Can I gift a digital game that I purchased through my account but was meant to be installed...

Discus and support Can I gift a digital game that I purchased through my account but was meant to be installed... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a game, "minecraft", and I wanted to install it on my son's xbox account, but I was logged into my own account when I bought it and now it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PabloRodriguez1978, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Can I gift a digital game that I purchased through my account but was meant to be installed...

I bought a game, "minecraft", and I wanted to install it on my son's xbox account, but I was logged into my own account when I bought it and now it seems that I can't give it away once bought, instead the xbox app gives me the option to buy it again as a gift. The issue is that I don't want to play it and I don't want it on my own account. Is there any solution? Thanks

:)

PabloRodriguez1978, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Can I gift a digital game that I purchased through my account but was meant to be installed on my child's account?

3. VindRaider Win User

Xbox play anywhere HELP!

Sorry, PlayAnywhere only works with digital purchases. Digital purchases are tied to a specific account which was used to buy it in the first place, hence you can't gift them like physical games. If you meant game sharing a digital purchase over multiple
    accounts on a single family console, then I am afraid it would not be PlayAnywhere for accounts other than the one which was used to purchase the game digitally. Hope this helps.

For more information: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere
  4. iV L3G3NDz T1M Win User

Microsoft Account

5. XBF Brad A Win User

Microsoft/Xbox Gift Cards

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for coming to the forums. You can basically gift a game that your child wants. For example, he wants a certain game, instead of purchasing it directly on their account. You can purchase it as a gift on your account and it gets sent to your child account.
    Here is a guide for
    help on giving digital gifts

Thanks,

Brad
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Send money from an account to another.

Hey there DeividBarrientos,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums, unfortunately transferring money from account to account is not possible. If there is something that you are attempting to purchase you can always choose to purchase items as a gift so that you can send it
    to the other users account.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

Can I gift a digital game that I purchased through my account but was meant to be installed...

1. Can I gift a digital game that I purchased through my account but was meant to be installed... - Similar Threads - gift digital game

2. Would I have to pay to gift the digital version of a disc game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Would I have to pay to gift the digital version of a disc game?: I have an Xbox One S and Series S, there are some disc games I bought for Xbox One that I would like to play on Series S. I have guest accounts on both consoles, and was thinking that I could...
  3. Gifting a digital game i own without having to pay for it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gifting a digital game i own without having to pay for it again: Hi Guys, I used to play on xbox one s and bought Modern Warfare digitally, now i dont own the xbox anymore and want to sell the digital game but i still use my login details on my pc. is it...
  4. Gift digital games so games we no longer want are not wasted

in XboX Insiders
    Gift digital games so games we no longer want are not wasted: I'm sure this probably wasn't already talked about but I think it is worth bringing up again if it was. Why can't we have the ability to gift digital games that we have in our collection that we...
  5. How to gift a digital game to intended recipient

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to gift a digital game to intended recipient: I've purchased a digital game but don't want it installed on my computer. How do I allow it to be installed to the recipient's computer? 769c1754-2104-4a3c-bc34-a064978c6049
  6. Can you gift a digital game you already own?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you gift a digital game you already own?: I own Halo: MCC and i want to give it to a friend without having to buy it again. 53c133e0-aa79-4674-bf69-406fe998272b
  7. Digital download gifted game sell insted of redeem

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Digital download gifted game sell insted of redeem: digital game as a gift can i sell it insted of redeaming it 68132197-bac5-4ee8-834a-fc639777cca7
  8. Doom:Eternal - the game was supposed to be a gift, but Microsoft only sent digital copy!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Doom:Eternal - the game was supposed to be a gift, but Microsoft only sent digital copy!: My partner recently purchased Doom Eternal (Standard Edition) for a birthday present, along with some other items.. We received the other items in the post just after the 14 day period, however...
  9. Unable to download a gifted digital game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to download a gifted digital game?: Hello there, I bought and gifted Yooka-Laylee for my cousin's XBox One recently and over the Christmas holidays we tried to download the game to their console, but after redeeming the code on the...
  10. What's the easiest way to gift my friend Digital copies of Original Xbox Games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's the easiest way to gift my friend Digital copies of Original Xbox Games?: I'd like to buy my friend Star Wars: KotOR, KotOR II and Jedi Academy for Christmas, but I can never find the option to buy those as gifts. Is there a way to do this? I guess I could just buy him...