Can I connect an xbox one controller to my android smartphone using a micro usb to usb c cable

Discus and support Can I connect an xbox one controller to my android smartphone using a micro usb to usb c cable in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Is it possible to use a micro usb to usb c adapter cord to connect an xbox one controller to my samsung galaxy a20? e8934d5e-714b-45df-bc65-70a1b818479d Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by OWO2299, Jul 19, 2021.

1. OWO2299
    OWO2299 Guest

Can I connect an xbox one controller to my android smartphone using a micro usb to usb c cable

Is it possible to use a micro usb to usb c adapter cord to connect an xbox one controller to my samsung galaxy a20?

:)

OWO2299, Jul 19, 2021
  2. FearedNightmare Win User

XBox One controller not working on my PC

Have you tried connecting the controller via a Micro-USB cable to see if that works ? Micro USB cables are often provided as charging cables for smartphones like Windowsphone and Android devices.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox play & charge cable for my phone?

The cable from the Xbox One Play & Charge kit is a standard MICRO USB cable (not USB-C).

The cable itself can't be too powerful. It's the host device that "puts the power into the cable".

But I can assure you: I have charged my phone, my controller and my power bank with that cable without any issues.

Just beware that your phone has to have a Micro USB connection. If your phone has a USB-C connection, you will need a different cable.
  4. ColoradoMade27 Win User

Controller won't sync to my xbox

Using a USB cable to connect-

Connect your controller using a micro-USB cable (included with all standard Xbox One wireless controllers and the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit). Standard alkaline batteries won’t be used to power the controller functions while you’re using your controller
    as a wired controller.

If you’re using an Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 or Xbox Adaptive Controller, connect your controller using a USB-C cable (included with both controllers).

Depending on the type of controller you have, plug the micro-USB or USB-C cable into the power port on the back of the controller then plug the other end of the cable into your Xbox One. More details can be found
    here on connecting your wireless controller to Xbox consoles: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-a-wireless-controller
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Trying to find a longer cord for the plug and play kit.

The Xbox One controller uses a standard micro-USB cable when you wire it to the console. This is the same kind of cable that, for example, many Android phones use.

Consider getting a USB extension cable with the cord you already have. Single USB cords can be 3-5 meters in length before the electrical signal degrades, but it can be repeated with an extension cable.

Also consider this: if there are power outlets closer to where you sit, you can actually plug your Xbox controller into a smartphone charger and let it charge from there. Typical 5V/1A smartphone chargers will charge the controller fine.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Rare problem with new xbox one controller

If the Sync button is not working, simply get a standard Micro USB cable, and connect your controller with the console.

Every controller you connect to a console via Micro USB gets automatically bound to that console.

Just be aware, that you need to use a Micro USB data cable. Some Smartphone charging cables with Micro USB connector only have power but no data lines connected (to save money). So a phone charging cable might not work.

With your controller connected, launch the Xbox Accessories App, and check if the controller firmware is up to date.

After you made sure the controller is up to date, and works with the USB cable, you can then disconnect the cable, and the controller should work wirelessly.
Thema:

1. Can I connect an xbox one controller to my android smartphone using a micro usb to usb c cable - Similar Threads - connect controller android

2. How to connect a wired windows 10 or xbox one controller to android

in XBoX on Mobile
    How to connect a wired windows 10 or xbox one controller to android: i have a wired controller lying around and i want to see if it works on android. I tried connecting via USB but didn't work but i think it should because controllers had been used on my device...
  3. Broken controls with USB-connected controller on Android

in XboX Insiders
    Broken controls with USB-connected controller on Android: Hey all, So I wanted to try out remote play, however the wireless controller I had did not have BT and I had another wired controller. I wasn't very keen on spending 60€ on a BT controller so I...
  4. How to I get rid of the "bypass" toast when connecting xbox one controller to Android phone?

in XboX Insiders
    How to I get rid of the "bypass" toast when connecting xbox one controller to Android phone?: I have connected my xbox one controller to my G8X ThiQ to use with steam link and every time I click a button except the triggers and using joystick, pressing the joystick makes it come up, it...
  5. Xbox wireless controller will not connect to my android phone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox wireless controller will not connect to my android phone: I have a brand new oneplus nord n100 and everytime i try and connect my controller up, it gives me the pin and passcode error that everyone sees. I have seen methods to get around that but then i...
  6. Xbox Controller home button stopped working once I connected to android device

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Controller home button stopped working once I connected to android device: Hi, I recently began using the streaming app to play on my phone. for the most part; works great. however, the home button of the controller connected to my phone has stopped working. I can...
  7. Xcloud gaming controller usb c type connection + headphones jack for Android phones

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xcloud gaming controller usb c type connection + headphones jack for Android phones: Hi everyone. I’m completly new to both the android and xbox scenes. I’ve been looking for a good controller that is compatible with my One plus 8 pro so I can stream and play xcloud games on my...
  8. Can't connect my xbox one controller to my android phone

in XboX Insiders
    Can't connect my xbox one controller to my android phone: I am trying to connect an xbox one controller (no bluetooth) to my phone (sumsung a70) to play games on my phone using the controller(like minecraft and maybe genshin impact) however after i try...
  9. Can I connect my xbox wireless (non Bluetooth) 2013 controller to my android via cable?

in XboX Insiders
    Can I connect my xbox wireless (non Bluetooth) 2013 controller to my android via cable?: Hi guys, I have ultimate and wanted to check out the xcloud game service but unfortunately i have the old xbox controllers from 2013 which don't support Bluetooth so i thought i could buy a micro...
  10. Is there a way to connect Xbox controller wired to Android phone ?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to connect Xbox controller wired to Android phone ?: I have the old Xbox one controller (Model number 1537 Image it's a windows version "Microsoft xbox one pad" what it is called, but not sure), is there a way to connect it wired to my Android...