Can I keep both Game save files?

Discus and support Can I keep both Game save files? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox one and an Xbox series x. Both consoles have an Elden ring online save file under my gamertag. However when I got the series x I was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LisaPizza, Aug 5, 2022.

1. LisaPizza
    LisaPizza Guest

I have an Xbox one and an Xbox series x. Both consoles have an Elden ring online save file under my gamertag. However when I got the series x I was halfway through the game and finished the game on the series x while online. I then realized that I could go through the last half of the game again on the Xbox one if I stayed offline on the older Xbox. I did this and finished the game a second time. Is it possible to keep both files when I go back online with the Xbox one? What will happen when I put the Xbox one back online?

:)

LisaPizza, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi LisaPizza, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

You can only keep one save file under one Xbox profile.

Once you go online your local save file with sync to the cloud.
  3. LisaPizza Win User

Which local save file will get saved on the cloud. There are 2 on different consoles
  4. Christopher M Myles Win User

Can I Download Game and Keep Save?

Ye thanks but I want to know if I can select the option to install it to my console from the disc and continue my game there. Would that work? If it does will I still be able to play on a disc aswell?
  5. Julian_ Win User

Hi! First off: Save games are never stored on the game (disc or hard drive) itself ever. This is pretty much only the case with systems that use cartridges (like Nintendo 64, handhelds). I assume you are playing the game on your Xbox 360? If so it's depending
    what you choose as your save location. Besides your local Xbox 360 hard drive/memory unit you also have the option to save your progress in the Xbox cloud, which is most likely the option you are looking for. See this link for further information about this
    topic and how to move your save file:

https://support.xbox.com/games/game-setup/cloud-save-games
  6. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

save games are by default saved on the console on the Xbox 360 (or cloud when that is selected) so the save isn't located on the disc.

If you used your own account then that save is linked to your account and present on your console (I assume you played it on your console)

If so then you can give the disc back and after you purchased the game (on disc or digitally) you can continue with your save game and your friend can play his save game on their console (assuming they played it on their console)

So in short, if you both used your own consoles and accounts then you both will be able to continue the game where you left off via your account their save games.
Thema:

1. Can I keep both Game save files? - Similar Threads - keep both Game

2. Game keeps signing me out and the password doesn't work to get back in. (Minecraft)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game keeps signing me out and the password doesn't work to get back in. (Minecraft): Hello my game keeps signing me out and when I try to sign back in the password I know is right doesn't work, the game tech support told me to contact here because I might need verification for my...
  3. Xbox App and Microsoft Store keeps scrolling to the bottom

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App and Microsoft Store keeps scrolling to the bottom: I've unplugged wired controller, I’ve windows key+x to rest the app, as someone who does not spent every waking moment on a pc, this is trash. Never in my 28 years of being alive has a bug so...
  4. Xbox Live keeps singing out of YouTube. As a result I cannot log in to YouTube on the Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live keeps singing out of YouTube. As a result I cannot log in to YouTube on the Xbox...: Xbox Live keeps singing out of YouTube. As a result I cannot log in to YouTube on the Xbox b/c of too many sign in attempts. Power cycle did not repair, uninstall and reinstall did not repair,...
  5. why does my game disc keep saying installation stopped? i tried both troubleshooting...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my game disc keep saying installation stopped? i tried both troubleshooting...: i have been trying to install my game that is a disc and it keeps saying installation stopped. it gets to a little over 10gb installed then it keeps saying installation stopped and won’t go any...
  6. My download keeps failing at exactly 79% ... on *both* of my XBOX 360 consoles. Please help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My download keeps failing at exactly 79% ... on *both* of my XBOX 360 consoles. Please help!: Hello, all! I happen to own two XBOX 360 consoles (yes, I've never upgraded to the XBOX One or a PS4), one in my living room and the other in my bedroom. My fiancee expressed interest in running...
  7. COD AW digital copy upgrade. Keep both? Play both?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD AW digital copy upgrade. Keep both? Play both?: I don't see a way to preorder COD Advanced Warfare digital copy for the 360 yet. My question is if and when its available and i upgrade it to the current gen version will i be able to play both? I...
  8. i have 2 xbox ones and they both keep turning off during the night,

in XBoX on Consoles
    i have 2 xbox ones and they both keep turning off during the night,: I'm trying to download a game that has taken more then 18 hours and id rather not sit there and look after my Xboxes while they download, how do i fix this problem in my settings? its sux the...
  9. Using old xbox360 GT for new xbox one (and keeping it for both consoles)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using old xbox360 GT for new xbox one (and keeping it for both consoles): Please could someone explain to me how I can help my son to set it so that he can use his previous GT from his 360 and use it on his new xbox one, AND keep it for both consoles (he switches...
  10. Me and my friend both keeping getting error when trying to friend each other

in XBoX on Consoles
    Me and my friend both keeping getting error when trying to friend each other: it says we blocked each other but we didn't and we cannot "unblock" each other and it is getting very aggravating c4f03755-e139-4d1b-95ca-386471b6f1f6