Can I refund a game that was purchased in the last 14 days and played in less than 2 hours?

Discus and support Can I refund a game that was purchased in the last 14 days and played in less than 2 hours? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I accidently purchased a game I didn't want to buy....but I saw a website saying that if I purchase a game in less then 14 days and the game was played... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OvershotEagle17, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Can I refund a game that was purchased in the last 14 days and played in less than 2 hours?

I accidently purchased a game I didn't want to buy....but I saw a website saying that if I purchase a game in less then 14 days and the game was played in less than 2 hours, I can refund the game. Is this true? I requested a refund but I really don't like
    asking for refunds. I understand, its a digital game. I came to ask this here just to be sure. I will appreciate someone telling me how refunding works here.

:)

OvershotEagle17, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

game I no longer play

Digital refunds are typically only available if you have purchased the game within the past 14 days and have played less than 2 hours. Otherwise, there is no way to refund or get credit for digital purchases.
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Can I refund a game that was purchased in the last 14 days and played in less than 2 hours?

Hi there Eagle,

Thanks for the reaching out to us with this question. Generally speaking, you've got those 14 days after purchase to request the refund since it was accidental. The Xbox
    Refund Request Solution
    confirms this as you likely discovered. Regarding the time of length of play, there is no set amount that I'm aware of. However, as you've already requested the refund, here is some info that you may find helpful.

After you submit your refund request:

You’ll receive a confirmation email and should get a response from the support team within 72 hours.

• To cancel your refund request:Reply to the confirmation email requesting cancellation.
    • If you don’t hear back from the support team within 72 hours:Reply to the confirmation email requesting an update on the status of your request.
    • To track the status of your refund request:Check your
      Order history.

If the issue persist, please keep in mind the Microsoft Terms of Sale.

16. Return Policy

Some items are not eligible for return; unless otherwise provided by law or by a particular product offer, all purchases of these types of products are final and non-refundable:

• digital apps, games, in-app content and subscriptions, music, movies, TV shows, and associated content;
    • gift cards and service/subscription cards (e.g., Skype, Xbox Live, Groove Music Pass);
    • products that have been personalized or customized;
    • special order products, if not part of a Store promotional offering;
    • random access memory ("RAM") products;
    • services that have been performed or consumed; and
    • clearance items or those marked with a designation such as "Final Sale" or "Non-Returnable".

Hope this helps.
  4. onyxishere Win User

Destiny

If the game was purchased within the last 14 days and you've played less than 2 hours then you can process a refund at
    https://account.microsoft.com

Otherwise any refund request must be processed through support. If you live in North America you can dial 1-800-469-9269 or click this link to start a chat http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  5. XBA_Hype Win User

refund

6. NeoDan123 Win User

How can I get a refund from untouched Anthem -game?

Good day

Refunds have certain criteria before it can be processed.

1. Need to have purchased it in the last 14 days.

2. Have not played it for more than 2 hours.

You are only allowed 1 refund in a 12 month cycle as per the terms of service/sale.
Thema:

1. Can I refund a game that was purchased in the last 14 days and played in less than 2 hours? - Similar Threads - refund game was

2. Can I refund a game I bought before it was free for xbox Live gold?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I refund a game I bought before it was free for xbox Live gold?: So I purchased the Golf Club 2019 and now it is free for xbox Live gold and I have gold. Can I get a refund seeing as I payed for a game that I could have gotten for free that is exactly the same?...
  3. xbox 게임 구입 환불 요청 문의 -[Translation - Contact Xbox Game Purchase Refund request]

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 게임 구입 환불 요청 문의 -[Translation - Contact Xbox Game Purchase Refund request]: 더 라이브 골드 무료게임인 줄 알 구매했는데 실 로 결 가 되어 환불 부탁합니다. xbox 계 : [Mod Removed - Personal Information] -[Mod Removed - Personal Information] -[Translation - I bought a live gold free game, but actually...
  4. I have a question, that Im wondering. If I bought a game can I refund it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a question, that Im wondering. If I bought a game can I refund it?: I want to refund the game pubg. My friend told that he would buy pubg when I buy it so we could play multiplayer, so I bought it and he didn't buy it... He just pranked me so now I cant play it I...
  5. 게임을 잘못사서 그런데 환불가능한가요? (Can I get a refund if I buy the game wrong?)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    게임을 잘못사서 그런데 환불가능한가요? (Can I get a refund if I buy the game wrong?): 미국에 살아서 심심해서 한국에 있는친구와게임 샀는데 알 보니 자바버 을 사야했더군요 그래서 반품좀 하 싶은데, 환불에 표시가 안돼네요 (Mod Removed - Personal Information) 이게 품번호인데 가능한가요? Translation: I lived in America and bored and bought a game to...
  6. microsoft store oyun iadesi [Translation - microsoft store game refund]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft store oyun iadesi [Translation - microsoft store game refund]: sipariş numarası [Mod Removed - Personal Information] olan Forza horizon 4 oyunu nu iade etmek istiyorum ve diğer siparişim olan eklenti paketi numarası [Mod Removed - Personal Information] bu...
  7. Xbox game pass gift card refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass gift card refund: My son has received 4 xbox game passes gift cards but wanted a regular xbox live gift card. How do I refund these or exchange to my balance for in game or other purchases?...
  8. False game details, want refund

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    False game details, want refund: I purchased Resident Evil 6 GoD version because the XBOX store says: "The Games on Demand version supports English, [...], Japanese." After downloading and testing thoroughly the in-game...
  9. 게임 환불 요청합니다 [Translate] Game Refund Request

in XBoX Games and Apps
    게임 환불 요청합니다 [Translate] Game Refund Request: 더크루2 라는 게임을 구매했는데 어지러워서 도 히 못하 습니다. 환불 부탁드립니다. [Translate by Mod] I bought a game called the Crew 2 and it was was wont. Please refund. 0e5cbd20-de99-4bdb-8869-b9ef3df4f7fa
  10. 엑스박스 게임 환불 [Translation - Xbox game refund]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    엑스박스 게임 환불 [Translation - Xbox game refund]: 몇 시간 gta5를 구매하였는데, 환불을 요청 수 있을까요? 설치만 한뒤 실행만 깐 한 상태인데 확인 부탁드립니다. -------- [Mod Translation - I bought gta5 a few hours ago, can I ask for a refund? It is only a few minutes after...