Can Minecraft purchased from microsoft for windows 10 version play on line with Java edition?

Discus and support Can Minecraft purchased from microsoft for windows 10 version play on line with Java edition? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi all, my son (microsoft for windows 10) is trying to play with his friends .(JAVA) Can we do any adjustments for it to work? Thanks... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ilanavitsur, Oct 13, 2019.

1. ilanavitsur
    ilanavitsur Guest

Can Minecraft purchased from microsoft for windows 10 version play on line with Java edition?

Hi all,

my son (microsoft for windows 10) is trying to play with his friends

.(JAVA)

Can we do any adjustments for it to work?

Thanks

:)

ilanavitsur, Oct 13, 2019
  2. ChaoticLlama42 Win User

Minecraft windows 10 edition, export map to Desktop version of minecraft.

To my knowledge the windows 10 version of Minecraft is written in C++ compared to java so it wont be compatible as the windows 10 version is a UWP app which allows it to play with Xbox one and PC while the java version is standalone, you can export worlds
    from xbox to windows 10 but not from windows 10 version to java, I hope that clears up your concern
  3. soxfan014 Win User

Minecraft will not open via launcher, only through microsoft store.

Hello mimim2,

The Minecraft launcher you are referring to is only for the Java edition of Minecraft. The Java edition and Windows 10, are two separate games. In order to launch and play Minecraft from the launcher you are using in the last image, you must buy the Java
    edition from the site, not the Windows 10 version. Minecraft Java Edition | Minecraft. Annoying I know, but when Microsoft acquired Minecraft they released
    their own version of the game on their platform. Hope this helps

-
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

Minecraft Dungeons

there are 2 versions, minecraft windows 10 version and mojang minecraft java edition, these are 2 completely seperate games if you purchase the mojang one you still need to purchase the windows 10 version if you want that one.
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Cant change my Minecraft skin or redeem windows 10

Hi Airwreck14,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. In regard to the Minecraft: Java edition, if you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018, can get this edition for free by requesting it from Mojang. If you did
    not, then you would be required to purchase the Minecraft: Windows 10 edition in order to obtain that version of Minecraft & change the skin. Minecraft: Java and the Windows 10 version are 2 separately coded versions of the game.

This article from Mojang Support can help further explain why this is happening:

Mojang Support - Minecraft for Windows 10

I hope that this helps out. Let us know if you have any further questions.
  6. XIPARKYXI Win User

Minecraft version windows10 how to change to java edition

Hi,

I mistakenly purchased for my child the minecraft's windows 10 version and I would to know if its possible to change to Minecraft's Java edition version.

thanks very much for helping me.
    Windows 10 minecraft and java edition are both two different types of Editions unfortunately you would have to buy the java edition on the minecraft website.
Thema:

1. Can Minecraft purchased from microsoft for windows 10 version play on line with Java edition? - Similar Threads - Minecraft purchased microsoft

2. Minecraft store purchases gone after Microsoft Account login on PS4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft store purchases gone after Microsoft Account login on PS4: Hello, I have a problem I can't seem to get fixed. I purchased some StarWars and Jurassic World expansions for my son to play on my PS4 using the in-game Minecraft store. Because my son wanted...
  3. Minecraft lost purchases after adding microsoft account on ipad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft lost purchases after adding microsoft account on ipad: Hi I just signed up for a microsoft account for my daughter's Minecraft on iPad When i logged into the microsoft account, all the purchases she had previously made are missing. Can she move...
  4. minecraft mobile and win 10 purchased on the same microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft mobile and win 10 purchased on the same microsoft account: how do I make them display two different user names i did buy 2 games but can only play one at a time online 6ac11826-0f5c-42da-bc80-77398cf6c82f
  5. Unable to link Minecraft purchases to my Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to link Minecraft purchases to my Microsoft account: I own mimecraft on PS4 and Nintendo Switch. A few days ago, I logged out of my microsoft account on my switch and the next time I loaded up minecraft for my Ps4, all purchases were gone. This...
  6. Sync/transfer Minecraft worlds and purchases from iPad to Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sync/transfer Minecraft worlds and purchases from iPad to Microsoft account: Looking for actual response Microsoft!! Still a problem. Microsoft (XBF Brad A) closed this thread instead of helping or providing a link with a fix:...
  7. I purchased minecraft from Microsoft Live and can't get the redeem code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased minecraft from Microsoft Live and can't get the redeem code: We are disputing via credit card after phoning and being cut off; emailing with no response so many issues This is disgusting service I am home schooling because of covid and this is now...
  8. Minecraft purchased for pc from Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft purchased for pc from Microsoft store: Hi, i purchased the minecraft game and have my order number. I had to replace my hard drive on my pc and cannot get Minecraft the full version back. I only have the demo now. Can someone please...
  9. Purchased Minecraft for Microsoft 10 for my child on his family account. Can't find it to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Minecraft for Microsoft 10 for my child on his family account. Can't find it to...: I have purchased Minecraft for my child using a family account - I gave permission to buy it for him and I can not figure out how to download it. Its not showing in his account. It's showing in my...
  10. Minecraft store purchases gone after wrong Microsoft Account login and saved to MS from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft store purchases gone after wrong Microsoft Account login and saved to MS from...: Hello, I installed Minecraft on a Nintendo switch lite and my son played for 6 months. During that time I gave him minecoins and so on. He had loads of saved content. He got logged out of his...