Can I redeem a xbox game pass ultimate gift card after my last subscription expired?

Discus and support Can I redeem a xbox game pass ultimate gift card after my last subscription expired? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've heard that game pass ultimate gift cards only work for new members with none subscription. So my ultimate expired just a few days... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Burnestein, Feb 13, 2020 at 4:52 PM.

1. Burnestein
    Burnestein Guest

Can I redeem a xbox game pass ultimate gift card after my last subscription expired?

Hi everyone,

I've heard that game pass ultimate gift cards only work for new members with none subscription. So my ultimate expired just a few days ago and i was wondering is if those gift cards work only on new users or somebody have tried to redeem one on an expired
    subscription.

:)

2. XBF Erick C Win User

Xbox Gold ultimate

Hey there EliteCrossFire1,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums, if you redeem the Xbox Live Gold code while your Game Pass Ultimate subscription is still active, then you would not be receiving the full time that is shown on the prepaid card.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate FAQ

"With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, can I still redeem codes for Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass?

Yes, These codes will automatically convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a ratio based on the ERP (Estimated Retail Price) of those codes. Conversion rates are subject to change"

If you want to keep the Ultimate subscription then you can redeem your code but just keep in mind that you won't receive the full time shown on the card as it will convert the time according to the price of the Ultimate. If you want to stop using the Ultimate
    subscription then I would advise that you wait for the subscription to expire before you redeem the Xbox Live Gold subscription.

I hope this helps.
  3. Allebas Win User

My Gift Card does not work

As far as i know you can't purchase subscriptions with gift card balance, you need a PayPal or Credit/debit card, as the purchase is a reoccurring one. You can also purchase gift cards specificly for live and game pass, just a heads up.
    Hi Neo Norseman,

Once upon a time you couldn't use a Xbox gift card to purchase Xbox Gold but now you can. However, a credit/debit, paypal is needed for the reoccurring fee.

Learn about gift cards and codes

With a Microsoft or Xbox gift card, you let the lucky recipient choose the gift they want. There are no fees or expiration dates, and either card can
    be used to buy:

To redeem a gift card you received, go to microsoft.com/redeem. For more ways to redeem gift cards and codes, see How
    to redeem an Xbox code
  4. Allebas Win User

payment of xbox game pass for pc

Hi bakaneko05,

The gift option refers to an Xbox gift card. It comes with a code that can be redeem on your Xbox Live account. You then can use the Xbox gift to buy games,DLc, movies, Xbox subscription, etc. It can be purchase at a store, Amazon, through Microsoft,
    etc. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/prepaid-codes/types-of-prepaid-codes.

With a Microsoft or Xbox gift card, you let the lucky recipient choose the gift they want. There are no fees or expiration dates, and
    either card can be used to buy:

To redeem a gift card you received, go to microsoft.com/redeem. For more ways to redeem gift cards and codes, see How
    to redeem an Xbox code
  5. RagingSawrus Win User

Requesting discord nitro

But he is a pc member and at the discord "how to redeem" page it states;
    Note: Only Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers receive a Nitro subscription. At this point in time, there isn't a way for PC only Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers to claim the Nitro gift.
  6. Tim w 619 Win User

If it is a 14 day 'trial' card you get in some boxes for consoles and games then no, that is exclusively for new members but if you mean a 1 month ultimate gift card from a shop or microsoft rewards then yes you absolutely can
Thema:

1. Can I redeem a xbox game pass ultimate gift card after my last subscription expired? - Similar Threads - redeem game pass

2. Redeem Xbox Live Gold with Game Pass Ultimate Active

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Redeem Xbox Live Gold with Game Pass Ultimate Active: Hey there I have an active subscription of Game Pass Ultimate (Including Gold) that expires in a few months, I have this gift card of 12 months of Xbox Live Gold, so my question is: Can I redeem...
  3. Can't redeem Xbox Game Pass for PC code from AMD rewards

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem Xbox Game Pass for PC code from AMD rewards: Hi, I've recently purchased an AMD processor and it came with a code for 3 month of Xbox Game Pass for PC subscription. However, when I click "Activate" button on AMD rewards website, it takes me...
  4. I can not redeem Xbox Live Gold because the payment option on game pass ultimate was declined

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can not redeem Xbox Live Gold because the payment option on game pass ultimate was declined: I'm trying to redeem my Xbox Live Gold card, but it won't let me. I've been trying to cancel the subscription but it won't let me as well. I just want to play my games, and I am not able to pay...
  5. Xbox Game Pass code redeemed for the wrong platform

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass code redeemed for the wrong platform: Hello, I just redeemed an Xbox Game Pass code. I wanted to redeem it in order to use it with Windows 10 but I followed the wrong instructions and it was redeemed to use for Console. Is there a...
  6. Xbox Ultimate game pass redeem merchant

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Ultimate game pass redeem merchant: I am unable to redeem the gift card because I keep being prompt to "This code is not yet active. Contact the merchant to activate this code" What does this mean?????...
  7. Redeem problem Xbox Game Pass (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Redeem problem Xbox Game Pass (PC): I recently redeemed a Xbox Game Pass (Beta) 3 months code and it asked me if I wanted one month free if I enabled recurrent payments. I did so but now it says that I only have one month of Xbox...
  8. xbox gamee pass pc error at redeem

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox gamee pass pc error at redeem: I'm trying to redeem a xbox game pass code for pc but I get this error [img] 57d19d88-a010-4000-aa96-36c2f1eda6e8
  9. Can't redeem xbox game pass code

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem xbox game pass code: I bought an xbox one controller and in the box it had a 14 day free trial code for game pass. But I do not know how to redeem it. I tried "redeem a gift card code" but that didn't work. I'm on...
  10. Redeeming Discord and Spotify memberships from xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeeming Discord and Spotify memberships from xbox game pass: Hi I recently bought the xbox live gold and was wondering how i redeem the 6 month spotify subscription + the 3 month discord nitro on pc (not on xbox) 3db08950-14b4-44d3-a9dc-579e14b20958