can I install games to my external drive

Discus and support can I install games to my external drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Please my internet is slow and I was wandering if there is a way I can install a game from the Microsoft store to my external storage without using... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MrXX ol, Nov 16, 2019.

1. MrXX ol
    MrXX ol Guest

Please my internet is slow and I was wandering if there is a way I can install a game from the Microsoft store to my external storage without using much data

:)

MrXX ol, Nov 16, 2019
  2. CoA Ninja Win User

Can't uninstall games.

So i tried something. I unplugged my external hard drive which has most of my games on it. All games installed on my xbox I can delete. So does that mean my external drive is going bad?
  3. Sanguinem Malum Win User

I run all of my games from an external drive, but at the moment, I still have to download them and install them on to it. This mean I use up a fair bit of data and normally leave the downloads running in the background.
  4. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello MrXX ol,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to this issue, you can install games onto an External Hard Drive, however, it will use the same amount of data as if you were installing the games onto your Internal Hard Drive. For more info on
    External Hard Drives please view this support article.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  5. BakyOsijekHr Win User

The only way is to get your disk to box where there is faster internet, log in with your account and download. Then unplug it, and plug it on at home. The feature you are asking is coming with the next console generation.
  6. CitizenErasedUK Win User

Warframe not installing.

I had the same message when trying to install GTA 5. Even though it would be installing on my external hard drive, it still wanted the 0KB on my internal drive. I was able to install successfully once I transferred one 15GB game from my internal to external
    drive it was fine.
Thema:

1. can I install games to my external drive - Similar Threads - install games external

2. Games not installing from external drive after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games not installing from external drive after update: Hey community, so I've updated my xbox one and now all the games on my external hard drive are no longer installed. In the "Games & Apps" screen, I can see them all under "Ready to Install" and I...
  3. Xbox Companion App (PC) - Game installed on external hard-drive how to add

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App (PC) - Game installed on external hard-drive how to add: I installed a game on an external hard drive and am trying to figure out how to play it now through the xbox companion on PC. I don't know how to do this so if anyone knows please let me know. Its...
  4. Moving game to external HDD - Installation Stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving game to external HDD - Installation Stopped: Hi Guys, So I'm having the installation stopped error when moving games from the internal hard drive to an external HDD. The hard drive is 1TB and is USB 3.0 (here's the product -...
  5. External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One).

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One).: Is it normal for the light to blink on an external hard drive when playing games downloaded on it, cause the light never blinks when playing games downloaded on the internal hard drive?...
  6. Some games won't install on external hard drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some games won't install on external hard drive.: Hey there, Recently, I've been having some trouble installing some games on my external hard drive. It's a Seagate 8TB and it's being strictly used on my Xbox One X. The issue first occurred when...
  7. xbox one X wont show installed or ready to install games- Internal and external drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox one X wont show installed or ready to install games- Internal and external drive: Hello all. Last month my ONE X started showing some weird signs... booted it up one day, navigated to my installed(internal games) games section and the spinning circle just stayed there.. it...
  8. Updating Installed Games on an External Hard Drive for Xbox One

in XBoX on Windows
    Updating Installed Games on an External Hard Drive for Xbox One: Kind of an unusual situation, but I live rural and so my data per month is somewhat limited. A large game update can take up a huge chunk of my available bandwidth for a given month, nevermind a...
  9. Installing a game on both external and internal HDD causes bugs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installing a game on both external and internal HDD causes bugs?: Hello, Unsure if this is related to the game developer and/or its both xbox and game dev. In this game called "state of decay 2" I had the game installed on both - which caused a lot of bugs...
  10. Installing games to external drive causes other apps/games not to launch?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installing games to external drive causes other apps/games not to launch?: When installing games to my external drive on my Xbox One X, I’ve found that other apps/games sometimes won’t launch during the installation. It’s like the installation blocks the ability to do...