Can I use my MS account balance to purchase 360 games?

Discus and support Can I use my MS account balance to purchase 360 games? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I'd like to pick up a couple of the old Tomb Raider games that are 360 games, but backward compatible. When I try to purchase, I am only given the... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by GrandpaBrad2012, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Can I use my MS account balance to purchase 360 games?

I'd like to pick up a couple of the old Tomb Raider games that are 360 games, but backward compatible. When I try to purchase, I am only given the option to charge my credit card. I've got $40+ on my Microsoft account from a gift card. Is there any way
    to be able to purchase 360 games using my Microsoft Account balance?

:)

GrandpaBrad2012, Jul 18, 2019
  2. DistantSpore3 Win User

Why can't I use my MS account balance?!?

Yes, I was trying to make the purchase on the website. How am I supposed to know that I can't use my MS account balance on the website? Not everyone stalks the forums before making a purchase!

The website was more than happy to accept the prepaid code!

If I can't make purchases on the website with my MS account balance, it should

#1 - clearly state that I can't use MS account balance to pay for purchases via website

AND

#2 - it shouldn't accept the prepaid card code on the website!

Now how do I use the MS account balance?
  3. TYMPLAR Win User

If you have a 360 console you can do so but unfortunately you can't on the xbox 1

-Good luck
  4. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello there,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. As mentioned by ambassador Smwutches, the only way to make a purchase for Xbox 360 BWC games
    using Xbox currency is to make the purchase on an actual Xbox 360. If you want to purchase the 360 BWC games on the Xbox One you will need to use a Debit or Credit Card in order to do so.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting me know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  5. Smwutches Win User

In order to use your Microsoft account balance on backwards compatible content, you would have to make the purchase on a 360 console.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Purchasing games

You can use your Microsoft account balance if you make the purchase from a 360. The One store has never been updated to work with Microsoft account balance for 360 or original Xbox game purchases.
Thema:

1. Can I use my MS account balance to purchase 360 games? - Similar Threads - account balance purchase

2. Combining two account balances to purchase a game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Combining two account balances to purchase a game.: I was wondering if I could combine two different account balances to buy a game on Xbox One without fully merging the accounts...the game is $20 and i have $15 on each account. I had two $15 gift...
  3. Purchase with account balance

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Purchase with account balance: Split from this thread. Hello, I had credit on my account. I was sent an email to reactivate said credit. When I go into my account it now has $0 credit in the reactivate area. Where did it go?...
  4. Purchase with account balance

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchase with account balance: I do not have the option on the purchase page to use my account balance and am wondering why. I have not been able to find any information about this and this is the first time I've come across...
  5. I can't purchase games and [Mod Removed] with my Microsoft Account balance

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't purchase games and [Mod Removed] with my Microsoft Account balance: So I bought a prepaid code that had exactly $50 in USD and redeemed it on Dec. 29, 2014, right now (Dec. 31) I tried purchasing the game: Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare and the only option it...
  6. Can't Purchase Using Account Balance?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Purchase Using Account Balance?: First, I redeemed a couple $25 card codes and correctly received a $50 balance on my account. I used it to buy a couple things using the marketplace via my xbox 360 console. Everything was fine,...
  7. Can't purchase anything using account balance money.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase anything using account balance money.: I'm trying to buy fibbage from the marketplace and it's not coming up with the option to use my account balance money. I have $8 on it and it costs $7, I have tried seeing if it worked with any...
  8. Microsoft Account Balance- Can only be used for purchase of equal value or lower...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Account Balance- Can only be used for purchase of equal value or lower...: Can Microsoft please make an option to use an additional payment method to purchase something on the marketplace if the Microsoft Account balance does not cover the purchase. I had to put $5 extra...
  9. EA Acces purchase with account Balance not available !

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA Acces purchase with account Balance not available !: Some Users have reported via Ambassador Chat. That they can`t purchase EA-Memberships via Account-Balance. They have Money on Account. Purchase only available via CreditCard. Why that again?...
  10. MS account balance used for payment doesn't show up anymore when purchasing

in XBoX on Consoles
    MS account balance used for payment doesn't show up anymore when purchasing: So i got on my XB1 like usual, and please note that I have $35 in my MS account balance. So I wanted to see if I can pay for a $15 map pack with that balance, and as of today, for some reason, it...