Can I regularly swap out proprietary hard drives?

Discus and support Can I regularly swap out proprietary hard drives? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For my xbox 360, can I have multiple hard drives filled with games and switch them out regularly depending on what I want to play? Or is that bad for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by the whole jay, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Can I regularly swap out proprietary hard drives?

For my xbox 360, can I have multiple hard drives filled with games and switch them out regularly depending on what I want to play? Or is that bad for the console, or impossible for some other reason? This is assuming I keep my profile info on the 4 gig drive
    that is built in.

I want to know before I buy a second hard drive, and I have not been able to find this discussed anywhere. Thanks!

:)

the whole jay, Aug 25, 2014
  2. Rage against the Case.

I regularly swap my cases for the type I prefer, and I have had new sealed games scratched whilst still in the unwrapped case, so yes I share your frustration with flimsy hard to use cases...

WILK0-98D843A7-6EBD-4ABC-A1C2-5D9DBF1CA00A, Aug 25, 2014
  3. bloosuga
    bloosuga Guest
    Can you use any 2.5" HDD in an XBOX 360 E?

bloosuga, Aug 25, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

I presume that you're speaking of the 250 or 320gb hard drives for the 360 that you have. The answer is yes you can have multiple drives if you so choose.

You can also use multiple usb sticks if you like as well.

onyxishere, Aug 25, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

I presume that you're speaking of the 250 or 320gb hard drives for the 360 that you have. The answer is yes you can have multiple drives if you so choose.

You can also use multiple usb sticks if you like as well.
  6. Emo Goggles Win User

Xbox games should be free

we get free games with gold every month and for a small fee you can have game pass which regularly swaps out games..
  7. IceStorm III Win User

Two XBOX S consoles and Two 250GB HDD

There are several issues with regularly swapping HDDs between consoles as outlined above. It's also worth testing to ensure the music files play when swapped to another console, something I can do later tonight.
  8. WILK0-98D843A7-6EBD- Win User

Rage against the Case.

I regularly swap my cases for the type I prefer, and I have had new sealed games scratched whilst still in the unwrapped case, so yes I share your frustration with flimsy hard to use cases...
  9. Zachs Fresh Win User

I will NOT be getting the new Xbox Console. (China may want their wall back.)

With the Ps3 you can take out their hard drive and put whatever one you want to in it.If you want a 1TB go for it.What stinks with MS is you have to buy their over priced proprietary HDD.
Thema:

1. Can I regularly swap out proprietary hard drives? - Similar Threads - regularly swap proprietary

2. How is the Razer Wolverine compared to the regular controller or Elite

in XBoX on Consoles
    How is the Razer Wolverine compared to the regular controller or Elite: So i have a bad issue of snapping the plastic in the left joystick. I never had the issue on the Elite controller but their LB buttons always broke. Anyone have experience with the Razer...
  3. Do regular Xbox games work for Xbox 1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do regular Xbox games work for Xbox 1?: This is Robert & I want to know if regular Xbox games work for Xbox 1? 428b337b-b6e1-4eda-a327-440bef9c20b3
  4. Gamertag has numbers instead of using regular suffix on all ends

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag has numbers instead of using regular suffix on all ends: I just now changed my gamertag, but instead of appearing as Colton Price#846 or Colton Price, it appears as Colton Price846 on all ends, including XBOX One. Is my gamertag just waiting to be...
  5. Xbox Game Pass App Regular and Beta from Google Play Store

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Game Pass App Regular and Beta from Google Play Store: Is anyone else experiencing a really laggy Xbox Game Pass App? I'm on Moto G7 Play with the latest updates as of June 5, 2020 and I don't know why it lags. The regular Xbox App works fine, but the...
  6. I need help, I accidently bought Xbox Gamepass for PC instead of the regular in general.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help, I accidently bought Xbox Gamepass for PC instead of the regular in general.: I accidently bought the Xbox Gamepass ONLY For PC, I meant to buy it for both Console and PC, Please help Xbox. ddffd461-4a1e-48a1-9d51-5e5040753c20
  7. Xbox Minecraft beta help, can’t install regular version.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Minecraft beta help, can’t install regular version.: I recently downloaded the Minecraft beta for Xbox one and wanted to go back to the standard version to play with friends. I unsubscribed from the beta program and then uninstalled the game but now...
  8. Opted out of Beta, can't go back to regular MC. Can't join friend's worlds either.

in XboX Insiders
    Opted out of Beta, can't go back to regular MC. Can't join friend's worlds either.: Just installed the beta for Win 10 and it won't let me join friend's worlds because it says they're on outdated servers. Went on xbox insider app -manage- unroll from beta, uninstalled Minecraft...
  9. If I leave the Minecraft beta will my worlds be there in regular and usable once the...

in XboX Insiders
    If I leave the Minecraft beta will my worlds be there in regular and usable once the...: The world was started back on the XB1 edition, so I'd prefer not to lose it, but don't mind waiting in order to play with friends on the regular version. submitted by /u/NewFaded [link] [comments]
  10. Blu-Ray player app regularly taking too long to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-Ray player app regularly taking too long to start: I keep getting problems with the Blu Ray player app on our X-Box One X. We were watching a DVD on Sunday and it was fine. Stopped it part-way through to finish watching it the next day. The DVD...