Can no longer launch Among Us

Discus and support Can no longer launch Among Us in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had a problem DLing 'AMONG US' from Windows Store in June 2021, and eventually reloaded Windows, which allowed me to DL Among US. I haven't used it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jean Valjean, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Jean Valjean
    Jean Valjean Guest

I had a problem DLing 'AMONG US' from Windows Store in June 2021, and eventually reloaded Windows, which allowed me to DL Among US. I haven't used it for a few months, but today when I tried to launch it, it takes me to Gaming Services.

Per online help, I deleted and re-installed Gaming Services, but the problem remains. I also reset Windows Store and all the other fixes I could find, but no joy. I then made a backup and reloaded Windows, and it got worse. Not only could I not DL "Among US," but Minecraft would not fully download. The symptom is a message that the problem is on MS end, but no error code.

I restored my backup, so at least Minecraft works. Is the Windows Store completely broken? Any ideas on why launching AMONG US takes me to Gaming Services? W10 Pro Build 19043.1348

Thanks,

Dennis

:)

Jean Valjean, Nov 28, 2021
  2. Jean Valjean Win User

Thank you for your response!

I did all those steps yesterday, and I just did them again, per your suggestions. The problem remains: when I launch AMONG US, it takes me to GAMING SERVICES. As I mentioned, I deleted and reinstalled GAMING SERVICES yesterday, and now again today. When I launch AMONG US, it still takes me to GAMING SERVICES.

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers has not helped.

Dennis

P.S. As I also mentioned, reinstalling Windows yesterday didn't help either.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

So, just with Among Us.

That's very odd. I believe the game isn't recognizing the gaming services. Jean, could you try to do a procedure real quick?

First you will uninstall the game, then you will do a clean boot on your PC, this prevents any services from interfering with the installation you will do. Then, you will try to install it again and test it, ok?

Right-click the Start button.

Click Search.

Type msconfig and hit Enter on your keyboard.

Click Services.

Click the checkbox next to Hide all Microsoft services.

Click Disable all.

Click Startup.

Click Open Task Manager.

Click any startup program you suspect might be interfering.

Click Disable. Repeat steps 9 and 10 for all startup programs.

Click the X to close Task Manager.

Click OK in the System Configuration window.

Restart your PC.

Once your PC restarts, only the essentials will boot. Then, install while in the clean boot environment.
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Jean, how are you today? Hope you're well.

A couple of issues are happening on the Xbox app and Microsoft store with some games indeed.

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then, try to uninstall and install the Xbox app. :)

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  5. Jean Valjean Win User

Yesterday, when I reinstalled W10 to solve this problem, I could not DL MineCraft or Among US. Both games partially loaded, and then stopped with a message that 'the problem is on our end.' but no error code. This happened on a new, fresh Windows 10 Pro up-to-date installation.

After several hours, I gave up and reinstalled my backup, so now Minecraft works. Those are the only two games I own from Windows Store. I am using a Dell Vostro 7500 laptop. This game worked OK last time I used it in September. W10 build 19044.1387

Presently, Minecraft does work, and AMONG US takes me to the GAMING SERVICES application.

Thanks,

Dennis
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

This happens to any other game other than Among Us?
Thema:

1. Can no longer launch Among Us - Similar Threads - longer launch Among

2. No Longer Able to Launch Halo Infinite - Xbox App PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Longer Able to Launch Halo Infinite - Xbox App PC: I have been playing Halo Infinite since the multiplayer beta initially released through the Xbox App for PC. Today, when the campaign released I opened the game to download the campaign while I...
  3. Vudu app no longer works and will not launch

in XboX Insiders
    Vudu app no longer works and will not launch: I have a series x and have a few movies through there app. I'm in alpha skip ahead as well. If we could get this looked at that would be great thanks submitted by /u/GINJABRAD [link] [comments]
  4. Minecraft no longer launches. Has migrating from Java to Microsoft begun?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft no longer launches. Has migrating from Java to Microsoft begun?: My kids have one minecraft account each, so I have tried three different accounts on three different computers - and today none of them are able to start Minecraft. Mojang writes that "With the...
  5. Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition no longer launches

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition no longer launches: I downloaded another game using the xbox game pass, and now Minecraft Dungeons won't launch despite me putting the CD for it in. A screen appears saying "the person who bought this needs to sign...
  6. Game Freezes, then won't launch, and audio on other games no longer works (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Freezes, then won't launch, and audio on other games no longer works (Xbox Series X): So, this has been happening at least 1-2 times a week since purchase. While playing PvZ: Battle for Neighborville the game will sometimes completely freeze. Xbox is still responsive, I can to...
  7. Games no longer launching

in XBoX on Windows
    Games no longer launching: I recently had games installed and working and now the don't work. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling and keeps on showing error code. it keeps on popping up loading Microsoft then comes up...
  8. No longer able to launch downloaded games that I purchased.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No longer able to launch downloaded games that I purchased.: Several games (Forza Horizon 4) and other... fail to launch app on Xbox OneX. Any ideas on how to overcome this? Have tried all of the standard trouble shooting steps Microsoft offers....
  9. games no longer launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    games no longer launch: Hi, i have PCgame pass beta, my games each time you make update of gamepass or whatever, i can't launch my game; it's not serious. I have a low connexion, i can reloadd 80 g each week by games . i...
  10. Windows 10 Minecraft in VR no longer launches

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Minecraft in VR no longer launches: Hey guys, I had Minecraft running in my Oculus Rift a while ago, well before Christmas, but recently I went back to take another look at it with the new Ray Tracing support coming soon...