Can I refund a game that was purchased in the last 14 days and played in less than 2 hours?

Discus and support Can I refund a game that was purchased in the last 14 days and played in less than 2 hours? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I accidently purchased a game I didn't want to buy....but I saw a website saying that if I purchase a game in less then 14 days and the game was played... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OvershotEagle17, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Can I refund a game that was purchased in the last 14 days and played in less than 2 hours?

I accidently purchased a game I didn't want to buy....but I saw a website saying that if I purchase a game in less then 14 days and the game was played in less than 2 hours, I can refund the game. Is this true? I requested a refund but I really don't like
    asking for refunds. I understand, its a digital game. I came to ask this here just to be sure. I will appreciate someone telling me how refunding works here.

:)

OvershotEagle17, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

game I no longer play

Digital refunds are typically only available if you have purchased the game within the past 14 days and have played less than 2 hours. Otherwise, there is no way to refund or get credit for digital purchases.
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Can I refund a game that was purchased in the last 14 days and played in less than 2 hours?

Hi there Eagle,

Thanks for the reaching out to us with this question. Generally speaking, you've got those 14 days after purchase to request the refund since it was accidental. The Xbox
    Refund Request Solution
    confirms this as you likely discovered. Regarding the time of length of play, there is no set amount that I'm aware of. However, as you've already requested the refund, here is some info that you may find helpful.

After you submit your refund request:

You’ll receive a confirmation email and should get a response from the support team within 72 hours.

• To cancel your refund request:Reply to the confirmation email requesting cancellation.
    • If you don’t hear back from the support team within 72 hours:Reply to the confirmation email requesting an update on the status of your request.
    • To track the status of your refund request:Check your
      Order history.

If the issue persist, please keep in mind the Microsoft Terms of Sale.

16. Return Policy

Some items are not eligible for return; unless otherwise provided by law or by a particular product offer, all purchases of these types of products are final and non-refundable:

• digital apps, games, in-app content and subscriptions, music, movies, TV shows, and associated content;
    • gift cards and service/subscription cards (e.g., Skype, Xbox Live, Groove Music Pass);
    • products that have been personalized or customized;
    • special order products, if not part of a Store promotional offering;
    • random access memory ("RAM") products;
    • services that have been performed or consumed; and
    • clearance items or those marked with a designation such as "Final Sale" or "Non-Returnable".

Hope this helps.
  4. onyxishere Win User

Destiny

If the game was purchased within the last 14 days and you've played less than 2 hours then you can process a refund at
    https://account.microsoft.com

Otherwise any refund request must be processed through support. If you live in North America you can dial 1-800-469-9269 or click this link to start a chat http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  5. NeoDan123 Win User

How can I get a refund from untouched Anthem -game?

Good day

Refunds have certain criteria before it can be processed.

1. Need to have purchased it in the last 14 days.

2. Have not played it for more than 2 hours.

You are only allowed 1 refund in a 12 month cycle as per the terms of service/sale.
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

Question about refunding games that have been owned for more than 14+ days

The original policy was rather simple - no refunds on digital purchases. Now, Microsoft may refund a purchase of a title that was purchased in the last 14 days and played for no more than two (2) hours. If your purchase does not meet that criteria, you
    would not be able to get a refund.
Thema:

1. Can I refund a game that was purchased in the last 14 days and played in less than 2 hours? - Similar Threads - refund game was

2. Refund/Roblox game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund/Roblox game: This is not really a question, but if a member of the Xbox/Microsoft refund team or anyone else would like to reply to help this situation please feel free to comment. My 5 year old daughter has...
  3. Refund Request For A Microsoft Store Game, with no response within 72 hours?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund Request For A Microsoft Store Game, with no response within 72 hours?: I had recently bought ARK: Survival Evolved from the Microsoft Store (digitally) , and had requested a refund, because It was accidentally bought on the wrong account. Though receiving a former...
  4. Refunding a gifted game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refunding a gifted game.: So basically I gifted Black Desert to a friend, he's in the US, i'm in the UK. i'd gifted a game before but it was someoe to the Uk so I thought it would be fine. But instead of having a warning...
  5. 게임 환불을 하고싶습니다 [Translate] I would like to refund the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    게임 환불을 하고싶습니다 [Translate] I would like to refund the game: NBA Live 19를 환불하 싶습니다 [Translated by Mod] I would like to refund NBA Live 19 e7e1116e-4ca5-4531-b62e-45125f79bbea
  6. How can I get a refund from untouched Anthem -game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get a refund from untouched Anthem -game?: Hi! I pre-ordered the game couple months ago to get the VIP-demo access. Well everybody knows how that worked out... Anyway I lost my interests in the game for multiple reasons even before I...
  7. Refunding a Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refunding a Game: Hello, I have preordered Anthem but would like to get a refund. I have tried everything, from signing in and trying to click cancel, to trying to get a hold of someone but i cant talk to ANYONE...
  8. Refund of money spent for the Xbox Game Pass.

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund of money spent for the Xbox Game Pass.: Good afternoon, I want to return the money spent for a subscription to the Xbox Game Pass. Subscription has been renewed today. I needed it in order to play Forza Horizon 4, but since with this...
  9. I bought the game by mistake and would like a refund.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the game by mistake and would like a refund.: I tried to buy Ms.Splosion Man ™, a free game today, and made a mistake. I want to get a refund for this game. Please refund. 98271501-7e27-4a34-9ec8-032ae167e0e5
  10. Microsoft store 게임 환불 [Microsoft Store Game Refunds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store 게임 환불 [Microsoft Store Game Refunds: 윈도우 스 어에서 마인크래프트를 샀는데 알 보니 플랫폼이 달라 사용이 불가능 합니다. 환불이 가능한가요? Translation:[I bought Minecraft from the Windows store and it's not possible to use different platforms. Can I be refunded?]...