can I install games to my external drive

Discus and support can I install games to my external drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Please my internet is slow and I was wandering if there is a way I can install a game from the Microsoft store to my external storage without using... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MrXX ol, Nov 16, 2019.

1. MrXX ol
    MrXX ol Guest

Please my internet is slow and I was wandering if there is a way I can install a game from the Microsoft store to my external storage without using much data

:)

MrXX ol, Nov 16, 2019
  2. CoA Ninja Win User

Can't uninstall games.

So i tried something. I unplugged my external hard drive which has most of my games on it. All games installed on my xbox I can delete. So does that mean my external drive is going bad?
  3. GreenJeans1 Win User

Xbox One Installation Stopped External Hard Drive

None of the above solve the issue. Games currently Installed on the external drive work. Unless they need an update. They can not be updated. New games can not be installed to external drives in the xpack enclosure. Apps seem install with no issue. Games
    can not be migrated to or from the external drive as well. Apps migrate with no issue. The issue seems to be related to the xpack external enclosure. It seems to have stopped working after the Feb update. Prior to this games installed updated and transfered
    with no issues using the xpack enclosure.
  4. Sanguinem Malum Win User

I run all of my games from an external drive, but at the moment, I still have to download them and install them on to it. This mean I use up a fair bit of data and normally leave the downloads running in the background.
  5. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello MrXX ol,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to this issue, you can install games onto an External Hard Drive, however, it will use the same amount of data as if you were installing the games onto your Internal Hard Drive. For more info on
    External Hard Drives please view this support article.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  6. BakyOsijekHr Win User

The only way is to get your disk to box where there is faster internet, log in with your account and download. Then unplug it, and plug it on at home. The feature you are asking is coming with the next console generation.
Thema:

1. can I install games to my external drive - Similar Threads - install games external

2. Somehow, games ALREADY in external are being installed ALSO in internal! Here's Mafia III,...

in XboX Insiders
    Somehow, games ALREADY in external are being installed ALSO in internal! Here's Mafia III,...: [IMG] submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]
  3. Problems installing and updating games with external ssd

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems installing and updating games with external ssd: Hello, I i staklwd a 4TB SSD in my Xbox one S, to have enough space, bowever im having issues, having to reinstall games and dlcs, like battlefield 4, eas works mg, for some reason something got...
  4. [Tech] Selected few games not installing on external HDD issue

in XboX Insiders
    [Tech] Selected few games not installing on external HDD issue: Hi folks. I don't know if this is insider related as the issue has been present for about 6 months for me now - it has persisted through a full format of the external drive with no joy. I have a...
  5. Need help with games not installing to external drive

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with games not installing to external drive: Games will no longer install to my external hard drive. Attempt to install a game and it stops, giving me an "installation stopped" error. Apps install fine. Apps also transfer to and from fine....
  6. How come every time I try to move a game to my external drive the installation stops?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How come every time I try to move a game to my external drive the installation stops?: I've had this external drive connected to my xbox one s for a long time and have always never been able to download games onto it, but in the past I have always been able to get around the issue....
  7. Please help ....External hard drive not installing games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help ....External hard drive not installing games: Hi my external hard drive has recently stopped working since the last xbox update. It has all worked for 4 months prior to updating the xbox I have a seagate 2tb firecuda ssd which is...
  8. External hard drive not installing games

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive not installing games: Hi my external hard drive has recently stopped working since the last xbox update. It has all worked for 4 months prior to updating xbox i have a seagate 2tb firecuda ssd which is connected by...
  9. External hard drive won't install games

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive won't install games: Hey, i just got a Fantom Drives external HD designed specifically for the xbox one. It has a seagate 2TB SSHD. It connects fine, i can see and access it fine however i cannot download games...
  10. Not able to install games on 2TB external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not able to install games on 2TB external hard drive: Xbox recent update does not allow external hard drive to receive, transfer or download any content. I have done every workaround and every step. Nothing has worked. I get the message “Installation...