Can Microsoft cancel a used game code?

Discus and support Can Microsoft cancel a used game code? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I sold my Gears 5 code I got the the xbox one x on ebay (I have game pass so no use for it as I've already got the game) the next day the buyer... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by StarmanJames, Sep 9, 2019.

1. StarmanJames
    StarmanJames Guest

I sold my Gears 5 code I got the the xbox one x on ebay (I have game pass so no use for it as I've already got the game) the next day the buyer messages me claiming no knowledge of the purchase. I've checked and of course the code has been used. I know
    I'll have to refund him but obviously I have no code to try sell again. Can Microsoft at least revoke the code that was used so whoever used it will not be able to keep it?

:)

StarmanJames, Sep 9, 2019
  2. StarmanJames Win User

Well damn. I hoped they'd have something in place for stolen/scammed codes at least. Thanks for the quick answer.
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey James

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about deactivating a code that has already redeemed.

As stated by Xbox Forums and Moderator
    Smwutches
    , once a code is redeemed to the account, there is no way to remove this code from the account or transfer this code to another account.

Its always recommend to check the status of code first by
    attempting to redeem it
    , and if you experience difficulties checking the status, its always worth trying to

troubleshooting the code

You can always contact
    Xbox Customer Suppor
    t as well, as they can help with verifying the status of the code.

As there is no further information that we can provide for you in regards to this, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day!
  4. yobrizo Win User

Hello, only can removed if you probe that it code is stolen , pe if somebody steal your credit card
  5. StarmanJames Win User

I did that, put the code in just to confirm it was already used. Either the buyer is pulling a fast one or was hacked. Either way I'll have to refund as regular accounts on ebay can't sell digital codes (I didn't know this beforehand of course). I'll try
    contacting xbox support, I'd like the scammer to at least lose access to the game, even if I can't get a replacement code. Wouldn't even bother trying to sell it again anyway.
  6. ET3rNi7Y GreeN Win User

You can actually redeem again to see what the game corresponds to without confirming it. And for reimbursement by microsoft I do not think you can do anything, at most try to call asking for help with support through the microsoft number.
Thema:

1. Can Microsoft cancel a used game code? - Similar Threads - Microsoft cancel used

2. Stornieren eines versehentlichen Kaufes im Microsoft Store[Cancel an accidental purchase in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stornieren eines versehentlichen Kaufes im Microsoft Store[Cancel an accidental purchase in...: Hallo zusammen, ich wollte einem Freund von mir die "Sea of Thieves Anniversary Edition" schenken und habe mir das Pack aus Versehen selbst gekauft ... Ich hab schon versucht es zu stornieren,...
  3. Cancellation of Microsoft XBox 360 Gold Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cancellation of Microsoft XBox 360 Gold Account: Good day Can anyone assist me on how to cancel/terminate this account? I am paying every month but we are not utilizing this service. thank you Patricia South Africa...
  4. Microsoft quiere cancelar y borrar mi cuenta.. (Mod Translation: Microsoft wants to cancel...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft quiere cancelar y borrar mi cuenta.. (Mod Translation: Microsoft wants to cancel...: as it is possible that microsotf wants to cancel my account and my gamertag by putting a profile picture of an animated cartoon of SAM BIGOTES, this happens last night and today they send a...
  5. I need help to escalate canceling a microsoft store physical xbox game preorder ASAP...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I need help to escalate canceling a microsoft store physical xbox game preorder ASAP...: I can already escalated my problem with claim #[Mod Removed-Personal Information] but I have received no response. I am just simply trying to cancel my entire MIcrosoft store order #[Mod...
  6. How to cancel a Gift Card ordered using Microsoft Reward points and get a refund?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How to cancel a Gift Card ordered using Microsoft Reward points and get a refund?: I ordered a 5$ Chipotle Gift Card (https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/redeem/all) using 6500 Microsoft Reward points by mistake. How to cancel it and get a refund back to my rewards account?...
  7. Microsoft tooks the money for the gamepass but I canceled

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft tooks the money for the gamepass but I canceled: Microsoft tooks the money from my account, but I canceled the subscription before the end of the free trial. What can I do to get my money back ? This is not normal....
  8. Microsoft Solitaire Collection Events Keep Getting Retry and Must Cancel

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection Events Keep Getting Retry and Must Cancel: I play Microsoft Solitaire Collection daily and the Events (the challenges) every other day. Since Microsoft Solitaire Collection updated, I keep getting a Retry, Connection Lost and must Cancel...
  9. Microsoft tooks the money for the gamepass but I canceled

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft tooks the money for the gamepass but I canceled: Microsoft tooks the money from my account, but I canceled the subscription before the end of the free trial. What can I do to get my money back ? This is not normal....
  10. Xbox Live rewards being cancelled and change to Microsoft Rewards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live rewards being cancelled and change to Microsoft Rewards: hello I've been an Xbox Live and Microsoft Rewards member for over 5 years obviously like everyone else in the last month I found out Xbox LIVE Rewards is going to be gone in June I saved up 1880...