Can I play video files from the 120GB hard drive?

Discus and support Can I play video files from the 120GB hard drive? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently got a 120GB hard drive for my Xbox360. In addition to game data, I was looking to be able to put video files on it to play locally. Is this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mfranch87, Jun 6, 2014.

1. mfranch87
    mfranch87 Guest

I recently got a 120GB hard drive for my Xbox360. In addition to game data, I was looking to be able to put video files on it to play locally. Is this possible? If so, where can I go to learn how to do it?

:)

mfranch87, Jun 6, 2014
  2. xbox original games wont play.

I have a 120gb hard drive so can i play my original xbox games

agent 0f death2, Jun 6, 2014
  3. VernierSlake
    VernierSlake Guest
    hd tv tuner question

Hardest part is keeping all the cables tidy and the files from over running your hard drive.

Seriously watch those video file sizes they can get big quick.

VernierSlake, Jun 6, 2014
  4. airmattdog
    airmattdog Guest

No, there's no way to transfer video files to the Xbox 360 hard drive. The best way to play your video files is by putting them onto a USB drive and playing them from the built in video player.

airmattdog, Jun 6, 2014
  5. airmattdog Win User

No, there's no way to transfer video files to the Xbox 360 hard drive. The best way to play your video files is by putting them onto a USB drive and playing them from the built in video player.
  6. agent 0f death2 Win User

xbox original games wont play.

I have a 120gb hard drive so can i play my original xbox games
  7. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Hard drive data transfer

MikeBj, I have used my transfer cable that came with my 120Gb hard drive to transfer from a 20Gb to a 120Gb and then from the 120GB to the 250GB in my present S model console with no issues whatsoever.
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

Phone to xbox one

In short you can't. The Xbox One hard drive can not receive files from other devices. If you have video's or music you want the console to play, you'll need to transfer the file/s to a USB Flash drive first and then insert this into your console.
  9. VernierSlake Win User

hd tv tuner question

Hardest part is keeping all the cables tidy and the files from over running your hard drive.

Seriously watch those video file sizes they can get big quick.
Thema:

1. Can I play video files from the 120GB hard drive? - Similar Threads - play video files

2. How to play multiple video file one after another on xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to play multiple video file one after another on xbox one: I wanna play tv show episodes that i keep on my usb drive. I'd like to play them continuously one episode after another . But i couldn't figure out playing more than one file....
  3. Cannot play the .mp4 file of the recorded clip on microsoft video players (Windows 10 game ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play the .mp4 file of the recorded clip on microsoft video players (Windows 10 game ...: So this recently happened......... So I was recording Minecraft clips on my pc and it was saved to captures folder. When I try to play it wuth microsoft video players it shows me a error message...
  4. My 360 no longer plays video files that it used to.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My 360 no longer plays video files that it used to.: I've got a series of .avi files on cd that I used to be able to play on my 360 with the system video player. I just tried to run them, but instead of the usual 2 or 3 files per disc that wouldn't...
  5. Playing video files off USB without Optional Media Update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing video files off USB without Optional Media Update?: Hey all. I work at a daycare and we have an Xbox 360 that we use to play DVDs for the kids. The Xbox is not connected to the internet and can't update at all as far as media plugins and whatnot....
  6. Does Xbox One X play audio cds and 4K video files?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox One X play audio cds and 4K video files?: Hi everyone, I was thinking of picking up an Xbox One X and wanted to confirm some of its multi media features, as I've been hearing conflicting info. 1. Does the Xbox One X still have an Audio...
  7. New video files will not play on my external hard drive - error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8007001). ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New video files will not play on my external hard drive - error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8007001). ...: Hi I have two external Seagate hard drives connected to my Xbox One. One is formatted for games & apps - works perfectly. The other is for video files. This was working perfectly and all files...
  8. Problem playing video files on large external hard drive using Media Player app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem playing video files on large external hard drive using Media Player app: Hello, This is the first time posting something on here. The information here is lengthy, but I wanted to provide a comprehensive description at my problem. Thanks in advance for any constructive...
  9. Problem using large external hard drive to play video files via Media Player app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem using large external hard drive to play video files via Media Player app: Hello, This is the first time posting something on here. The information here is lengthy, but I wanted to provide a comprehensive description at my problem. Thanks in advance for any...
  10. MediaPlayer shuts down X1 when playing video files

in XBoX on Consoles
    MediaPlayer shuts down X1 when playing video files: Hi Put some mp4 and m2ts files on a usb drive today and play with MediaPlayer app - and xbox just shuts down at the end of some. Screen goes black, and takes 10s or so and you here it shuts...