Can I use xbox one gift cards to buy games from the Microsoft Store?

Discus and support Can I use xbox one gift cards to buy games from the Microsoft Store? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Can I use xbox giftcards on the Microsoft store? I want to buy Forza Horizon 4 on PC because I dont have an Xbox and I dont want to use my credit... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by SotirisVamvatiras, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Can I use xbox one gift cards to buy games from the Microsoft Store?

Can I use xbox giftcards on the Microsoft store? I want to buy Forza Horizon 4 on PC because I dont have an Xbox and I dont want to use my credit card.Will the xbox gift cards work in the microsoft windows store?
    Can I use xbox one gift cards to buy games from the Microsoft Store? [​IMG]

:)

SotirisVamvatiras, Jan 7, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Which is better, Microsoft Gift Card or Xbox Gift Card?

Hi Ammon,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question about the gift cards. Microsoft gift cards and Xbox gift cards are for both Microsoft and Xbox.

This is directly from the
    Microsoft gift card
    :

With a Microsoft Gift Card, give the freedom to pick the gift they want. It can be used to buy devices, games, software, apps, movies, and more. There are no fees or expiration dates to worry about. This digital gift code is good for purchases
    at Microsoft Store online, on Windows, and on Xbox. It cannot be used for purchases at physical Microsoft Stores.

This is directly from the
    Xbox gift card
    :

With an Xbox Gift Card, give the freedom to pick the gift they want. It can be used to buy the hottest new Xbox full game downloads, apps, movies, TV shows, devices, and more. There are no fees or expiration dates to worry about. This digital
    gift code is good for purchases at Microsoft Store online, on Windows, and on Xbox. It cannot be used for purchases at physical Microsoft Stores.

If you are purchasing devices like Xbox console, surface pro they are limited to being used for them.

If you will be mainly using these on an Xbox console, then the Xbox gift card is perfect.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. FreeAndSay Win User

country to country

Hi there,

If your friend lives in the UK for example, you can buy a gift for him from the UK Xbox store by using Xbox gift card only "Microsoft Balance"

Thank you!
  4. FeliciaCarpenter1 Win User

Xbox Gift Card On A Microsoft Game

Hi

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Yes, it can be used on Microsoft game or Microsoft Store purchases also.

What can you buy with an Xbox Gift Card?

You can get the latest games, movies, and TV shows on Xbox, top games and apps on Windows, and devices like Xbox consoles and bundles at Microsoft Store online.

Where can I spend a gift card?

Once redeemed to your Microsoft account, your gift card balance is available to spend when you shop at Microsoft Store online, on Windows, and on Xbox. Gift cards do not currently work at physical Microsoft Stores.

Source -
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-gift-car...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.
    to be clear I can use the xbox gift card on this particular game?
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox One gift cards: What can i buy

You can buy pretty much anything you want with an Xbox One gift card, anything from Avatar items (why I don't know) all the way up to whole games/movies.

Basically if you can get it on the Xbox One store, you can use a gift card to pay for all or part of it.
  6. Vijay_Verma Win User

Xbox Gift Card On A Microsoft Game

Hi FeliciaCarpenter1

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Yes, it can be used on Microsoft game or Microsoft Store purchases also.

What can you buy with an Xbox Gift Card?

You can get the latest games, movies, and TV shows on Xbox, top games and apps on Windows, and devices like Xbox consoles and bundles at Microsoft Store online.

Where can I spend a gift card?

Once redeemed to your Microsoft account, your gift card balance is available to spend when you shop at Microsoft Store online, on Windows, and on Xbox. Gift cards do not currently work at physical Microsoft Stores.

Source -
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-gift-car...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.
Thema:

Can I use xbox one gift cards to buy games from the Microsoft Store?

1. Can I use xbox one gift cards to buy games from the Microsoft Store? - Similar Threads - gift cards buy

2. To Buy Backwards games with Microsoft Gift Cards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    To Buy Backwards games with Microsoft Gift Cards: Since the backwards games list is increasing every day we should have an update in order to buy games using the Microsoft gift cards. I do know how hard it is but it's something that the fans...
  3. Redemmed Microsoft rewards for an xbox gift card, now I cant use it to buy games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redemmed Microsoft rewards for an xbox gift card, now I cant use it to buy games.: I redeemed Microsoft points for a 5 dollar Xbox gift card, now im having trouble using it to buy a game in the store. It seems that the gift card has been converted to Microsoft miscellaneous...
  4. Xbox.com won't let me use gift card to buy anything.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox.com won't let me use gift card to buy anything.: I recently bought a $25 gift card for Xbox, and I'm trying to buy a game that the Microsoft store will only allow me to get on xbox.com. I went to xbox.com, and it says that I need to add a credit...
  5. hi buy xboxone gift card when i use the code the store say this code not active yet

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    hi buy xboxone gift card when i use the code the store say this code not active yet: [img] when i use the code i have proplem code is not active yet 5ca45112-83c8-4521-ae6d-9f8d54796526
  6. Can i buy Xbox Live Gold with Gift Cards?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can i buy Xbox Live Gold with Gift Cards?: I see a offer in 12 months of Gold, but i don´t know if i can buy gold with gift cards. In 2015 i can´t buy with this type of payout. f2ab6d54-306e-4389-b805-5a38cf5e0cc7
  7. Buying a gift card for a Marine overseas

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buying a gift card for a Marine overseas: I completely spaced out on getting my nephew a Christmas gift. Which kinda sucks since he's in Okinawa with the Marines. So my question: He's got an XBox One. I assume it's still set to USA...
  8. I redeemed a 40$ Xbox gift card it said it redeemed so I went to buy a game and I said I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I redeemed a 40$ Xbox gift card it said it redeemed so I went to buy a game and I said I...: I redeemed a 40$ Xbox gift card it said it redeemed so I went to buy a game and I said I had no money so I went to redeem it again and I said it had been redeemed I just got robbed of 40$ help....
  9. I buy some Gift card and put it in the account, but they can't use for buy laptop, how can...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I buy some Gift card and put it in the account, but they can't use for buy laptop, how can...: I buy some Gift card and put it in the account, but they can't use for buy laptop(the laptop I use now is too heavy:( ), how can I do... can i turn it into money or other ways to solve it? thank...
  10. I cant buy Left 4 dead 2 with gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant buy Left 4 dead 2 with gift card: i have money in my account for buy left 4 dead 2 but i need a credit card but i dont have this helppp i love left 4 dead 2 i needed 8c1cb165-c5f0-46da-8fba-e8155ea86906