Can i use an xbox gift card to buy minecraft java edition?

Discus and support Can i use an xbox gift card to buy minecraft java edition? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Minecraft now requires a microsoft account to get it even fore the java edition so i want to know if i can buy java edition with a xbox gift card... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TraskKejsare, Nov 29, 2021.

1. TraskKejsare
    TraskKejsare Guest

Minecraft now requires a microsoft account to get it even fore the java edition so i want to know if i can buy java edition with a xbox gift card

:)

TraskKejsare, Nov 29, 2021
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Can Microsoft gift card be used to buy Minecraft: Java Edition?

3. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

can Microsoft Gift Cards be used to purchase Premium Minecraft Java Account?

Yea, the mod is right.

The Java version and the Windows 10 version are two whole different games. Microsoft/Windows/Xbox prepaid gift cards can only work through digital store fronts (or in some cases the actual brick and mortar store) listed on those cards. There should be a
    list somewhere in the FAQs that tell you where all you can use said gift card monies.

You cannot use that money to buy things from an outside realm, in this case the Java version is considered an outside realm because its technically the "original" version of Minecraft nowadays and isn't the Bedrock edition available through all things Microsoft
    and beyond.
  4. Darkton Win User

Minecraft Gift Card

Hello, MJStrange!

Did you redeem this gift card on Minecraft.net? Because, if it's him, it's probably from Minecraft Java Edition (PC only).
  5. RainingRoses Win User

does clicking the "Buy to own" button on Minecraft in the Microsoft store gives you a full Java Edition minecraft account?

Hi Riya,

Yes - once you purchase Minecraft: Java edition, you’ll receive a game account.

Keep in mind though, Minecraft: Java edition can’t be purchased through the Microsoft store (Microsoft.com or Xbox console) and so you won’t be able to use a Microsoft/Xbox gift card to purchase the game (both physical and digital gift card codes). Microsoft gift cards will also only work, and apply to purchases on the Microsoft store (can’t be redeemed elsewhere). Only Minecraft for Windows 10, Minecraft for Xbox (bedrock editions), and Minecraft Dungeons can be purchased through the Microsoft store.

Refer to:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360035131351-Where-Can-I-Buy-Minecraft-Java-Edition-

Where it states -

Where Can I Buy Minecraft: Java Edition? - Minecraft for PC/Mac/Linux:

You can buy Minecraft Java Edition from Minecraft.net for $26.95 USD or local currency equivalent. You can learn more about pricing here. This is a one time purchase. You can buy an account for yourself, or buy a code to give away. Gift codes may not be available in all areas.

This edition isn’t to be confused with the Minecraft for Windows 10 version from the Microsoft store.

Note: Worlds/saves from the Java PC/Mac version of Minecraft are not compatible with the Minecraft on Windows 10. Free trial on Windows 10 includes 90 minutes of gameplay. 145.9 MB download.

If the game gives you a “install now” option on the Microsoft store then you don’t necessarily need to purchase it, as it’s ready to install and free to play on your account. It usually means you either own the game through a subscription, such as Game Pass or Xbox Live Gold, or you have a free game trial (or demo). If you select the “install now” option, you should be able to remotely install the game to any compatible devices on your account.

There are different Minecraft versions for different devices, which all have variations in terms of cross-play, DLC’s and add-ons, other features etc. Your game saves and progress aren’t connected across devices for all versions too. This is explained with the different versions, and which devices they’re compatible with here:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360034753992-Different-Minecraft-Editions

If you have further questions,

contact Mojang Support (submit a ticket with as much information as possible and they’ll reply by email).

You can also reach out to them on Twitter @MojangSupport

Hope this helps! :)
  6. FreakRoach Win User

The benefits of the gift card

Can i use gift card to buy xbox live? Thanks
    Yes, as long as it's an Xbox gift card you can.
Thema:

1. Can i use an xbox gift card to buy minecraft java edition? - Similar Threads - gift card buy

2. Buying Rocket League credits with Xbox Gift Cards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying Rocket League credits with Xbox Gift Cards: Hello people! I play Rocket League on Xbox and pc. I want to buy credits from the item store in Rocket League. On Xbox, it brings me to the Xbox Microsoft Store and it allows me to redeem gift...
  3. received a 5$ gift card from Microsoft but can't use it to buy a 4.99$ game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    received a 5$ gift card from Microsoft but can't use it to buy a 4.99$ game: hello, i received a 5$ gift card from Microsoft, and i can see them in the payment option, but when i decide to buy a 4.99 game from the store, it asks me to change my region. The game is from US...
  4. Redeem MS Gift Card from MS Rewards to buy Minecraft Win 10 Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeem MS Gift Card from MS Rewards to buy Minecraft Win 10 Edition: Hello "someone" from the MS Community I want to buy Minecraft Win 10 Edition with MS Gift Card that I have redeemed in MS Rewards but I don't know how to buy it. Can you guys show me the way to...
  5. How do you know when you buy a gift card from a store if it’s original or not ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you know when you buy a gift card from a store if it’s original or not ?: Is there any signs you can tell if the gift card is original or not ? 0e28bc5c-d392-45bf-b66f-65d7ae6529aa
  6. im on mobile, can i use a microsoft gift card to buy robux/roblox giftcard?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    im on mobile, can i use a microsoft gift card to buy robux/roblox giftcard?: Hi, I play Roblox on mobile, I am wondering if I can use a microsoft gift card to purchase robux or roblox gift cards ON mobile… d46a71ba-5779-49dc-bc65-e1b032111c77
  7. Can I still buy fortnite V-Bucks/Fortnite packs using a Xbox gift card as of today in PC?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I still buy fortnite V-Bucks/Fortnite packs using a Xbox gift card as of today in PC?...: I realized that buying fortnite vbucks required a Xbox to do so, however when I look at the description it says that I can buy vbucks on PC but then I noticed mobile was on there but was removed...
  8. Can I use a Microsoft gift card to buy a Google Play Gift Card or Amazon Gift Card or any...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can I use a Microsoft gift card to buy a Google Play Gift Card or Amazon Gift Card or any...: Can I use a Microsoft gift card to buy a Google Play Gift Card or Amazon Gift Card or any other Gift Card? b2d01a85-5a79-417c-88a7-edbbbac9c3ab
  9. How to buy left for dead2 with gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to buy left for dead2 with gift card: I got a 25 dollar gift card but it says add a card, can I not use gift cards on here? 4a43bab4-72cf-4f18-bfc5-c1266660e5a6
  10. Can I Buy In-Game stuff/items With a Xbox gift card without adding a credit card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I Buy In-Game stuff/items With a Xbox gift card without adding a credit card: So, I want to buy Fortnite crew subscription And I don't have an credit card my friend is going to give me a xbox gift card. So can I directly buy the subscription with the xbox gift card while...