Can I move games, achievements and progress to new gamertag and/or email address?

Discus and support Can I move games, achievements and progress to new gamertag and/or email address? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son has been playing on my account for some time now but that is an 'adult' account. I want to move his achievements, etc. to a new email address so... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CrucifixCimy, Aug 1, 2020.

1. CrucifixCimy
    CrucifixCimy Guest

Can I move games, achievements and progress to new gamertag and/or email address?

My son has been playing on my account for some time now but that is an 'adult' account. I want to move his achievements, etc. to a new email address so it's a family account that I can control time limits, spending, etc. I am afraid this can't be done
    - does anyone have any suggestions on how I can preserve his 'account' but move it to a new email so it can be a child account? Or will he just lose all of the games, achievements, friends, etc. and have to start over if I move him to a new email address under
    the same 'family' account?

:)

CrucifixCimy, Aug 1, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Cimy,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. I'm sorry to inform you the option to transfer saved data, achievements and any/or game purchases from another Microsoft Account will not be possible. We currently do not have an available feature. The one
    step we have available is changing the primary email on the Microsoft account.
    You can however set up home consoleon your main profile.
    Note:If you choose to remove an alias that uses a Microsoft domain such as @hotmail.com, @outlook.com, or @live.com, that alias will be completely deleted and will not be available to sign in to any Microsoft
    services. A microsoft and Xbox account are one and the same. As there is nothing more I will be locking this thread.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  3. Haakan Win User

gamerscore reset

Unfortunately you can't move purchases, achievements or game specific progress to another account - you can however change your gamertag/profile name if that is why you want a new account.
  4. ElMariachi003 Win User

gamertag

If my grandson already has a gamertag name and progress on his xbox 360 here when he starts a new console at his house does he have a new gamertag or is all his progress and name stay the say or does it start all over.
    If your grandson's gamertag is associated with an XBox LIVE account, he can log into the other console, and all achievements associated with the account will be visible on the other console, and any digital game/content purchases made on the account are
    downloadable to the new console. Additionally, if the LIVE account is a Gold account, game saves can be stored in the cloud, where they can be accessed from the other console as well.

If the gamertag is just a local profile on the console at your house, he will need to move the profile and any game saves/progress he wants access to on that console to a USB drive, where he can then move them to the other console at his house.
  5. Eambo Win User

unlink Windows live ID & Gamertag

Hi Jaguar!

Unfortunately you cannot unlink accounts - what is recommended here is to make a third "dummy" account, and use it to move your profile as follows:

"Old" Email

"New" Email

"Dummy" Email.

Move your gamertag from "New" Email to "Dummy" Email. Then move your gamertag from "Old" Email to "New" Email. At this point you can then just trash Dummy email, and your new email will have your old gamertag :)

You can find more info on moving your account here:
    support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

Hope this makes sense! :)
  6. Killface8800 Win User

Move Progress in Games to different Account

As others said, there's no way to move game progress between accounts. You can change your email, change the xbox profile (gamertag) name, but not actually transfer that info to a whole separate account.
Thema:

1. Can I move games, achievements and progress to new gamertag and/or email address? - Similar Threads - move games achievements

2. Xbox controller moves too faster in dashboard and in shooter games the joysticks always...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller moves too faster in dashboard and in shooter games the joysticks always...: Hi i purchased an xbox 8 months ago, i am facing problem with the xbox controller, its its moving too fast like 2-3 tiles at once in the dashboard,when i checked the xbox controller app it showed...
  3. How to move DLC from a game downloaded on XBOX PC app (Microsoft Store) to an external drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to move DLC from a game downloaded on XBOX PC app (Microsoft Store) to an external drive?: Again I am having issues with this extemelly complicated and buggy software called Microsoft Store, and it's new games shell Xbox App for PC. I find it very frustrating, that it doesn't have...
  4. How to move gamepass installed games to another drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to move gamepass installed games to another drive?: Hi, is there a way to move my outer worlds install from my HDD to my SSD without deleting and re downloading the entire game? It is very simple to do this on both Steam and Epic Games, so I would...
  5. Move Game Tag from my email @outlook.com to my son email @outlook.com

in XBoX on Windows
    Move Game Tag from my email @outlook.com to my son email @outlook.com: I setup an xbox account 13 year (or so ago) and now I have a son who's 10, he's been signing in as me. I setup a family account and gave him a email address that I can control. I want to move his...
  6. Help. Game stuck moving.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help. Game stuck moving.: I have been having issues with my External Hard Drive glitching lately. I decided to move a game that is 50.09 GB to the Internal Hard Drive which has 117.9 GB free. It's been stopping at 14.10 GB...
  7. move games and achievements to child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    move games and achievements to child account: How do I move the game content + achievements of an x box one to an already existing windows id. I want to be able to limit the screen and play time better for my sons account. And he doesn't want...
  8. Achievements not unlocking and progress not moving in Minecraft or any game on Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements not unlocking and progress not moving in Minecraft or any game on Windows 10: Okay, I have tried restarting, I have tried uninstall and re-installing the game, I have tried launching through the windows store and the xbox app, I have made sure everything is up to date, I...
  9. Achievements not unlocking and progress not moving in Halo Wars 2 or any game on Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements not unlocking and progress not moving in Halo Wars 2 or any game on Windows 10: Okay, I have tried restarting, I have tried uninstall and re-installing the game, I have tried launching through the windows store and the xbox app, I have made sure everything is up to date, I...
  10. Move game achievements to a Child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Move game achievements to a Child's account: until now, my son has used my account for all of his games, so all of the achievements and unlocks are associated with my Account. I setup an Account for my son because he's getting old enough to...