Can I put my old xBox One S HardDrive into my New One S without issues?

Discus and support Can I put my old xBox One S HardDrive into my New One S without issues? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a dead HDMI output on my old One S, bought a new One S, can I just put my old One S hard drive into my new One S and will the new One S boot up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YugoSiN, Oct 23, 2019.

1. YugoSiN
    YugoSiN Guest

I have a dead HDMI output on my old One S, bought a new One S, can I just put my old One S hard drive into my new One S and will the new One S boot up fine and have all my games as stuff on it?

I want to do this because its easier then transferring everything from old HD to new HD.

:)

YugoSiN, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

If it's an external hard drive, yes. If it's internal then it's not meant to be swapped and would violate the terms of service putting your console at risk for being banned.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello YugoSiN,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in learning if you can move one of your Xbox One S hard drives to another console. Smwutches is correct in stating that an external hard drives is the best way to complete
    this process. Since this is a topic of the internal hard drive, we must lock this thread as it goes against the

Terms of Service
    and
    Xbox Forum Guidelines
    . If you need help with anything else or have any questions, we encourage you to create a new thread. Thank you again, and we look forward to hearing from you!
  4. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi YugoSiN,

sorry to say but as I know: If you do so (inside), you will loose the warranty!
  5. YugoSiN Win User

Not worried about the warranty, I just need to know will it work?
  6. Temhotabot Win User

WOW Xbox #3 dead.... Open tray

You can purchase a new console without the Kinect accessory. If your local shops don't have any you can find one online at a reputable retailer such as Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Amazon, etc.

And yes, you are correct. The hdd from the old style console can not be used with the new style console. (as per the Terms of Service and
    Older harddrives, S-model consoles, and ToU violations - 04 - Using my console - Xbox Support - Xbox Community - Xbox.com)
Thema:

1. Can I put my old xBox One S HardDrive into my New One S without issues? - Similar Threads - put old HardDrive

2. I just signed up for Game Pass Ultimate and with console streaming I've been putting in a...

in XboX Insiders
    I just signed up for Game Pass Ultimate and with console streaming I've been putting in a...: [IMG] submitted by /u/TheRealJetli [link] [comments]
  3. How do you complete the task that puts download a game for the ?. Try installing several...

in XboX Insiders
    How do you complete the task that puts download a game for the ?. Try installing several...: [IMG] submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  4. I put in a request for a refund for monster hunter world iceborne digital deluxe edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I put in a request for a refund for monster hunter world iceborne digital deluxe edition: I bought it because i was interested in it at first but as soon as i got hands on playing with it, i felt my interest go down the drain as i didnt realise how indepth it is and that it was so...
  5. : How do I put my gateway modem into Bridge Mode?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : How do I put my gateway modem into Bridge Mode?: : How do I put my gateway modem into Bridge Mode? Hello alantaber, Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in learning how to turn bridge mode on for your...
  6. I went to recover my gamertag, put in the old email, changed password and now my old email has ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I went to recover my gamertag, put in the old email, changed password and now my old email has ...: I went to sign in on my Xbox live profile after a couple years and not surprisingly forgot my password. So I was successful in signing in and changing the password but some how my email that was...
  7. PLEASE put back the OLD Version of Taptiles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PLEASE put back the OLD Version of Taptiles: running windows 8.1. The game is jerky, you can't clear any board on any game without the playfield rotating, and overall it just stinks. Put back the old version which had better graphic...
  8. I want to put old consoles into good use

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to put old consoles into good use: A lot of people are today switching their XBOX 360 for an XBOX One. With regard to the environment I would like to put these old consoles into good use. However as you have stopped accepting new...
  9. i was kicked off online because you guys deiceded to put me back in my old gamer tag ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i was kicked off online because you guys deiceded to put me back in my old gamer tag ...: need this fixed as soon as possible . b26c672c-ff1d-4df8-b882-7728104fc0f1
  10. sent a repair in. but the ups guy has put my old return address.

in XBoX on Consoles
    sent a repair in. but the ups guy has put my old return address.: i put in a rapier for my day one xbox one controller. the xbox web site has my new address. i use ups a lot. so they got me on file. i for got they where use-ding my old address as sender. i try...