Can i buy and play a dlc without owning the game but having gamepass?

Discus and support Can i buy and play a dlc without owning the game but having gamepass? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I finally finished monster hunter world on my xbox and i really really enjoyed it so im thinking about buying the iceborn dlc. However i don't own... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by UnlivedDisc03, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Can i buy and play a dlc without owning the game but having gamepass?

I finally finished monster hunter world on my xbox and i really really enjoyed it so im thinking about buying the iceborn dlc. However i don't own monster hunter world and have been playing it through xbox gamepass. If i were to buy just iceborne would i be able to play it as long as i have the gamepass and don't own mhw? If you have done this or are an xbox staff who knows the answer it would mean alot to me if you could answer Can i buy and play a dlc without owning the game but having gamepass? :)

:)

UnlivedDisc03, Mar 21, 2021
  2. NewBlacksmurf Win User

About my 360 cloud save

you first have to be under your profile and not his. If you own the game digitally under your gamertag,you have to download the game and all dlc first. Then you can pull your save from the cloud and play.

If you're on his system and he has a disc or the game without the dlc, you still have to download all the dlc digitally. If your dlc was only on a disc, you'll need to either buy it again or create a new game without dlc.
  3. skys7 Win User

Hey I'm Cooperstar21 (Cfm21)

Cold Stream is a DLC, you don´t have to buy it to play Left4Dead 2 online.

If you wanna join a person who is playing that DLC, you would need the DLC.

Other then that you can play the game online without downloading the DLC.
  4. Peter R Fleming Win User

Dlc kingdom of amalur Xbox 360

The company that made the game has gone bankrupt and ceased trading. You can no longer buy the game or its DLCs, if you already own it you can still play and download the game and DLCs you own.

The rights to the game have been sold to THQ Nordic and they are re-releasing it with all DLCs and upgraded graphics in August this year (2020).
  5. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Can i buy a dlc from i game i own from gamepass and play it without buying the full game?

Correct, which is why I said "lose access" lol. I suppose I could have been more descriptive. :)
  6. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Can i buy a dlc from i game i own from gamepass and play it without buying the full game?

Yes, if you purchase GamePass or the game itself, you will regain access to your previous purchased DLC for that game.
Thema:

Can i buy and play a dlc without owning the game but having gamepass?

1. Can i buy and play a dlc without owning the game but having gamepass? - Similar Threads - buy play dlc

2. Call of duty telling me i have to buy the game to play but i have bought it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty telling me i have to buy the game to play but i have bought it: Ive uninstalled and reinstalled it already along with rebooted it and everything else. Ive had the game for months and play every day without any major issues. I have a screenshot of what happens...
  3. WANTS ME TO BUY GAME AGAIN EVEN NO I OWN AN HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR WEEKS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WANTS ME TO BUY GAME AGAIN EVEN NO I OWN AN HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR WEEKS: Please Help ...... I brought cod coldwar Ultimate edition for xbox one (digital dwnload) over a week ago now an its been workin fine its in my purchhase history it sayys i own it but for what ever...
  4. Can I buy Call Of Duty Modern Warfare for XBox and play on Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I buy Call Of Duty Modern Warfare for XBox and play on Windows 10: I know that it is possible to play Minecraft (specifically bedrock edition) on both Windows 10 and Xbox, but if I buy COD MW for Xbox, but on my pc directly from the Microsoft store app, can I...
  5. Will I be able to play Splinter cell chaos theory if I buy it from the marketplace for Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to play Splinter cell chaos theory if I buy it from the marketplace for Xbox...: The description says the game works for xbox 360 but the sytem requirments only mention xbox one 83e19906-8d79-4a34-b59a-337fe451aec9
  6. If I buy a Xbox 360 game on the Microsoft Store, will I be able to play it on my 360 console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy a Xbox 360 game on the Microsoft Store, will I be able to play it on my 360 console?: I know I can buy Xbox 360 games through the Xbox Marketplace (https://marketplace.xbox.com/pt-BR/Product/Castlevania-Symphony-of-the-Night/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410847) or the Microsoft...
  7. I can’t play Cold War after buying it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play Cold War after buying it: I have deleted cold war multipule times and its still does not work now and i cant even load in before it says i need to pay another 60 bucks 836c1599-ac33-4d10-98a2-64940342fe2e
  8. Buying Xbox 360 DLC on a standalone Xbox 360 and playing it through Xbox 360 emulation on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying Xbox 360 DLC on a standalone Xbox 360 and playing it through Xbox 360 emulation on...: I recently found out that buying certain Xbox 360 DLC is not possible though the Xbox One. With this in mind, if I were to buy the Xbox 360 DLC content on a standalone Xbox 360, would I be able...
  9. Can I buy a DLC in a secondary account and play it on my main account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I buy a DLC in a secondary account and play it on my main account?: hello everyone. Some months ago I bought 2 games on a secondary xbox account, but i can play them on my main account because it is the same xbox. Can I do the same with DLCs? I want to buy an...
  10. Dark Souls 1 - Can you buy the DLC to play it on Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dark Souls 1 - Can you buy the DLC to play it on Xbox One?: Hi, I only own the Dark Souls Version without the DLC. Is it possible to buy the DLC in the store and download it on Xbox One? 763009c7-ffd8-45f4-8215-ce4e6e872b0e