Can no longer use voice to text to send messages

Discus and support Can no longer use voice to text to send messages in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; With the new update can no longer send messages using voice to text.. The option is no longer on the keyboard. Anyone else having this issue? I've... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/redroverdover, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Can no longer use voice to text to send messages

With the new update can no longer send messages using voice to text.. The option is no longer on the keyboard.

Anyone else having this issue?

I've gotten really comfortable and used to using voice to text so we would really suck if it's gone for good.

submitted by /u/redroverdover
    [link] [comments]

/u/redroverdover, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Galactic Geek Win User

xbone party chat help please

No, you can't. You can send text messages, but not voice messages. Sorry... :(
  3. VorteX ScouT OG Win User

PRIVACY Suggestion - Messages≠Voice

Yes, there should be a split in the options between voices messages and text messages on Xbox One. I like being able to send and receive text messages between all people, but don’t like getting voice messages from angry kids. I should be able to have the
    ability to send text messages to all, but not be able to send or receive voice messages or at least only to friends.
  4. Epic Louie Win User

Voice messages...

I'm not a fan of voice messages. I never used it on the Xbox 360. I've always preferred sending text messages instead over voice messages.
  5. Windows10XboxOne Win User

Party Chat and Voice messages

Ummm okay sending voice messages is much more convenient than sending text using the Xbox controller.
  6. eG x Thee Elf Win User

xboxone/xbox360

No. Cross-platform gaming and voice chat (messaging and party) using the Xbox chat system are not possible. You can send text messages or use Skype cross-platform though.
Thema:

Can no longer use voice to text to send messages

1. Can no longer use voice to text to send messages - Similar Threads - longer voice text

2. Astro A50s no longer work at all after the latest preview alpha build

in XboX Insiders
    Astro A50s no longer work at all after the latest preview alpha build: I've had these Astro A50s connect to my Xbox one for years now. Used to have it connected to my xbox one and now I've moved it onto my one x. Never had an issue until today. Now no optical sound...
  3. Outer Wilds MixPot reward no longer launching

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Outer Wilds MixPot reward no longer launching: I got Outer "Wilds" (not Outer "Worlds" to avoid confusion) from a Mixer Mixpot for E3 2018, played it on Sept. 24th with no issue then suddenly on Sept 25th it says I'm too early and to check the...
  4. Netflix and Hulu navigation type voice commands no longer work.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix and Hulu navigation type voice commands no longer work.: I noticed it after the update that brought us Cortana that I could no use any of the menu navigation commands in Hulu or Netflix. I've done full restarts and such and have switched between regular...
  5. TV pvr voice commands no longer working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    TV pvr voice commands no longer working: For some reason my voice commands for tv pvr functionality have stopped work, When I say "Xbox pause", I get a message at the top of the screen saying "Unable to pause from current location" but...
  6. Play/Pause voice commands no longer work for Live tV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Play/Pause voice commands no longer work for Live tV: I used to be able to say 'xbox pause' and 'xbox play' to play/pause live TV - it would send the tivo remote code which play/pauses the TV. It was great! This no longer functions - the xbox just...
  7. Xbox One Headset Will No Longer Pick Up My Voice After Router Reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Headset Will No Longer Pick Up My Voice After Router Reset: I was enjoying a game with a friend, both of us using our mics and hearing each other perfectly fine in the in-game voice chat. I started to suffer connecting issues and restarted my router. I...
  8. Xbox Voice Commands no longer working with Netflix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Voice Commands no longer working with Netflix: I used to be able to control Netflix using voice commands only. I could open the app, select a profile, navigate the interface, and control the app using only voice commands. It was lovely. Now,...
  9. (Major Software/Update Problem) Kinect No Longer Recognizes My Voice 90% of the Time, Works ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Major Software/Update Problem) Kinect No Longer Recognizes My Voice 90% of the Time, Works ...: Really hope to get an answer from someone at Xbox about this as I made a Reddit post at it seems I'm not alone. VERY recently (a few weeks ago) I noticed my Kinect (which has always worked great)...
  10. Xbox no longer turns off with voice control after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox no longer turns off with voice control after update: I have re calibrated the Kinect several times and it has not helped. I can turn the system on with my voice, go into apps, games, TV and everything else with my voice with no issues. I can say...