Can Multiple Accounts Be Set as Home Accounts on Xbox One?

Discus and support Can Multiple Accounts Be Set as Home Accounts on Xbox One? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My roommates and I share an Xbox One, and more than one of us have a Gold account. We all want to set the one Xbox One as our home account so that any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BlackfootFour, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Can Multiple Accounts Be Set as Home Accounts on Xbox One?

My roommates and I share an Xbox One, and more than one of us have a Gold account. We all want to set the one Xbox One as our home account so that any games we individually purchase, we would be able to play offline on any of the multiple accounts. If I
    set another Gold account as home for this Xbox One that already has a gold account set as Home, will it mess up any of the licenses for the games that the first account has purchased?

:)

BlackfootFour, Mar 2, 2015
  2. IndieRock
    IndieRock Guest
    Have i got lucky or is there an explanation?

A single console can have multiple accounts set it as their home console. So yes, it is because your console is still set as their home console.

IndieRock, Mar 2, 2015
  3. Mr Surti
    Mr Surti Guest
    Xbox Live Gold Subscription/connectivity issues on my console only

Issue was resolved - multiple accounts were set as home xbox,

Mr Surti, Mar 2, 2015
  4. zer0w1n
    zer0w1n Guest

Only one account can be set as the home account for your Xbox One. Therefore, if you set up your account as the home account and there is an existing home account already set, his account will no longer be the home account. Your account will now be the home
    account, and only your games can be accessed by everyone using the same console. The previous home account's games will no longer be accessible to anyone but him.

zer0w1n, Mar 3, 2015
  5. Wolfie McG Win User

Game sharing

Multiple people can set the same console as their home Xbox, but an account can only have one home Xbox.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Xbox Principals

An account can only set 1 console as their Home at a time. Multiple accounts can set a console as their Home console, but I'm unsure if there is a limit.
  7. zer0w1n Win User

Only one account can be set as the home account for your Xbox One. Therefore, if you set up your account as the home account and there is an existing home account already set, his account will no longer be the home account. Your account will now be the home
    account, and only your games can be accessed by everyone using the same console. The previous home account's games will no longer be accessible to anyone but him.
  8. Smwutches Win User

Home Xbox issue

The Home Xbox is only a setting on the One, so it would not extend to the 360. The only way to "release" your account from being set as Home on someone else's console is to set your own console as your Home.

Multiple accounts can set a console as their Home. So that shouldn't be an issue.
  9. Smwutches Win User

Bought a Second hand Xbox One with games pre-installed

Multiple accounts can set a console as their Home. Setting a console as your Home would only remove the Home setting for your own account from another console if you had another console set as your Home. It won't effect any other accounts on the console.
Thema:

1. Can Multiple Accounts Be Set as Home Accounts on Xbox One? - Similar Threads - Multiple Accounts Set

2. Question about multiple accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about multiple accounts: Greetings...my son has fortnite on xbox, ipad and his iphone. He has one account linked to my email and one to his moms email. Which both are then linked to separate epic accounts...he does not...
  3. Account management with multiple emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account management with multiple emails: Hello, When I attempt to visit Xbox / MS Insider / etc. their site always automatically assumes I want to log in using my hotmail account. If I sign out and use the correct account (Gmail),...
  4. How to have multiple accounts and only pay for one

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to have multiple accounts and only pay for one: My two son both have there own xbox ones. They both have gamer tag / user names. They go back and forth playing on both machines with there user names. How can i get both to go on xbox live at the...
  5. Playing Halo with multiple accounts on the same PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Playing Halo with multiple accounts on the same PC: I bought Halo MCC via the Windows store and installed it expecting that the children would also be able to play it. However it isn't showing up on any of the children's start menus and I can't see...
  6. Multiple email addresses on account help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple email addresses on account help: Hi all I'm a parent of an avid Xboxer and he's used my Microsoft account for years now (as when he started he was only 7 so I wanted to oversee). And of course now we're at the stage that he's...
  7. Multiple Accounts on the same Email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Accounts on the same Email: Hey so a friend of mine is having issues, he had an account for several years with money and information on it. However we had to reset his xbox 1 as an error came up, now whenever he tries to use...
  8. Multiple Accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Multiple Accounts: Hello, I noticed when I logged into my Microsoft account on a desktop, it showed the my account was logged into multiple Xboxes. I went and removed thee Xboxes I did not own from my account on the...
  9. How to set up family account for multiple users?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set up family account for multiple users?: Hello, we are new users and new to the XBox platform. 1. How do we set up a family account with multiple members, so the family member can just select their profile and begin playing? It asks for...
  10. Tired of having to set up multiple email accounts for xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tired of having to set up multiple email accounts for xbox live: Microsoft, I already have a dedicated email set up for my xbox live account, I am sick and tired of having to set up multiple accounts just to access my xbox live. If you want to add the OPTION...