Can I use my xbox 360 Wireless Adapter on my xbox one?

Discus and support Can I use my xbox 360 Wireless Adapter on my xbox one? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Can I use my xbox 360 Wireless Adapter on my xbox one? Hi there, That's a negative. You can use Xbox One controllers on an Xbox One console and using... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Jamie W Short, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Can I use my xbox 360 Wireless Adapter on my xbox one?

Hi there,

That's a negative. You can use Xbox One controllers on an Xbox One console and using the newer

wireless adapter for Windows 10
    . The X360 controller is programmed to work on Windows PCs, but relies on its own 'Xbox 360 Controller for Windows Wireless Adapter'. These can be found cheaply, second hand. Here are some useful links, for you:

Controller compatibility FAQ

Device drivers

Hope this helps,

L

:)

Jamie W Short, Jun 14, 2019
  2. User 9242019 Win User

Wireless adapter

You must get the
    adapter specifically made
    for Xbox 360 controllers.

The Xbox Wireless Adapter you've bought is not backward compatible with 360 controllers.

Here is one on Amazon, for example (they don't sell it on the Microsoft store anymore).

Can I use my old Xbox 360 adapter with the new XboxOne controller?
    NO
  3. Brunos82 Win User

Wireless adapter

You must get the
    adapter specifically made
    for Xbox 360 controllers.

The Xbox Wireless Adapter you've bought is not backward compatible with 360 controllers.

Here is one on Amazon, for example (they don't sell it on the Microsoft store anymore).
    Can I use my old Xbox 360 adapter with the new XboxOne controller?
  4. DanielMillan13 Win User

Xbox 360 slim slim says no wireless adapter

i have the same problem with my xbox slim it says "to use a wireless internet connection connect an xbox 360 wireless networking adapter to your console"
  5. ArminatorX Win User

WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC

Incidentally, I checked on the page where one buys the receiver, and it says that it works for *any* wireless Xbox controller, so that shouldn't be the issue either.
    Can you point us to the page so we can see which wireless adapter you bought?

Due to a change in the wireless protocol, Xbox 360 and Xbox One use a completely different "language" to talk wireless.

So unless a third party created a wireless receiver that can talk both protocols, I'm afraid the Xbox 360 controller will NOT work with a Xbox One compliant wireless adapter.

It might be, that the page says that you can use "any" Xbox One controller with the Adapter (e.g. standard wireless controllers, the Elite wireless controller, the wireless speed wheel, etc.), but you will NOT be able to use Xbox 360 accessories with a Xbox
    One wireless adapter.
  6. joegagne-FD79AE55-34 Win User

XBox wireless problems

If I don't have the adapter plugged into the console, it can't find my wireless network. I just get a message saying "To use a wireless internet connection, connect an Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter to your console."
Thema:

1. Can I use my xbox 360 Wireless Adapter on my xbox one? - Similar Threads - 360 Wireless Adapter

2. xbox 360 Wireless Adapter device driver for windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 Wireless Adapter device driver for windows 10: Hello; Can someone provide me with a link to download the device driver for my xbox 360 wireless adapter for windows 10? e2777318-07b0-49c8-a3f0-e5097861e064
  3. xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10 : compatible with xbox 360 controllers?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10 : compatible with xbox 360 controllers?: Hello, Is the xbox one controller adapter compatible with xbox 360 controllers? I speak about this adapter : https://www.xbox.com/fr-FR/xbox-one/accessories/adapters/wireless-adapter-windows...
  4. Xbox 360 wireless adapter overrides my wifi

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 wireless adapter overrides my wifi: Hello, I recently bought a brand new Xbox 360 wireless controller for my laptop and every time I plug the adapter it overrides my wifi connection, so I can not use it on online mode for all my...
  5. Xbox Wireless Adapter One and Controller Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Adapter One and Controller Xbox 360: Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to connect a xbox 360 controller to a windows 10 pc with the Xbox One Adapter ? Thank you for the answer ! c420140c-cdde-48b2-9c3a-b65a68f6c27c
  6. Xbox 360 wireless adapter drivers for pc and xbox one controller drivers for pc windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 wireless adapter drivers for pc and xbox one controller drivers for pc windows 10: I want to use my Xbox 360 wireless adapter on my gaming pc windows 10 it has picked it up in the device manager but cannot find the drivers ive done the windows update still no luck is ther...
  7. xbox wireless adapters compatibility (360 one) with xbox controllers (one 360)

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox wireless adapters compatibility (360 one) with xbox controllers (one 360): I own two pcs (respectively running W10 and W8.1), two xbox wireless controllers (X360 and XOne), and two wireless adapters (say A360 and Aone). Three variables, eight possibilities. So... - On...
  8. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360 Hi there, if you are experiencing issues connecting to Xbox Live then please try the steps on the following support pages: Xbox 360:...
  9. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360 Connection Problem

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360 Connection Problem: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360 Connection Problem Hello, my problem is this: every time I try to connect my Xbox 360 to Windows Media Center (Windows 7 Ultimate) WMC does not identify or find...
  10. My XBOX 360 wireless adapter for my Windows 10 computer has stoped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX 360 wireless adapter for my Windows 10 computer has stoped working: I had gone through all the instructions and got it working. I know about entering my device manager and installing the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver (version from 2009) software to it. It allowed me...