Can I play games bought through the Xbox PC App/Microsoft Store on an Xbox One/Series Console?

Discus and support Can I play games bought through the Xbox PC App/Microsoft Store on an Xbox One/Series Console? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Good morning, afternoon, or evening, depending on when you're reading this! Some time ago, I had purchased Ori and the Will of the Wisps for my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BlyndHyro, Mar 19, 2021.

1. BlyndHyro
    BlyndHyro Guest

Can I play games bought through the Xbox PC App/Microsoft Store on an Xbox One/Series Console?

Good morning, afternoon, or evening, depending on when you're reading this!

Some time ago, I had purchased Ori and the Will of the Wisps for my Windows 10 PC through the Xbox App/Microsoft Store, and I just now (at the time of typing this) got an order placed for an Xbox Series S.

I was wondering if I was able to download and play my current copy of Ori on the Xbox, or will I need to purchase a separate copy for the console?

Thanks in advance!

:)

BlyndHyro, Mar 19, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Since that game is Play Anywhere, yes, you can redownload it and play it on the console without purchasing it again.
  3. Smwutches Win User

How to play online after xbox one dies?

If the games were bought for the console, you would have to see if they are Play Anywhere titles. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere If they are, you can redownload them through the Microsoft Store or Xbox app on the laptop. If they are not, you would need the PC version of the games in order to play them on the laptop.
  4. Vinny #1 Win User

How do I switch between two accounts on minecraft bedrock (PC)?

You can switch accounts through the Microsoft Store or through the Xbox app. However, games cannot be shared on the PC.
  5. FreakRoach Win User

Game list PC/XBOX

Only play anywhere games bought from xbox store or microsoft store on PC can be used on both console and pc. Games bought from steam can't.
  6. The DudeWith the Ner Win User

XBOX 360 controller not detected in games played in XBOX(beta) for Windows 10

What he is saying is that the xbox beta app won't recognize any non xbox one controller including 360 ones if the game downloaded with the app is native to xbox one rather than PC. Its insanely annoying I have the same problem. And it feels like an oversight
    purely to force us to buy the next generation of propriety Microsoft controllers. Please add support for any xinput device on all apps on the xbox beta store. Games that can be bought off pc natively seem to work just fine through the app with any controller
    like it does normally on pc
Thema:

1. Can I play games bought through the Xbox PC App/Microsoft Store on an Xbox One/Series Console? - Similar Threads - play games bought

2. Game Pass Ultimate Ends, Can't play Titanfall 2 (While I bought it beforehand)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Ultimate Ends, Can't play Titanfall 2 (While I bought it beforehand): My game pass ended a couple days ago, which had EA Play or whatever it is. In surprising coincidence, the next time I opened titanfall which was today, it said that my profile was not permitted to...
  3. Have active game pass and just bought Halo MCC. Cant play offline?

in XBoX on Windows
    Have active game pass and just bought Halo MCC. Cant play offline?: I have made sure under settings and general that is this my offline computer, but I want to play MCC offline. I owned gamepass before MCC, but I just bought MCC from the official xbox Microsoft...
  4. Game I bought Through xbox store doesn't play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game I bought Through xbox store doesn't play.: I purchased Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and every time I load up the game it says do you own this game or app and asked me to sign back in to see if I do on it .I tried logging out and...
  5. Cannot play a 360 game I just bought digitally from the store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot play a 360 game I just bought digitally from the store: Im getting a message on launch of game that i need the license or disc but i just bought the game 2 nights ago and it already said completed and took it out of my bank. This is a xbox 360 game....
  6. Can't play the 360 games I bought, store says I don't own them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play the 360 games I bought, store says I don't own them: I bought three games, one for Xbox One and two for Xbox 360: Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, and Dead Rising 2: Case West. While the first one works just fine, I am unable to even start...
  7. xbox game pass blocking you from playing the game you have bought

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox game pass blocking you from playing the game you have bought: im saying this again. xbox game pass has blocked me from playing my game (forza horizon 4). I bought this game when my xbox game pass expired but i think xbox said i had my game pass even though...
  8. Call of duty telling me i have to buy the game to play but i have bought it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty telling me i have to buy the game to play but i have bought it: Ive uninstalled and reinstalled it already along with rebooted it and everything else. Ive had the game for months and play every day without any major issues. I have a screenshot of what happens...
  9. i bought a game and i can no longer play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought a game and i can no longer play it: i bought sword art online fatal bullet a while back before it was on gamepass. when it came to gamepass i started having issues with loading it so uninstalled and re-installed it and the problem...
  10. I tried playing today but the games dont open.”the person who bought this needs to sign...

in XboX Insiders
    I tried playing today but the games dont open.”the person who bought this needs to sign...: I dont know when the update was but ppl are saying its because of that but when i was talking to my freinds on the app it worked fine.but now i cant even invite anyone.kinda freaked out when i...