Can I use Kinect to sync a controller if the sync button on my Xbox one is broken?

Discus and support Can I use Kinect to sync a controller if the sync button on my Xbox one is broken? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The sync button on my xbox one has suddenly stooped working and my controller has disconnected. Can I use a kinect to connect my controller even with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ol.Coll, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Ol.Coll
    Ol.Coll Guest

Can I use Kinect to sync a controller if the sync button on my Xbox one is broken?

The sync button on my xbox one has suddenly stooped working and my controller has disconnected. Can I use a kinect to connect my controller even with the button on the console not working?

:)

Ol.Coll, Jun 11, 2019
  2. onyxishere Win User

controller wont synce

The controller does need to be synced. There are two options to do this.

1. Use the sync button beside the USB port

2. Hold the controller in front of the Kinect to sync automatically.
  3. gds1972 Win User

FAULTY Brand New Elite Controler

Hi are you trying to sync using the button to the left of the Blu ray slot or the Kinect camera when the sync button on the controller is pressed??
  4. IceStorm III Win User

xbox sync issues

[quote user="UR MAN SWEENEY"]my xbox wont sync any controllers not even with the charger wire,[/quote]The Play & Charge cable carries no sync data. It cannot be used to sync a controller, only to provide power to a controller.
    i can turn my xbox on
    with my controller but still doesnt sync.
    Power on the console with the power button and let it finish booting. Then power-on the controller with the Guide button. When the controller's lights start spinning, hit the sync button on the console.
    i
    have noticed that when the green lights spin on the console after pressing the sync button that only three are spinning controller or user two does not light up at all..
    It's possible your controller is damaged in some way and can no longer sync. Try
    to re-pair the controller using the steps provided above.
  5. pd730 Win User

Controller constantly disconnects...

Here is a possible solution for those with a Kinect.

So I spoke with phone support last week and she had me sync the controllers with the Kinect instead of the console. Press and hold the sync button on the controller until it starts to flash and point it at the Kinect - don't press the sync button on the
    console itself. It seemed to take longer to sync this way, but both of my controllers did sync.

I didn't even know we could do this, but since doing so, my controllers have stayed synced. For the past few weeks while the Xbox was in standby the controllers would unsync and I would have to resync (usually wouldn't work), use a cable (worked 75% of the
    time), or restart the console, every couple of days. I still think something got messed up due to an update because I never had these problems so frequently before, but at least so far this Kinect-syncing has worked for me.
  6. Whetzel Win User

Why you cant unplug the kinect

[quote user="IRISH PSYCHO317"]

ok i found it............this explains the xbox one controller and the kinect

Thanks to a Major Nelson post, we now know that the new micro USB-driven controller for the One utilizes infrared LEDs on the top to communicate with your Kinect. The controller will flash a pattern of light that is invisible to the human eye over to the
    Kinect, which will use that pattern to pair the controller to the console. This process can be repeated any number of times, so you can take your controller to a friend’s house and not waste any time connecting the controller to the console.

the kinect is basically one big sensor and you sync the controller with system through the kinect......heres the site

www.geek.com/.../xbox-one-controller-will-have-kinect-syncing-battery-saving-low-power-modes-1557805

[/quote]

That's just used to sync the controller. Once synced, the controller should, technically, work just fine without the Kinect. So, basically, this doesn't prove that the system will not function without the Kinect.

-

Once your controllers are synced, I see no reason why the Kinect can't be unplugged.
Thema:

1. Can I use Kinect to sync a controller if the sync button on my Xbox one is broken? - Similar Threads - Kinect sync controller

2. Is the game “Kinect Sports Rivals” servers shut down?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is the game “Kinect Sports Rivals” servers shut down?: When I was trying to play Kinect Sports Rivals, it was working fine until I try to get my fans up. It keeps saying that I am not connected to the Kinect Sports Rivals servers or says that I am not...
  3. Having to reinstall Kinect Sports S2 on USB connected to xbox 360 everytime

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having to reinstall Kinect Sports S2 on USB connected to xbox 360 everytime: Hi everyone, I recently downloaded Kinect S2 from the console onto a formatted USB drive. I am able to download and launch. Play all the games including the all access pass i downloaded after...
  4. Azure Kinect point cloud object disappears when the avatar get to close

in XBoX Accessibility
    Azure Kinect point cloud object disappears when the avatar get to close: We are developing a MR app that uses the Azure Kienct 3D scan. When the avatar gets close to the 3D scan (point cloud object) the 3D scan disappears. There must be some clipping happening to the...
  5. Kinect Sports Rivals - availability of services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect Sports Rivals - availability of services: Hello! I’ve noticed that I can’t connect to Kinect Sports Rivals Services, the Hub is also not working. Are the services still available? I’m asking because there are achievements that requires...
  6. Hey Microsoft can you not add the Kinect Sports Rivals to the Game pass? (This question is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey Microsoft can you not add the Kinect Sports Rivals to the Game pass? (This question is...: Since the Kinect is dead now and you no longer support the Device can we not at least have the game that you have developed yourself with the game pass? It's just not worth our money!...
  7. Kinect not working problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Kinect not working problem: My kinect not power on i restarted my console still says theres a is sue bc428c56-879f-443c-b3f6-189e78a1e001
  8. Xbox want sync Kinect Sport Rivals player to earn fan

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox want sync Kinect Sport Rivals player to earn fan: Connect sport bravo hub will not connect synchronize state not connected f5d434b5-275f-462c-a596-7efc6dc33356
  9. Xbox dimming when video players are used/syncing controller with kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox dimming when video players are used/syncing controller with kinect: Over the last week, I noticed the xbox one will randomly dim the screen if a video is played, where no activity is on the Kinect or controller. It is not the same as previous dim screen situations...
  10. Issues with controller syncing & kinect unplugged on start-up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with controller syncing & kinect unplugged on start-up: I have a new Xbox one and have started to experience some issues. It may be user related (lol). Initial start-up of the xbox went fine. Ever since the first night, I have issues with starting...