Can I convert my USB to an Xbox 360 hard drive? Tryna play Destiny without buying a a hard...

Discus and support Can I convert my USB to an Xbox 360 hard drive? Tryna play Destiny without buying a a hard... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I want to play Destiny on my Xbox 360 but it tells me that it requires an Xbox 360 hard drive to play. I have tried formatting my usb, but the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KennyK2, May 15, 2019.

1. KennyK2
    KennyK2 Guest

Can I convert my USB to an Xbox 360 hard drive? Tryna play Destiny without buying a a hard...

I want to play Destiny on my Xbox 360 but it tells me that it requires an Xbox 360 hard drive to play. I have tried formatting my usb, but the configure now or customize never show up. I have used the ‘format’ as I suppose that replaced the configure button
    in some update but it still doesn’t work.

:)

KennyK2, May 15, 2019
  2. ngocphi Win User

Can I convert my USB to an Xbox 360 hard drive? Tryna play Destiny without buying a a hard drive

Nope requires an xbox original hd same with any game that requiees actual xbox HD

USB is only meant for storage

Not replacing system requirements

This includes games like final fantasy 11

Halo odst etc etc

Usb HD nor usb drivez have the nessary system files needed
  3. blueamcat Win User

Can I convert my USB to an Xbox 360 hard drive? Tryna play Destiny without buying a a hard drive

4. Alucario Ultra Win User

Yes, you can. You may want to use a 3.0 USB with more than 16gb.

Don´t worry, just stick into your usb dongle, agree with everything, and you are ready to go :D
  5. Nemesis121804 Win User

Error: must have Xbox 360 hard drive to play Destiny

Its not an issue with the hard drive, its the fact that it is usb. Destiny is looking for a hard drive and the Xbox 360 is not setup to recognize USB Hard Drives as actual hard drive just as USB storage. I would assume Destiny wants a hard drive due to transfer
    speeds, a hard drive would be faster than something on the the USB port on the 360. There are other 360 games that will not load to a USB connected device as well. You could get an older and cheaper hard drive(I assume you have one of the new models with internal
    hard drives because of the price you quoted). I use an old 120GB hard drive with my S model 360. It is not hard to do but I am not sure if I could post how to do that on these forums but it is something to look into.
  6. xSINsanityx Win User

External USB HD w/ Ethernet for Xbox 360

Not even close. I think what I described is pretty clear. I want the USB Hard Drive always plugged in (via USB) to my Xbox 360. This hard drive will also have an Ethernet connection which will be plugged into my home network. This way, I can transfer
    files over the network to the Hard Drive without ever having to unplug or move it from where it is located, which would be plugged into my Xbox 360.
Thema:

1. Can I convert my USB to an Xbox 360 hard drive? Tryna play Destiny without buying a a hard... - Similar Threads - convert USB 360

2. Keyboard and Mouse Converters and Microsofts View

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keyboard and Mouse Converters and Microsofts View: So for disclosure, I am asking this question to anyone. With the mass amount of people using converters in multiplayer games, especially competitive ones, has anyone been banned using one of...
  3. Problems converting to Ultimate...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Problems converting to Ultimate...: Hi, maybe someone has the same problem and I don't know what to do...I'm trying to convert to ultimate since Monday. [img] Every time I get this code. Whats the problem... Pls help...
  4. Convert the regular Gamepass for console to the Gamepass for Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Convert the regular Gamepass for console to the Gamepass for Windows 10: How, I subscribed to the regular gamepass to access Sea of Thieves, Forza, and Crackdown (and future upcoming games) 6 months ago. I bought a full year subscription. The problem is, I'm a PC...
  5. Can convert Xbox game pass (xbox) to game pass (pc)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can convert Xbox game pass (xbox) to game pass (pc): hello, I paid xbox game pass in may for Sea of Thieves (PC) but i want change for game pass pc for play other game I think that it is possible because the game pass is more expensive...
  6. Minecraft converting DLC and Maps fork Xbox 360 to Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft converting DLC and Maps fork Xbox 360 to Xbox One: So I recently bought minecraft for the Xbox one and my DLC and Maps didn't convert. I already did the thing on Xbox 360 to upload them but they still didn't show up on Xbox one. If someone has a...
  7. Converting Captures to my computer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Converting Captures to my computer: I'm trying to upload captures from my xbox one to a USB or straight to my mac, is this possible? How can I get the captures onto my mac? ace77cdc-7e61-4ba5-b355-a49866138428
  8. Xbox One mouse and keyboard converters

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One mouse and keyboard converters: I’ve recently been looking for a way to play games like Apex Legends or FarCry: New Dawn with my mouse and keyboard. Sadly, all I’ve found were some converters from nowhere, that get tons of...
  9. Game data from USB won't convert to the new USB layout?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data from USB won't convert to the new USB layout?: One day I came home to my brothers telling me that all my data on my USB is gone so I check and the xbox shows nothing. I plugged it in my computer and showed hidden files and there was the...
  10. Best Kinect 1.0 (360) to USB converter (for long cable runs) or extension cable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best Kinect 1.0 (360) to USB converter (for long cable runs) or extension cable?: My Xbox 360e is in component closet opposite the location of where the Kinect 1.0 needs to go. The cable run will be around 30-40'. Thanks. ce0f4242-d3dc-4ea7-b7be-a4579559a531