xbox warranty ?

I'm assuming it will be your standard 90days. Unless you buy it through a retail chain that offers an extended warranty.
  4. SparkStormrider Win User

xbox and mircosoft are crooks

First of all xbox and microsoft are one and the same. Also just like everything else else you buy (PS3 included), there is a warranty period, after that time elapses then you need to pay to have it fixed. Also you had the opportunity to buy the extended
    warranty when you got your 360, even if it was a gift. Usually you can show the receipt to the retailer and they'll setup an extended warranty for you.

Also when the RROD happened on the older systems they extended the warranty of those consoles, so I hardly call them being crooks in that perspective.
  5. Nighthawk_81 Win User

Can I purchase a warranty from Microsoft if I pre ordered the Xbox Series X in-person at GameStop?

I was able to pre-order the Xbox Series X in person at GameStop. I paid in full already but I didn't opt to buy the warranty. Was wondering if Microsoft has a stock warranty and if I can buy an extended warranty from Microsoft as well.
    I contacted Microsoft about this as well, they told me that i could purchase their extended warranty within 45 days of purchase. I did order my console from their store, but I am pretty sure that once you register the console with your Xbox account, and
    then sign into the Xbox site, there should be an option to extend the warranty.

The Microsoft warranty is actually really affordable, and worth it in my opinion, and i never buy warranties.
  6. J.Q.1 Win User

Elite Series 2 controller not working properly.

About extended warranty. I bought mine at Best Buy. They have their warranty but I was never offered an extended warranty from Microsoft nor did I know about it. I'm so disappointed. I really feel let down by this company.
Thema:

1. Can I buy an extended warranty through microsoft if I bought the console at another retailer - Similar Threads - buy extended warranty

2. Some games wont install to my series x after i buy them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some games wont install to my series x after i buy them: Some game i have bought and some that are free wont install. Fortnite. Tom clancy break point south park fracturebutwhole resident evil 5 uno just to name a few. I restarted my xbox a lot i have a...
  3. Buying Add Ons for a Discontinued Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying Add Ons for a Discontinued Game: So i recently bought Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan, a game shortly after its release got pulled, but luckily physical copies still got made, allowing people to still play it...
  4. Can't install Minecraft after buying it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Minecraft after buying it: Hi. I've bought Minecraft for my kid's laptop from the MS store. I've had the receipt email and the relevant page says "you own this". But clicking on the install button brings up a message saying...
  5. Unable to register Elite 2 controller- want to buy extended warranty - want to talk to an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to register Elite 2 controller- want to buy extended warranty - want to talk to an...: So I recently bought an Elite series 2 controller a little over 3 weeks ago now..and there is already significant drift in the right stick. I am looking to send it back for a replacement, and also...
  6. Trying to buy/extend pc game pass but getting error...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to buy/extend pc game pass but getting error...: hi I have xbox game pass ultimate (£1 for 3 months offer) and it runs out soon on 24 feb I am trying to extend it but change to £3.99 a month - pc game pass I get this error.... Oops! This...
  7. Can I extend Game Pass Ultimate by Buying More Live Time?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I extend Game Pass Ultimate by Buying More Live Time?: My Game Pass Ultimate expires tomorrow and I would like to extend it by getting more Live time if this is possible. I have read about how you can buy Live time first and then subscribe Game Pass...
  8. Did you buy an extended warranty for your Xbox One? If so from whom?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did you buy an extended warranty for your Xbox One? If so from whom?: Did you buy an extended warranty? If so did you buy Microsofts or a retailers warranty? Why did or didn't you buy one? Cheers 1b5d5280-c618-407b-97ad-3baf2b442b93
  9. Have you been charged 23% instead of the usual 20% VAT in the UK when buying the ESP (Extended ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have you been charged 23% instead of the usual 20% VAT in the UK when buying the ESP (Extended ...: Good news if you have - please read on Good news on this one after I made it aware to Amtrust (provider of cover) I first contacted the Financial Ombudsmen who told me to contact FCA Then I called...
  10. Have you been charged 23% instead of the usual 20% VAT in the UK when buying the ESP (Extended ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have you been charged 23% instead of the usual 20% VAT in the UK when buying the ESP (Extended ...: Good news if you have - please read on Good news on this one after I made it aware to Amtrust (provider of cover) I first contacted the Financial Ombudsmen who told me to contact FCA Then I...