Can I download previously purchased games on a different Xbox One?

Discus and support Can I download previously purchased games on a different Xbox One? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't know much about Xbox. A family member used to have an Xbox One but an old friend "borrowed" it and never... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by relientkatie, Jun 10, 2021.

1. relientkatie
    relientkatie Guest

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't know much about Xbox. A family member used to have an Xbox One but an old friend "borrowed" it and never gave it back. I wanted to get him a replacement one as a gift but I wanted to make sure that he would be able to re-download previously purchased digital games that he has on his account. Thanks for the help!

:)

relientkatie, Jun 10, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

No need to apologize for your question, we are all learning here! Absolutely yes! You can definitely download and play games on another console as long as you have access to the account that purchased them.

For extra precaution, sign with the account into Microsoft account | Devices to remove it from any other console so that the person gaming on the new console is 100 percept sure their account is not being used on any other suspicious console.

Let me know if this was helpful!
  3. jawest78 Win User

I can not download a game previously purchased

As a general rule, it's best to not bump threads that are this old...

That said, if there is a discrepancy between your purchase history and your download history (make sure that the gamertag is the same), you will need to contact MS support directly. It is not something that can be resolved on the forums.

support.xbox.com/.../contact-us
  4. HassanB Win User

Hi,

Please go to your download history and look for the game in there. You can do so by going to Settings > Account > Download History.

Note: You can only re-download content that you've purchased from the account you're logged in under. If you don't see the game under your download history, then it would mean that you did not purchase it using this account.
  5. DJ Influx Win User

Not true. I just bought DBX. Shows up on account that I paid. Got an email as well. The game does not show up on my download history.
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Purchased and previously Downloaded games not downloading.

Hey, Dan. Since this issue is having to do with your connecting to a community wireless, I've moved you over to our connection forums. Our community here should be able to help you out better than in the downloading forums.

Please check out
    this thread here and post up the items in the bold. It will help our community Ambassadors and your fellow gamers to help pin point what is going on. :)
Thema:

1. Can I download previously purchased games on a different Xbox One? - Similar Threads - download previously purchased

2. Cannot download previous Gamestop digital purchases onto new Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download previous Gamestop digital purchases onto new Xbox One S: So a year ago I sold my Xbox One X after factory resetting it and recently decided to purchase a Xbox One S. I am unable to download any games that I bought at Gamestop as digital. They show in my...
  3. XO: Unable to Download Previously Purchased DLC- Alien Isolation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XO: Unable to Download Previously Purchased DLC- Alien Isolation: I bought all the DLC for Alien Isolation for my Xbox One S several years ago when I had it on disc. Now one my One X I downloaded the Gamepass version and when I go to the Store to redownload the...
  4. Previously Purchased Copy of State of Decay 2 Missing from Downloads and Order History

in XBoX on Windows
    Previously Purchased Copy of State of Decay 2 Missing from Downloads and Order History: I had a previously pre-ordered and downloaded a copy of State of Decay 2 on the Microsoft Store in 2018. I still have the order confirmation email. I cannot find this copy anymore in my previous...
  5. I can't re-download a game that I've previously purchased

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't re-download a game that I've previously purchased: On March 20th 2018 I purchased Sea of Thieves on the Xbox Companion App on my computer. I have achievements from that day and I have a bank statement open on another tab that's proof that I bought...
  6. New Xbox console - how to download a previously purchased game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Xbox console - how to download a previously purchased game: When we had the Xbox One, we purchased the Fortnite - Standard Founders Pack for my son to play. We no longer have the Xbox One but have the One S. He wants to start playing [Save the World]...
  7. I cant download DLC I previously purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant download DLC I previously purchased: Bo2 became backwards compatible on xbox one. I have been trying to download my dlc that I purchased for the game previously on xbox 360. The dlc I bought were the first 3 map packs and some camo...
  8. XBOX ONE: Can't download Fable 3 DLC...even tho I previously purchased it?!?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX ONE: Can't download Fable 3 DLC...even tho I previously purchased it?!?: Hey guys, I just have a question regarding DLC for Fable 3. It just became available to play on xbox one as part of backwards compatibility and with it, of course, came all the DLC. I'm able to...
  9. Unable to re-download previously purchased games to Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to re-download previously purchased games to Xbox 360: When I select a game from download history, the download page opens but then closes immediately. The same happens if I select from the marketplace. I also have an Xbox One and am wondering if the...
  10. I can't redownload previously purchased or downloaded games back onto my 360.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't redownload previously purchased or downloaded games back onto my 360.: Everytime I select a game to redownload it always closes the window that asks if you want to redownload it before it even fully loads. I have tested to see if that happens with every game and...