Can I control Xbox child account settings if they use an iPad and the Xbox app for iOS?

Discus and support Can I control Xbox child account settings if they use an iPad and the Xbox app for iOS? in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I recently set up a child account for my son. He uses the Xbox app on his iPad to chat to his friends at school, but recently I set up a child account... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by techexpert25, Feb 10, 2020.

1. techexpert25
    techexpert25 Guest

Can I control Xbox child account settings if they use an iPad and the Xbox app for iOS?

I recently set up a child account for my son. He uses the Xbox app on his iPad to chat to his friends at school, but recently I set up a child account and now he can’t add any friends. On the Xbox Family website it only gives you the option to control
    Xbox and Windows 10 devices. Is there any way to control permissions for a child account that’s only used with an iPad?

:)

techexpert25, Feb 10, 2020
  2. techexpert25 Win User

As far as I know, for this particular problem, IOS isn't supported.

Sorry it's not better news.

Hopefully someone knows a way for this but I don't think there is.
    OK, but I’ll just have to keep researching and maybe complain to Microsoft about it.
  3. mareledanut Win User

Hi,

you may get your answer by contacting
    Microsoft Support
    but as far as i know iOS is not supported.
  4. RAGINGDIDDY Win User

As far as I know, for this particular problem, IOS isn't supported.

Sorry it's not better news.

Hopefully someone knows a way for this but I don't think there is.
  5. AndrewBocanegra Win User

"Profile Not Allowed to Play on Xbox Live"

Since you are on a family Gold account, you will have to go to Parental Controls and set the controls to allow Xbox LIVE play on your child accounts.

-

You can use this
    Xbox Parental Control Helper
    to set the child accounts to allow Xbox LIVE.

-

Here is the section that will help you with allowing access to LIVE:

Change your child’s safety and privacy settings

1. Sign in to Xbox LIVE using an adult account.
    2. Go to Settings, and then select Family.
    3. Select the child account that you want to manage.
    4. Go to Online Safety, and then select Change Settings.
    5. Change the settings to whatever you’d like.
    6. To exit, press the B button on your controller, and then select Save and Exit.
    -

I hope this helped. :)
  6. jawest78 Win User

downloading M content

Meisun is not correct.

Child accounts cannot download M or RP content that is free as that is considered advertising. However, child accounts CAN purchase M and RP content if your parental settings allow it. The parental account attached to your child account can manage these
    settings.

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control
Thema:

1. Can I control Xbox child account settings if they use an iPad and the Xbox app for iOS? - Similar Threads - control child account

2. Two adults (parent control) and one child - possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Two adults (parent control) and one child - possible?: My son's child xbox account was set up with my partner's email as the approver for games, purchases etc. Can we add my account so that I too can approve his games, purchases etc? I guess the...
  3. Parent control and child email

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Parent control and child email: My son's fortnite gamertag was set up under my (parent) email address. I need to change it to an email of his own so I can use the parent controls in microsoft. He currently has links to my paypal...
  4. Creating a child account to make use of the Parent controls, but what about all the purchases

in XBoX on Consoles
    Creating a child account to make use of the Parent controls, but what about all the purchases: Hi everyone, I need some assistance, please. So I am a parent of a 10-year-old gamer. I want to set up some additional control on our XBOX console at home, but he has been playing for some time...
  5. How to change my adult account to a child account and set up XBOX ONE timer controls?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change my adult account to a child account and set up XBOX ONE timer controls?: I am adult with an XBOX account that is a number of years old with XBOX live and an user (Dingies). My user (Dingies) is mostly used by my child. I want to set the account as a family account and...
  6. Childs gamertag not showing in XBOX parental control settings on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Childs gamertag not showing in XBOX parental control settings on PC: My childs gamertag is unavailable when I try to change security settings. Both my sons are registered and can be seen normally in Microsoft Family Settings. But when going to XBOX.com to change...
  7. Parental Controls - Can you link Xbox One device to Windows 10 Family to control child's ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parental Controls - Can you link Xbox One device to Windows 10 Family to control child's ...: Hi, I am trying to find out how to set times and allowances/preferences for my son's Xbox One Activity. Logically, I hoped I could add a new device to the Family in Microsoft account | Your...
  8. Wireless child size controller...???? When????

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless child size controller...???? When????: When will a wireless child controller be released... or allow third party to make??? Whoever the brainiack that thought it would be best to give a child a wired controller obviously does not...
  9. Child sized Xbox One wireless controller????

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child sized Xbox One wireless controller????: My son needs a smaller controller to play his Skylanders games... why wont Microsoft let Madcatz or any of the others make these if you are not going to??? Ihave been waiing since getting the...
  10. [Bug]Parental controls not locking to active (child) player

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Bug]Parental controls not locking to active (child) player: I have two xboxes, the home and away xboxes are flipped so that I can use family sharing and we can all play all of the games regardless of where we are at the time. When my kids try to play...