Can Minecraft purchased from microsoft for windows 10 version play on line with Java edition?

Discus and support Can Minecraft purchased from microsoft for windows 10 version play on line with Java edition? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi all, my son (microsoft for windows 10) is trying to play with his friends .(JAVA) Can we do any adjustments for it to work? Thanks... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ilanavitsur, Oct 13, 2019.

1. ilanavitsur
    ilanavitsur Guest

Can Minecraft purchased from microsoft for windows 10 version play on line with Java edition?

Hi all,

my son (microsoft for windows 10) is trying to play with his friends

.(JAVA)

Can we do any adjustments for it to work?

Thanks

:)

ilanavitsur, Oct 13, 2019
  2. ChaoticLlama42 Win User

Minecraft windows 10 edition, export map to Desktop version of minecraft.

To my knowledge the windows 10 version of Minecraft is written in C++ compared to java so it wont be compatible as the windows 10 version is a UWP app which allows it to play with Xbox one and PC while the java version is standalone, you can export worlds
    from xbox to windows 10 but not from windows 10 version to java, I hope that clears up your concern
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Cant change my Minecraft skin or redeem windows 10

Hi Airwreck14,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. In regard to the Minecraft: Java edition, if you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018, can get this edition for free by requesting it from Mojang. If you did
    not, then you would be required to purchase the Minecraft: Windows 10 edition in order to obtain that version of Minecraft & change the skin. Minecraft: Java and the Windows 10 version are 2 separately coded versions of the game.

This article from Mojang Support can help further explain why this is happening:

Mojang Support - Minecraft for Windows 10

I hope that this helps out. Let us know if you have any further questions.
  4. SalernoSilva Win User

Minecraft JavaEdition

I bought the Windows 10 version of Minecraft by mistake, but the one I wanted was the java edition.

I saw that anyone who buys minecraft java edition is entitled to minecraft Windows 10. Is the reverse also true? Who buys minecraft windows 10 is entitled to minecraft java edition?

If so, how do I access the java edition version at no additional cost?
  5. TheNexusGen Win User

Will I get minecraft free on minecraft.net if I bought in on the windows store?

As someone who has Minecraft for both Xbox One and Windows (both Win 10 version and the Java version) I can answer this.

Poli5hesBubble: When the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version) of the Minecraft entered public Beta in 2015/2016, owners of the pre-existing Java version were given a key to download and own the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version) for free, as
    they already owned it for PC (in Java form). However, this does NOT work in reverse; if you bought the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version), you will NOT be given a free copy of the Java version.

KyleCBlanchard: Similar to the answer for Poli5hedBubble, if you own the Java version from Minecraft.net, you should be able to go to your Mojang account, log in and see a key that, once entered into the Windows Store or at redeem.microsoft.com, will allow
    you download the free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition for free.
  6. Vashke Win User

When can java Minecraft owners start getting windows 10 codes again?

try the Microsoft store. Your purchases will show up there. Bedrock and windows 10 versions were separate purchases from the java version.
Thema:

1. Can Minecraft purchased from microsoft for windows 10 version play on line with Java edition? - Similar Threads - Minecraft purchased microsoft

2. Purchased Windows 10 Minecraft Master Collection and it will not install.

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased Windows 10 Minecraft Master Collection and it will not install.: This should not be this hard. I purchased Mine craft Windows 10 Master Collection on 2/11/2020. Although the Microsoft Store says we own it, when I try to install it from the "manage" screen, it...
  3. How to purchase a separate minecraft game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to purchase a separate minecraft game: Up until now, both computers have been using the same minecraft game. I want to purchase a separate game on this computer so the kids can play together on the LAN and on the internet. I have...
  4. Trying to purchase a second copy of Minecraft xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to purchase a second copy of Minecraft xbox live: My grandchildren have been using minecraft for several years now, but there is just one game, installed on both computers. They can't both play together or with friends on line because it's just...
  5. Minecraft Bedrock 1.14.1 has lost all purchased content

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Bedrock 1.14.1 has lost all purchased content: I have Minecraft for both Windows10 and the Switch (the actual Minecraft, not the old Nintendo Switch edition). Both of these have been updated to v1.14.1, and in both cases all my previous...
  6. minecraft를 잘못 구매하였습니다. 환불이 가능한가요? [I purchased minecraft incorrectly. Can I get a refund?]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft를 잘못 구매하였습니다. 환불이 가능한가요? [I purchased minecraft incorrectly. Can I get a refund?]: 마인크래프트를 구매하 싶어 구매를 하였는데 java edtion을 구매를 원했는데 windows10 edtion을 구매 해버 습니다. 결 한지는 2시간 10여분 가량 지난 상태 입니다. 사용하지않아 바로 삭 를 한 상태이 삭 하였다는 사진도 소지하 있습니다. 이거 환불이 가능한가요? 객지원팀에서 채팅상담도 불가하 화도 받지않아 이 게라도 글을...
  7. Compra fallida Minecraft [Mod Translation - Failed Minecraft purchase]

in XBoX on Windows
    Compra fallida Minecraft [Mod Translation - Failed Minecraft purchase]: Hemos intentado comprar Minecraft, pero no nos deja por un error con la tarjeta. Sin embargo se ha hecho el cargo dos veces en la cuenta. Me gustaría saber como recuperar ese dinero. Gracias [Mod...
  8. can Microsoft Gift Cards be used to purchase Premium Minecraft Java Account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can Microsoft Gift Cards be used to purchase Premium Minecraft Java Account?: If I have a Microsoft Gift Card, can I purchase Minecraft Premium Account Java Edition? I would like to use the points I have on Microsoft Rewards to get a Microsoft Gift Card to purchase the...
  9. Minecraft store purchases gone after Microsoft Account login on Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft store purchases gone after Microsoft Account login on Nintendo Switch: Hello, I have a problem I can't seem to get fixed. I got Minecraft on Nintendo Switch and bought some Minecraft Coins to get a Texture Pack in the ingame store. Because I wanted to try online...
  10. CANNOT ADD PURCHASED COPY OF MINECRAFT TO MICROSOFT PRIVATE STORE

in XBoX on Consoles
    CANNOT ADD PURCHASED COPY OF MINECRAFT TO MICROSOFT PRIVATE STORE: The issue is when I try to add the 500 user purchased copy to our private store, it defaults to the free unlimited versions that we had signed up for at:...