Can I order a gift card online for someone else?

Discus and support Can I order a gift card online for someone else? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I bought a gift card online, but I don't want it for me, I want to give it to someone as a gift. Is that possible? How?... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by DawnFinn, Apr 11, 2019.

1. DawnFinn
    DawnFinn Guest

I bought a gift card online, but I don't want it for me, I want to give it to someone as a gift.

Is that possible?

How?

:)

DawnFinn, Apr 11, 2019
  2. DawnFinn Win User

In addition to usms, if you've already purchased the card without doing the "buy as a gift" option I do not believe you can gift it because it should have been sent to you. However, that might not be the case or if it has a code you could share
    the code with your friend and that may work as well
    OK, I'll try that. Thanks!
  3. xGHOST RANGERx Win User

that is possible. if you are buying from the Microsoft Store, there is a link that says Purchase as a gift. That will walk you through how to do that.
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I don't see anything like that (i.e., the purchase as a gift link). I've now purchased two gift cards and both of them say that the money will be added to my account. Ack! That's not what I want.

What platform are you buying the card from?
  4. DawnFinn Win User

that is possible. if you are buying from the Microsoft Store, there is a link that says Purchase as a gift. That will walk you through how to do that.
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I don't see anything like that (i.e., the purchase as a gift link). I've now purchased two gift cards and both of them say that the money will be added to my account. Ack! That's not what I want.
  5. Fearless Reign7 Win User

When you are in the microst store, click "purchase as a gift" and go from there
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there Dawn!

As the previous Ambassadors have mentioned you should be able to purchase a Digital Code so that you can gift to your family/friend.

As mentioned on the Microsoft Store site - Xbox Gift Card
    - Digital Code
    "You’ll receive an email with a digital code that your gift recipient can use to buy popular games, add-ons, map packs and more."

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Can I order a gift card online for someone else? - Similar Threads - order gift card

2. How to cancel a Gift Card ordered using Microsoft Reward points and get a refund?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How to cancel a Gift Card ordered using Microsoft Reward points and get a refund?: I ordered a 5$ Chipotle Gift Card (https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/redeem/all) using 6500 Microsoft Reward points by mistake. How to cancel it and get a refund back to my rewards account?...
  3. I ordered four xbox $3 gift cards with reward points and only recieved three of them

in XBoX Rewards
    I ordered four xbox $3 gift cards with reward points and only recieved three of them: I ordered four of the $3 xbox gift cards with my reward points. The $3 card was 2900 points and it consumed 11,600 points. I only received three of the cards I ordered....
  4. 3 Gift card orders stuck in progress

in XBoX Rewards
    3 Gift card orders stuck in progress: I had over 22,000 points saved so i decided to redeem 6 $5 gift cards. I was successfully emailed 3 codes but 3 are stuck in progress in my order history. I just ended a call with xbox support and...
  5. 3 Gift card orders stuck in progress

in XBoX Rewards
    3 Gift card orders stuck in progress: I had over 22,000 points saved so i decided to redeem 6 $5 gift cards. I was successfully emailed 3 codes but 3 are stuck in progress in my order history. I just ended a call with xbox support and...
  6. Haven't received the 15,000 rewards points/$10 gift card for pre-ordering Darksiders Remastered

in XBoX Rewards
    Haven't received the 15,000 rewards points/$10 gift card for pre-ordering Darksiders Remastered: I noticed I have not been credited for these points to my rewards account. I also checked to see if I received the $10 code in an email instead, but that also did not happen. Please advise....
  7. Didn't receive $50 gift card or proper amount of rewards points for Xbox One S order

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Didn't receive $50 gift card or proper amount of rewards points for Xbox One S order: Hi, my name is Fady, how are you today? How have your holidays been going so far? So my issue is that I purchased a Blue Xbox One S during the black friday sale and it was supposed to come with a...
  8. Still have not received $10 gift card from forza horizon 3 pre order

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Still have not received $10 gift card from forza horizon 3 pre order: I still have not received my pre order gift card code for Horizon 3. 9e5d9270-3a8c-44e5-bfda-25060edba6ae
  9. Rare Replay Pre Order gift card never received

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Rare Replay Pre Order gift card never received: Hello I was instructed to post here as i was never issued a $10 gift card for pre-ordering Rare Replay in July/August of 2015. Rep was able to see i pre-ordered and no gift card was issued but...
  10. Expiring Gift Cards and Pre-Ordering

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Expiring Gift Cards and Pre-Ordering: Hi, I'm seeking clarification on something. I've pre-ordered COD: WWII with majority gift cards. Some of those gift cards expire prior to the release of the game. Are the gift cards that expire...