Can no longer set up my TV as a device/TV App no longer opens

Discus and support Can no longer set up my TV as a device/TV App no longer opens in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay so after I downloaded the update, I could no longer control my TV with my voice. I performed a soft reset and this fixed the issue. A couple days... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JackBauer201, Feb 21, 2014.

1. JackBauer201
    JackBauer201 Guest

Okay so after I downloaded the update, I could no longer control my TV with my voice. I performed a soft reset and this fixed the issue. A couple days later, I noticed that "Xbox Turn Off" wouldn't work properly so I soft reset my console again. Since then,
    device set up does not work and now the TV app will not even open. I unplugged my console last night and turned it back on this morning and it still does not work.

Has anyone else had this issue?

:)

JackBauer201, Feb 21, 2014
  2. JPep715
    JPep715 Guest
    i need help

I press menu button, go to settings and select tv and oneguide and it just says tv takes too long tostart. No menu to troubleshoot or set up my devices again

JPep715, Feb 21, 2014
  3. xbox won't turn on TV

Turning on my Xbox no longer turns on my TV and cable box. Tried going to tv app settings but get the sorry app took too long message. What's up?

THE ACE MAGNUM, Feb 21, 2014
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Simple Question: How do I switch to the TV?

If you have the sat TV device plugged into your Xbox One's HDMI input, you can begin setting up live TV by going to "My Games & Apps", move down to "Apps", and open "OneGuide".

Follow the steps in OneGuide to set up your live TV.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

now tv on xbox360

Now TV is a UK only app. If it is no longer available from the app store on the Xbox 360, then it will no longer be available on that console.
  6. herosquad Win User

Tv won't work on my xbox one.

After the update my Vizio tv can no longer be controlled or turn on/off by the Xbox One. It was working fine before 5 he update. It won't let me set it up like before since Xbox recognizes my TV.
  7. XBF Diego M Win User

NowTV issue

Hi #Nat#,

Now TV is no longer supported on the Xbox 360. The only console's that Now TV supports at this time are Xbox One and PS4 as shown on their
    site. Since Now TV no longer supports their service on the Xbox 360, Microsoft removed the app for download on the Xbox 360 marketplace.

Check out the link I included for alternative devices that you can use instead of the Xbox 360 console.
  8. Jbaker1225 Win User

Xbox one S, Netflix dims screen when HDR is enabled

Yep. The TV goes into HDR mode when you open Netflix before you start viewing any HDR content. Then it screws up the colors for everything else on the Xbox until you hard reset, or change your output or TV settings. There's another, longer thread about it.
Thema:

1. Can no longer set up my TV as a device/TV App no longer opens - Similar Threads - longer set device

2. No longer able to play a game I have paid for?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer able to play a game I have paid for?: Hello, I pre-ordered NASCAR Heat 4 Gold Edition which released last Tuesday & have been playing it without a problem ever since until today. When I try to start the game a screen pops up that says...
  3. Manage saves and add-ons. Add-ons are no longer in ready to install section.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Manage saves and add-ons. Add-ons are no longer in ready to install section.: So it is with great sadness that the add-ons are no longer available under ready to install section for any games. Seeing this, now it is 100% impossible to download very important DLCs if they...
  4. Preview Alpha Participant - I no longer have the new Home layout?

in XboX Insiders
    Preview Alpha Participant - I no longer have the new Home layout?: Has this happened to anyone else? I did have the new Home layout (which I profusely loved) but now have gone back to the standard Home following updates. submitted by /u/iRedders [link] [comments]
  5. head set not being XBOX are no longer working

in XBoX on Consoles
    head set not being XBOX are no longer working: it is really unfortunate that because of a recent XBOX update we can no longer use head sets that are not labelled XBOX i have been waisting time trying to fix the situation, I have called 3...
  6. Xbox screen time settings no longer working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox screen time settings no longer working: Hi all I am having huge issues getting xbox scredn time settings to now work on my sons account. I have checked other forums and tried various solutions but none seem to work. The issue i am...
  7. Dolby Atmos setting for headphones setting only worked once; no longer works

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos setting for headphones setting only worked once; no longer works: The Dolby Atmos for headphones setting no longer works; it gives me an error code when I try to select this option and tells me to check my receiver even though I'm connected to my pad through...
  8. Hulu app no longer restricts content to age limit set on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hulu app no longer restricts content to age limit set on Xbox: Hulu doesn't have parental controls per its website, and states the controls on the console should control the app. It has until recently. Now under my family account, Hulu will not run without...
  9. Subtitles setting is no longer preserved (always defaults to off)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subtitles setting is no longer preserved (always defaults to off): I watch Netflix with subtitles enabled, and recently, the app has started requiring that I turn them on everytime I start or resume playback. This seems to have been a result of an attempt to fix...
  10. Xbox One beam update - DNS settings no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One beam update - DNS settings no longer work: My Xbox One S loaded the automatic update for beam yesterday. I use Unlocator to change my DNS settings manually, but something has happened with this update and my US services (e.g. Hulu) no...