Can i play ntsc region game on my pal region xbox 360?

Discus and support Can i play ntsc region game on my pal region xbox 360? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; And if yes how? The xbox says this is unrecognized disc Or the disc scratched I no have any more idea 833b4e99-9508-4f8c-bac6-db3d8504e7f9 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Xbox360fanguy99, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Can i play ntsc region game on my pal region xbox 360?

And if yes how?

The xbox says this is unrecognized disc

Or the disc scratched

I no have any more idea

:)

Xbox360fanguy99, Nov 7, 2019
  2. voteDC Win User

I have a question about playing a US bought game in the UK

[quote user="Pinbot Fembot"]

But it's not the TV that is the problem with PAL and NTSC, it's the Xbox. I have a PAL Xbox and it will NOT play most NTSC US games. Some are region free, but definitely not most. Believe me, I've tried. Check play-asia.com to see if your particular NTSC
    game is PAL compatible.

[/quote]That is not strictly true.

A 360 is capable of playing PAL and NTSC games and DVDs providing they are region free.

The issue comes to whether the TV can handle the signals and any decent one of say the last 15 years will be able to.

PAL and NTSC (no-one seems to remember Secam) might be used to describe regions but they are a separate issue to region locking.

This is why they have to list NTSC/U and NTSC/J separately on Play-Asia and other sites.
  3. Dirty Loco Win User

I have a question about playing a US bought game in the UK

[quote user="voteDC"]

[quote user="Pinbot Fembot"]

But it's not the TV that is the problem with PAL and NTSC, it's the Xbox. I have a PAL Xbox and it will NOT play most NTSC US games. Some are region free, but definitely not most. Believe me, I've tried. Check play-asia.com to see if your particular NTSC
    game is PAL compatible.

[/quote]That is not strictly true.

A 360 is capable of playing PAL and NTSC games and DVDs providing they are region free.

The issue comes to whether the TV can handle the signals and any decent one of say the last 15 years will be able to.

PAL and NTSC (no-one seems to remember Secam) might be used to describe regions but they are a separate issue to region locking.

This is why they have to list NTSC/U and NTSC/J separately on Play-Asia and other sites.

[/quote]PAL and NTSC are redundant standard definition formats (PAL=625i @ 25FPS / NTSC=525i @ 30FPS). These formats are no longer the standards, but the names of them are still used for the companies to region lock their product
    if they chose.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

uk game and us game

NTSC games will work on a PAL console if that game is a region free game, I know because I have a NTSC game which plays perfectly well on my PAL console. Now if GTA V is a region free game then it will work on your PAL console, but if it isn't region free
    then it will not work on your PAL console.
  5. HassanB Win User

Cricket Game - Region restricted for US

Sorry, that game is regional (only available in PAL regions and playable on PAL XBOX 360's). As far as I know they do not have region free games in regards to Cricket as there's really no support for the game in the USA.

If you purchased your console in the United States your console is NTSC and can only play NTSC and Region Free games. Consoles purchased abroad are either NTSC-J (Japan), or PAL (EU). These cricket games are made strictly for PAL regions can they do not sell
    them in a region free format so it's not possible to play them on consoles purchased in the United States.

Hopefully that clears up your concerns.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox in black and white

You cant play U.S. games on a PAL console as the region is different.The only games you can play are NTSC or region free.

As for your tv issue,sounds like it's an old tv that does not support NTSC playback.Modern HDTV's support both PAL & NTSC regions but older tv's tend not to.
Thema:

Can i play ntsc region game on my pal region xbox 360?

1. Can i play ntsc region game on my pal region xbox 360? - Similar Threads - play ntsc region

2. What was the first game you played?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What was the first game you played?: Most of you guys probably have been asked this but, what was your first game you have played on Xbox? f2b0e06b-af84-4483-9aa3-61ece689dd93
  3. Xbox just pushed a system update while I was playing online

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox just pushed a system update while I was playing online: I was playing and then suddenly the screen went dark and update prompts came up. I was pressing A in the game of Rocket League at the same time so I didn't see the other two options, I pressed A...
  4. i want to link my xbox gta 5 accont to my pc accont to i can play on my new pc so i don't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i want to link my xbox gta 5 accont to my pc accont to i can play on my new pc so i don't...: my old Xbox I sold had my grand theft auto 5 account I still remember the details for the account I just want to have my Xbox grand theft auto account on pc because I don't wont to start back at...
  5. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019. Not playing offline.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019. Not playing offline.: When trying to play offline advises that 1 or more single player dlc packs are missing and should be downloaded. Thought this would be part of the standard installation. What should I do?...
  6. Cannot PLAY MICROSOFT SOLITAIRE GAMES. SAYS I'M SIGNED OUT.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot PLAY MICROSOFT SOLITAIRE GAMES. SAYS I'M SIGNED OUT.: I am attempting to just play the solitaire games that I normally do but I'm being corraled to a "Let's talk about the game you like best." I am not interested in doing that and I don't know how I...
  7. PAL / NTSC Game Sonic Unleashed bought and can't play in Europe (PAL)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PAL / NTSC Game Sonic Unleashed bought and can't play in Europe (PAL): A few weeks ago I bought game "Sonic Unleashed" that is PAL/NTSC on Xbox store. When I started it, it says wrong disc format message. I was looking EVERYWHERE and the only answer was, that i...
  8. I can't play my cod: Ghosts :( I was trying to sell it so I can exchange it with a ntsc ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play my cod: Ghosts :( I was trying to sell it so I can exchange it with a ntsc ...: I was trying to sell it so I can exchange it with a ntsc version.. is there any other way to play my cod ghost pal version? or can I just exchange it with the xbox support?...
  9. Playing X Box 360 games bought in India on an X Box 360 bought from US (NTSC system)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing X Box 360 games bought in India on an X Box 360 bought from US (NTSC system): My brother got an X Box 360 from the United States and the system is NTSC. Will the games that he buys in India be compatible with the NTSC system? I am sorry if I am asking an age old question,...
  10. Playing NTSC on NTSC-J

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing NTSC on NTSC-J: I bought Fifa 18 on Amazon and it turned out that it was a NTSC title (which didn't even mention on the product description. Thanks...) I currently have an xbox 360 console for NTSC-J. Is there...