Can I stream to my laptop that isn't on the same WiFi using the console streaming app?

Discus and support Can I stream to my laptop that isn't on the same WiFi using the console streaming app? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have got the facilities to stream my Xbox to my android phone, only problem is the screen is so small, would it be possible to achieving the game... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/wubbalubba96, May 22, 2020 at 6:32 PM.

1. Can I stream to my laptop that isn't on the same WiFi using the console streaming app?

I have got the facilities to stream my Xbox to my android phone, only problem is the screen is so small, would it be possible to achieving the game streaming on a laptop? And if so would I need to change the OS to Android or could I run it via windows 10? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question just don't want to waste hours trying for it not to be possible, the laptop has Bluetooth and I have connected the controller previously and used it as a second screen on WiFi but I'm now nowhere near my xbox.

submitted by /u/wubbalubba96
    [link] [comments]

/u/wubbalubba96, May 22, 2020 at 6:32 PM
  2. SILVERWOLF1514 Win User

unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion

Yes, streaming games. Did stream test and everything was/is ok. Xbox is wired, tried laptop on both 2.4G and 5G WIFI both work the same. Like I said I can start to stream (game) but if minimize app, close app, open something else or even use the keyboard
    to type the video freezes and I can only unfreeze it by restarting my xbox but on my old laptop (HP notebook) the video never froze. The new laptop is a MSI.
  3. SunOfANutcrackr Win User

Help connecting my Xbox One to my Surface Book2

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out to us.

I don't think it's possible to display the picture from the Xbox onto your laptop simply by just plugging in the HDMI into the laptop. It should be a compatible TV or computer monitor.

However, it is possible to stream your games to the laptop through the Xbox App as long as both are connected to the same home network.

Follow our
    How to use game streaming in the Xbox app on Windows 10
    to make sure you have the correct system requirements and settings. Settings for your Xbox One can also be configured through the Xbox App.

Let us know if this helps!
    no, the problem is I can't connect them to the same network, I moved to my college dorm and my laptop is on the wifi, but my Xbox isn't and I can't change the settings because I don't have any display. Is there a way I can change my Xbox settings through the
    app if they're not on the same wifi? Or possibly if I buy the surface dock could I display my Xbox to my laptop in a wired connection through that?
  4. ShoreXShot Win User

"We couldn't connect to your console. Make sure the console is still on and connected to the same network as this device."

I believe this issue is PC side. I am currently experiencing the same issue. I can connect to the system, but any time I attempt to stream I am told that it is disabled on the console(which it isn't). On my laptop it works fine though. Primary difference
    being the pc is win10 pro N and the laptop is win10 home. The console is hard lined as well as well as my pc to the same router, but the laptop is wifi.

I have been using the feature since release with minimal problems, but now I can't stream at all. I have tried different accounts, re-installing the app, hard resetting the console/PC, checking the network settings, and PC specs are well above requirements.
    If anyone has other ideas I would greatly appreciate the help.
  5. Tarnend Win User

using lenovo laptop as a monitor for xbox

I think the only way for this to work would be to stream your console to your laptop using the xbox app on your laptop, it would be better if both devices are connected via ethernet cable instead of wifi
  6. WPAK Win User

Booting from Xbox X on my Windows 10 Dell Inspiron

Thema:

Can I stream to my laptop that isn't on the same WiFi using the console streaming app?

1. Can I stream to my laptop that isn't on the same WiFi using the console streaming app? - Similar Threads - stream laptop isn't

2. Cant stream my Xbox one to my laptop.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant stream my Xbox one to my laptop.: For some reason I cant stream my Xbox One to my laptop. Im connected to the same network, and I do have enabled the "Allow game streaming to other devices" box. Infact I'm on "Allow connections...
  3. Xbox Console Companion doesn't play audio through my headset when I stream on my laptop.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion doesn't play audio through my headset when I stream on my laptop.: I started using this app to play games on my xbox by streaming it to my laptop, because I typically am in a discord call with other people while I do so. For the first few weeks of using this app,...
  4. So I want to stream my xbox on my laptop but I cant get the ip address because I dont have...

in XBoX on Windows
    So I want to stream my xbox on my laptop but I cant get the ip address because I dont have...: So I want to stream my Xbox on my laptop but I cant get the IP address because I dont have a TV,but i connected it with ether net. 5adaccf9-8e67-425a-9521-d205228f893f
  5. Is there a way that i can stream xbox 360 games from console to pc/laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way that i can stream xbox 360 games from console to pc/laptop: I tried with the xbox windows 10 app but it seams it only works with xbox one. I was wondering if there was anything similar for the 360 so i can record gameplay footage...
  6. Instant error when attempting to stream my xbox screen to my windows 10 laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Instant error when attempting to stream my xbox screen to my windows 10 laptop: My xbox settings have "Allow broadcast to other devices" enabled, and I have successfully connected it to my laptop via the Xbox Console Companion App. Through connect, I can see my active game or...
  7. how to connect xbox one to hp stream laptop window 8?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to connect xbox one to hp stream laptop window 8?: help me figure how to connect xbox one to laptop pc? 0302c13e-70b3-455f-bc9f-2fc81b792835
  8. Camera from Laptop to stream

in XBoX Accessibility
    Camera from Laptop to stream: Hi everyone. I have gotten a new laptop and wanted to start mixer streaming so I assumed I would be able to use my laptops camera to do so. Well I haven't had much luck so far and I'm wondering if...
  9. unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion: I got a new laptop, updated everything then tried to use the xbox app (xbox console companion) to stream from my xbox one S to my laptop. It will let me stream only once after I start up xbox but...
  10. xbox one streaming on laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox one streaming on laptop: hi, I hope someone can help me. I have set up my xbox to stream to my laptop. Everything sets up ok except the screen doesn't change to the xbox screen it just stays dark.Sound is streamed and...