Can I change my xbox profile to a different Microsoft account?

Discus and support Can I change my xbox profile to a different Microsoft account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was real young when my parents got me a xbox 360 so my mom decided to put my account on her microsoft account. Now that im older, in general, I want... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MrDude360, Jul 9, 2019.

1. MrDude360
    MrDude360 Guest

I was real young when my parents got me a xbox 360 so my mom decided to put my account on her microsoft account. Now that im older, in general, I want to have my profile on my own account and, my Moms microsoft account has my xbox profile plastered all
    over it which doesnt look good when shes trying to get new products. I was wondering if theres any way to switch my profile to a diffrent microsoft account?

:)

MrDude360, Jul 9, 2019
  2. AridLizard Win User

3. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello MrDude,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. Unfortunately, there is no way to move an Xbox profile from one Microsoft account to another. This is by design.

Creating a new account is an alternative however, you would be starting from scratch with Xbox. You would not be able to transfer over the games, licenses or friends list etc...

If your mom creates a new account, she would lose her email If it is a Microsoft domain email (MSN, Live, Outlook, Hotmail) along with any licenses subscriptions, email history and drafts.
  4. DangerousBard Win User

Account management

5. H3PA80R Win User

Changing my xbox account to a different microsoft profile?

You could only change the mail which is tied to your account. There is no option to transfer games, subscriptions or gamerscore to another account.
  6. onyxishere Win User

xbox360 profile recovery

Thema:

1. Can I change my xbox profile to a different Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - change profile different

2. Change email associate to Xbox profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email associate to Xbox profile: Hi, I want move my Xbox profile to a new email address, but the old method with a Xbox 360 setting not work. I read about method with Microsoft account alias but I not want change my primary...
  3. Can’t change profile picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t change profile picture: I can’t change my profile picture on my PC, xbox app or on console. I keep getting an error message saying “Sorry we can’t upload that picture at the moment. Try again later.”, I have been having...
  4. How do I change my Microsoft account ownership of my Xbox profile?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my Microsoft account ownership of my Xbox profile?: Hello everyone! After a good bit of searching, I still haven't found a way to change the Microsoft account that owns my Xbox profile. This is the situation: I have been playing Xbox since 2011...
  5. why cant i change profile picture?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i change profile picture?: why cant i change my profile picture on the xbox app and so on? i want a custom profile picture but there is no button i can press so i can choose my own. please help me :)...
  6. hi there i need help changing my xbox profile many thanks

in XBoX on Consoles
    hi there i need help changing my xbox profile many thanks: btw way im starting a new clan welcom and only OCE players thx if u want to join it add961ab-ad01-4f17-bd98-2d9c77c40e3e
  7. Xbox Live Account - Changing profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Account - Changing profile: Hi there - My son has been using an Xbox Live account set up by me with my email address to play Minecraft for the last few years. I want to set up a Family account on his newly-purchased Xbox...
  8. How to change locked region/country info on you profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change locked region/country info on you profile?: For some reason my Microsoft profile info displays a wrong country/ region and when I try to edit it, it is the only field that is locked. I can edit all other fields except this. It is set to...
  9. Changing my xbox account to a different microsoft profile?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing my xbox account to a different microsoft profile?: Back when my family first connected our xbox 360 to xbox live my dad connected my xbox profile to his Microsoft account. A number of years down the road this has been something of an inconvenience...
  10. When I change my xbox profile to a different email, will my gold subscription still be on my ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I change my xbox profile to a different email, will my gold subscription still be on my ...: So I found out today that I can change the email associated with my xbox 360 account......30 minutes after I used a code for 3 months of gold, so I was wondering, if I did change the email to a...