Can not download Minecraft Java Edition--keeps getting hung up on wanting me to sign into...

Discus and support Can not download Minecraft Java Edition--keeps getting hung up on wanting me to sign into... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased Minecraft Java Edition on our PC for my son and followed the steps to download it, but it keeps stopping at this "Please sign into the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SteveDerricott, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Can not download Minecraft Java Edition--keeps getting hung up on wanting me to sign into...

I purchased Minecraft Java Edition on our PC for my son and followed the steps to download it, but it keeps stopping at this "Please sign into the Microsoft Store" error message. (see first screenshot below) But I AM signed in (as you can see if the upper-right corner of the Microsoft Store page). I clicked "TRY AGAIN" and checked the "I have read and accept the Microsoft Software License Terms" (see second screenshot below) and clicked "INSTALL", and it takes me right back to the same error screen (see third screen shot with this actual "Ask a Question" message in the background that I'm currently typing). Whenever I click on "Click here to sign into the Microsoft Store", it just shows a popup telling me what account I've added to this app, which is the same one I'm currently signed into the Microsoft Store with (see the small fourth screenshot, but I left out my account name). So it's an endless cycle of not recognizing that I actually AM signed into the Microsoft Store and not allowing me to download the game. I even got fed up and tried purchasing the game a SECOND time in case there was some step I messed up along the way, but I just repeated the same cycle.

Please please help me! Thank you.

Steve

Can not download Minecraft Java Edition--keeps getting hung up on wanting me to sign into... [​IMG]

Can not download Minecraft Java Edition--keeps getting hung up on wanting me to sign into... [​IMG]

:)

SteveDerricott, Jan 20, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Can not download Minecraft Java Edition--keeps getting hung up on wanting me to sign into the Microsoft Store

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

This is from Minecraft subreddit;

A new Launcher is being offered for download which supports Xbox Game Pass subscriptions. Unless you have such a subscription we are advising for the present not to install this new Launcher

If you are having issues installing this new Launcher for Windows 10/11, or after installation you are unable to log in (e.g. it is apparently unavailable on your Windows Store account): please download and install the older Launcher marked as Windows 7/8 from this page - https://minecraft.net/download

The new Launcher for Windows 10/11 has only recently been released, and judging by many posts on the subreddit it is not working correctly for some users. We recommend using the above mentioned older version for Windows 7/8 until these issues are resolved.

If you have successfully installed the new Launcher please see this FAQ https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...
  3. KindGryphon Win User

Java and bedrock edition

Can I get Minecraft: Java Edition for free if I bought Minecraft: Bedrock Edition and i linked the Microsoft account?
    No. The java and bedrock edition are completely separate from eachother so if you want the java edition you will have to purchase it

Source: me. Its what i had to do.
  4. José AV Win User

Minecraft question

Hi there! This is Ronnie, your fellow Xbox gamer.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you have a question about the Minecraft version you want to buy.

The one you are trying to buy there is actually a windows version of Minecraft but it is not the Java version.

To buy Minecraft Java Edition to own, visit Minecraft.net/get-minecraft. You can only purchase the Java edition through the Minecraft website.

Let me know if that helps.
  5. SalernoSilva Win User

Minecraft JavaEdition

I bought the Windows 10 version of Minecraft by mistake, but the one I wanted was the java edition.

I saw that anyone who buys minecraft java edition is entitled to minecraft Windows 10. Is the reverse also true? Who buys minecraft windows 10 is entitled to minecraft java edition?

If so, how do I access the java edition version at no additional cost?
  6. MrQuackDuck Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition is not updating to new versions on my PC.

No, you just sent me link to download Minecraft: Java Edition, but i have issue with Minecraft: Bedrock Edition (Windows 10 Edition) from Microsoft Store.
Thema:

Can not download Minecraft Java Edition--keeps getting hung up on wanting me to sign into...

1. Can not download Minecraft Java Edition--keeps getting hung up on wanting me to sign into... - Similar Threads - download Minecraft Java

2. Downloading Minecraft Java on laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloading Minecraft Java on laptop: HI there, can someone please help my son he bought Minecraft java edition through the Mojang website and has been charged, but we can not play the on his laptop or my PC? when we download it ,...
  3. I am not able to re-download Minecraft Java Edition onto a new computer

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am not able to re-download Minecraft Java Edition onto a new computer: I had originally bought Minecraft on my old computer before I had to migrate my Mojang account into my Microsoft account. I now have a new computer and I am trying to re-download Minecraft Java...
  4. Downloading and installing Minecraft Java on a pc.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Downloading and installing Minecraft Java on a pc.: We have already purchased java edition and installed it on our old laptop which we no longer have. I looks like we need to pay again to install it on the new laptop. When clicking on buy now it...
  5. I've owned Minecraft Java since 2013, yet Microsoft says I can't download it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've owned Minecraft Java since 2013, yet Microsoft says I can't download it?: I have been playing Minecraft Java since I was in middle school, I am now about to graduate. I got the Xbox gamepass about a month ago, and when I cancelled I never noticed anything wrong. I...
  6. Bizarre error when downloading Minecraft Java

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bizarre error when downloading Minecraft Java: I tried to redeem a code for Minecraft Java (for my PC), but I encountered an error at a really weird time, and it looks to have messed up my purchase. Right after I entered in my profile name, I...
  7. PROBLEM: Buy and download Minecraft Java edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PROBLEM: Buy and download Minecraft Java edition: After buying minecraft java edition, I see the payment is reserved to Majong on my bankaccount but we did not receive a download permission. The app showed an error and said to pay again while I...
  8. Can't download Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download Minecraft Java Edition: Hi - I purchased Minecraft Java edition on PC for my son, I have received a confirmation email of the purchase, but the links aren't letting me download it. any suggestion please?...
  9. COMO BAIXAR MAPAS NO MINECRAFT JAVA 1.13.2 NO WINDOWS 10?[How to download maps in MINECRAFT...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COMO BAIXAR MAPAS NO MINECRAFT JAVA 1.13.2 NO WINDOWS 10?[How to download maps in MINECRAFT...: Olá, adquiri o Minecraft Java no site da Mojang para o meu filho. Empresa esta que pertence Microsoft. Não consigo baixar mapas. Já tentei em diversos tutoriais. Alguém poderia ajudar?...
  10. how to download minecraft java edition (window 10 user)+how to login xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to download minecraft java edition (window 10 user)+how to login xbox: i bought minecraft window 10 and i wanna play java edition but i don't know how my friend bought java edition and she downloaded window 10 version to i looked for java edition but i couldn't...