Can I gift my friend in Australia a Xbox live subscription?

Discus and support Can I gift my friend in Australia a Xbox live subscription? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a friend in Australia who’s subscription to Xbox live is about to expire and I want to gift him a years subscription. Is it possible for me to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dr Love 444, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Dr Love 444
    Dr Love 444 Guest

I have a friend in Australia who’s subscription to Xbox live is about to expire and I want to gift him a years subscription. Is it possible for me to purchase a code to send to him?

:)

Dr Love 444, Sep 15, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

You would have to find a retailer where you could purchase a code for their region.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Xbox region codesA

Xbox gifting is region locked, which it would have told your friend before he sent the gift, so there's no way to redeem the code unless you're in Australia also. Your friend would need to see if he can submit a refund request for the purchase.
  4. DanielaMMdmm Win User

Gifts?!?!?!

I also received a gift from a friend. I live in Brazil, and my friend in USA. I can not redeem my gifts.
  5. Spazpol Win User

Redeeming Xbox Gift Cards from Different Regions

Hi. I live in Australia and I have a friend from the US who wants to send me a $5 USD Gift card. I was wondering if it is still possible to redeem it and if it will be automatically turned into AUD or if that's not possible. Thank you :)
    No, gift cards need to be done in region. You could move your location region to the US and use the giftcard then. but you can not cross region use gift cards.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

contact seller

Basically when someone is buying a gift for someone else through the console or online a box will popup before finishing the transaction that says that this gift will ONLY be able to be used in the region that it is purchased in. For instance say I have
    a friend in Australia that wants to gift me (I live in the US) a game he would not be able to do that because we live in two different regions. Hence this is where this error you are getting is coming from there is no way around it the only thing that we can
    recommend is to have whoever gifted you this game is to have them contact xbox support by going to support.xbox.com/contact-us and see if they can get a refund.
Thema:

1. Can I gift my friend in Australia a Xbox live subscription? - Similar Threads - gift friend Australia

2. Friend sent Gift

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend sent Gift: My XBOX Friend sent me a gift, and tried to redeem it, but it said code already redeemed. However the game is not in my library. b8a2b59a-eb40-49d9-bbfa-65253e524ee9
  3. i cant refund a gift i sent to my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cant refund a gift i sent to my friend: I sent a gift to my friend and he didnt claim it and he dosent want it so i want to refund but i dont know how 5dc6870a-c00d-44ab-b6a2-1a3aa365681b
  4. I tried gifting a game to an American friend, I’m from wales

in XBoX on Consoles
    I tried gifting a game to an American friend, I’m from wales: Can i get a refund on the money spent becuase of the lock? or is there any way i can give them the product? 8228dd6f-2fb6-4495-b4c9-3ca77f8aaefb
  5. Friend refunded a gifted game, the same game on his end was refunded aswell for no reason

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend refunded a gifted game, the same game on his end was refunded aswell for no reason: So this happened earlier yesterday (Feb 27, 2021) My friend Jordan, whom I'm game sharing with bought us both Grand Theft Auto V, he also gifted the game to our other two friends Luciano and...
  6. a friend sent me a gift, a code to redeem, but i lost the email that had the code. is there...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    a friend sent me a gift, a code to redeem, but i lost the email that had the code. is there...: a friend sent me a gift, a code to redeem, but i lost the email that had the code. is there a way i could get the code back? de3d68ac-8372-4915-af6d-5d694a1d6806
  7. Gifting an XBox One Hard Disk Drive to a Friend.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gifting an XBox One Hard Disk Drive to a Friend.: If my friend owns a game license, that would be of the same game I also own, will his account be able to access that game from a hdd created on my xbox, that would be made with my account, without...
  8. Can i get a refund because my friend used my gift card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i get a refund because my friend used my gift card?: My friends used my $25 Xbox gift card for them selves and now I can't use it can I get a refund? 0ad162ab-ba1f-4e1d-abab-045682950896
  9. Call of Duty Gifted from Friend but Now Have Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Gifted from Friend but Now Have Series S: My friend gifted me Call of Duty Black Ops for the Xbox One, but I recently just got a series S. Is there anyway to get the X|S version of Call of Duty without asking my friend to refund it (if...
  10. Can I change my console region temporarily, in order to gift a game to a friend that they...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I change my console region temporarily, in order to gift a game to a friend that they...: As the title says, I want to attempt a work around for gifting my friend a game. Will my console region matching his lead to me being able to gift a game for that region immediately to him? We are...