can not download game disc

Discus and support can not download game disc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i bought a call of duty ghost and several other games they all download except call of duty and i have plenty of storage. i have uninstalled and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FREDRICKSLADE, Jan 28, 2014.

1. can not download game disc

i bought a call of duty ghost and several other games they all download except call of duty and i have plenty of storage. i have uninstalled and reinstalled but still will not download.

:)

FREDRICKSLADE, Jan 28, 2014
  2. Elohmn
    Elohmn Guest
    Can you download a game from your disc to hardrive???

No, you cannot "Download" a Game from Disc. You can Install a Game Disc. Installing a Game does not negate having to use the Disc though.

Elohmn, Jan 28, 2014
  3. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    can you install one game while playing another

@M Bierce

You can't play a disc game while installing another disc game

But you can play a disc game while another is downloading, play a download while installing a disc or play a download while installing another download.

Malacath, Jan 28, 2014
  4. Malacath Win User

can you install one game while playing another

@M Bierce

You can't play a disc game while installing another disc game

But you can play a disc game while another is downloading, play a download while installing a disc or play a download while installing another download.
  5. blademastrr Win User

Xbox one game sharing

can i play disc based games without the disc, in other words can i download the disc to the xbox and then use it on any console without the disc
  6. Elohmn Win User

Can you download a game from your disc to hardrive???

No, you cannot "Download" a Game from Disc. You can Install a Game Disc. Installing a Game does not negate having to use the Disc though.
  7. ArminatorX Win User

Digital only console

Since you still can buy "non-digital" consoles with disc drive, you can still get such a console if you want to keep your disc based games. The consoles with disc drive can also be used to download games digitally.

As for getting a digital version for your disc purchase, that probably won't happen, as the publishers would face the problem of their game not selling anymore.

Imagine a person buying the game on disc. Then telling Microsoft, they went digital, get the download version for free, and then sell the disc.

The new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

etc...

Eventually, the whole world owns the game digitally, but the game was really only sold once, causing a huge loss for the game's publisher.

So if you still want to keep your discs, simply don't buy the all digital version of the Xbox One console.
  8. WPAK Win User

Next wave of backward compatible games?

If you own the disc of a supported 360 game for backwards compatibility you can insert the disc that will trigger the download for the game, when installed you can play that speed game as long as the disc is inserted
Thema:

can not download game disc

1. can not download game disc - Similar Threads - download game disc

2. Why won't my xbox download games on disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my xbox download games on disc?: I just got R.E.7. yesterday and it made it to 49% then stopped. I went to reboot it and saw that the power brick light was orange so I rebooted and cooled down the brick. I went back this morning...
  3. X Box One S games, downloadable or cartridge/disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X Box One S games, downloadable or cartridge/disc: Can games be downloaded or do they need to be hard i.e. physical objects that go in the console? b2d2aa5c-e138-47b1-8569-d3e1c087c057
  4. Download Xbox games from disc to hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download Xbox games from disc to hard drive: Hi, I just made this discussion to see what you guys think about this; If you were able to download Xbox games from the game disc to the Xbox hard drive. I don't think they should have it, because...
  5. Xbox 1 S not playing any game disc or download no error screen or code.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 1 S not playing any game disc or download no error screen or code.: So I just picked up a 1 S used which was working fine before reset. Since reset yesterday it won't play any games, neither dc or disc. I am wondering is this due to the Xbox live issues going on...
  6. Games with disc and download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games with disc and download: Hi, maybe my question can seem stupid but... if I buy a game in a store (so I have the disc) can I also download that game by xbox store to have a digital copy? e0cb00fb-8f36-4f09-91d2-181ecfdbf509
  7. Why won't my Xbox One won't download games on discs?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Xbox One won't download games on discs?: My Xbox One won't download the game discs I put it. I've tried almost everything. I've tried restarting the whole console several times, I've tried deleting my account off of my brother-in-law's...
  8. Game on disc not downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game on disc not downloading: I recently purchased Watch Dogs 2 and Far Cry 5 for the Xbox one and when I inserted Watch Dogs 2 nothing happened. It didn't say it was downloading and it didn't say there were any errors either....
  9. neither my downloaded or disc games will work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    neither my downloaded or disc games will work: Hi hope someone can shed some light on my problem, none of my digital or disc games will load up, I get to the "press A to start game" page but nothing happens when I press the A button it just...
  10. Why does my downloaded game say "this disc is unreadable"?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my downloaded game say "this disc is unreadable"?: So just yesterday I bought Gta V and and I put it to download, when it completed I got into it and it started downloading some installment packs after the first one downloaded (installment pack...