Can I use my xbox 360 Wireless Adapter on my xbox one?

Discus and support Can I use my xbox 360 Wireless Adapter on my xbox one? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Can I use my xbox 360 Wireless Adapter on my xbox one? Hi there, That's a negative. You can use Xbox One controllers on an Xbox One console and using... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Jamie W Short, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Can I use my xbox 360 Wireless Adapter on my xbox one?

Hi there,

That's a negative. You can use Xbox One controllers on an Xbox One console and using the newer

wireless adapter for Windows 10
    . The X360 controller is programmed to work on Windows PCs, but relies on its own 'Xbox 360 Controller for Windows Wireless Adapter'. These can be found cheaply, second hand. Here are some useful links, for you:

Controller compatibility FAQ

Device drivers

Hope this helps,

L

:)

Jamie W Short, Jun 14, 2019
  2. User 9242019 Win User

Wireless adapter

You must get the
    adapter specifically made
    for Xbox 360 controllers.

The Xbox Wireless Adapter you've bought is not backward compatible with 360 controllers.

Here is one on Amazon, for example (they don't sell it on the Microsoft store anymore).

Can I use my old Xbox 360 adapter with the new XboxOne controller?
    NO
  3. Brunos82 Win User

Wireless adapter

You must get the
    adapter specifically made
    for Xbox 360 controllers.

The Xbox Wireless Adapter you've bought is not backward compatible with 360 controllers.

Here is one on Amazon, for example (they don't sell it on the Microsoft store anymore).
    Can I use my old Xbox 360 adapter with the new XboxOne controller?
  4. DanielMillan13 Win User

Xbox 360 slim slim says no wireless adapter

i have the same problem with my xbox slim it says "to use a wireless internet connection connect an xbox 360 wireless networking adapter to your console"
  5. ArminatorX Win User

WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC

Incidentally, I checked on the page where one buys the receiver, and it says that it works for *any* wireless Xbox controller, so that shouldn't be the issue either.
    Can you point us to the page so we can see which wireless adapter you bought?

Due to a change in the wireless protocol, Xbox 360 and Xbox One use a completely different "language" to talk wireless.

So unless a third party created a wireless receiver that can talk both protocols, I'm afraid the Xbox 360 controller will NOT work with a Xbox One compliant wireless adapter.

It might be, that the page says that you can use "any" Xbox One controller with the Adapter (e.g. standard wireless controllers, the Elite wireless controller, the wireless speed wheel, etc.), but you will NOT be able to use Xbox 360 accessories with a Xbox
    One wireless adapter.
  6. joegagne-FD79AE55-34 Win User

XBox wireless problems

If I don't have the adapter plugged into the console, it can't find my wireless network. I just get a message saying "To use a wireless internet connection, connect an Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter to your console."
Thema:

1. Can I use my xbox 360 Wireless Adapter on my xbox one? - Similar Threads - 360 Wireless Adapter

2. 2Wire: Does Microsoft still sell the wireless adapter for xbox 360?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    2Wire: Does Microsoft still sell the wireless adapter for xbox 360?: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Does Microsoft still sell the wireless adapter for xbox 360? Hello JoyW71, Thanks for posting here on the Xbox forums. Unfortunately, that wireless adapter has not been...
  3. Wireless XBOX 360 controller doesn't want to connect to the PC adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless XBOX 360 controller doesn't want to connect to the PC adapter: My wireless controller infinitely looks for an adapter, but never connects. The only solutions I've found online, were to install drivers to the unknon device, but that hasn't worked....
  4. Xbox one wireless adapter with 360 console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wireless adapter with 360 console: Is it possible to plug in the Xbox One wireless adapter to the 360 console like you would a wired controller or keyboard? Would the console recognize the input from the adapter like a computer?...
  5. Windows 10 + XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter / Controller don't work anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 + XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter / Controller don't work anymore: I connected two different XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter on three different Windows 10 PCs. All with the latest Version of WIndows 10 and never had connected with the Wireless Adapter before: nothing...
  6. xbox 360 Wireless Adapter device driver for windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 Wireless Adapter device driver for windows 10: Not sure why the moderator closed my previous posting! It wasn't that old and was never resolved. It's obvious that I'm not the only one having issues. Can Microsoft provide drivers to download...
  7. xbox 360 Wireless Adapter device driver for windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 Wireless Adapter device driver for windows 10: Hello; Can someone provide me with a link to download the device driver for my xbox 360 wireless adapter for windows 10? e2777318-07b0-49c8-a3f0-e5097861e064
  8. xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10 : compatible with xbox 360 controllers?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10 : compatible with xbox 360 controllers?: Hello, Is the xbox one controller adapter compatible with xbox 360 controllers? I speak about this adapter : https://www.xbox.com/fr-FR/xbox-one/accessories/adapters/wireless-adapter-windows...
  9. Xbox 360 wireless adapter overrides my wifi

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 wireless adapter overrides my wifi: Hello, I recently bought a brand new Xbox 360 wireless controller for my laptop and every time I plug the adapter it overrides my wifi connection, so I can not use it on online mode for all my...
  10. Xbox Wireless Adapter One and Controller Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Adapter One and Controller Xbox 360: Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to connect a xbox 360 controller to a windows 10 pc with the Xbox One Adapter ? Thank you for the answer ! c420140c-cdde-48b2-9c3a-b65a68f6c27c