Can not play previously purchased movies on Xbox or on the movies app in Windows: error...

Discus and support Can not play previously purchased movies on Xbox or on the movies app in Windows: error... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Over the years I have purchased close to 100 movies on my Xbox One and I am now unable to play any of them. I was previously able to watch them on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by p0rkch0pexp520, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Can not play previously purchased movies on Xbox or on the movies app in Windows: error...

Over the years I have purchased close to 100 movies on my Xbox One and I am now unable to play any of them. I was previously able to watch them on my Xbox One, Xbox One S, and also on my laptop via the Movies & TV app, but for 3 days now I have not been
    able to watch anything and any device. I get the error code: 0xc101ab66 any time I try to play a purchase. I have also restored my purchases under the settings options in the Movies app, but I am still getting the same error code.

:)

p0rkch0pexp520, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Wolf9733 Win User

Can not play previously purchased movies on Xbox or on the movies app in Windows: error code 0xc101ab66

Over the years I have purchased close to 100 movies on my Xbox One and I am now unable to play any of them. I was previously able to watch them on my Xbox One, Xbox One S, and also on my laptop via the Movies & TV app, but for 3 days now I have
    not been able to watch anything and any device. I get the error code: 0xc101ab66 any time I try to play a purchase. I have also restored my purchases under the settings options in the Movies app, but I am still getting the same error code.
    Hi p0rkch0pexp520

Welcome to the xbox ambassador forum

the problem your having has already been addressed in another post on the forum by a microsoft agent/moderator here is the link to his post it has been marked as answered which means a resoloution had been given i hope this helps

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...movie-tv/69276fae-2311-47ba-9f6b-83f84c771989
  3. Zdubleu Win User

Can not play previously purchased movies on Xbox or on the movies app in Windows: error code 0xc101ab66

4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Connecting an XBox 360 to a windows 10 PC

If you are talking of movies you have purchased from the Films & TV app, then you do not need to do anything, as the Xbox 360 and Windows 10 have their own Films & TV app, just log in on the device you want to watch those movies, and then launch the app.
    Your movies should show.

If you have movies that you have purchased elsewhere and using the app to watch them. You only need to turn on the play to option on the xbox 360, then when you start the app on Windows 10, start a movie, then in the bottom corner of the film there will
    three dots. Select it, and choose cast to device. The Xbox 360 should show up. select it, and it should play on your console.
  5. Liekos Win User

How to download movie from Xbox Video on Xbox One?

FWIW - This also seems to apply to movies previously purchased from the 360. In so far as - if you purchased a movie from Xbox Video at any point, you cannot download it on Xbox One - only stream.

So when they pull the movie from the marketplace, you lose the movies you purchased..
  6. robocopdelta Win User

Unable to purchase movies or television shows

I am in Brazil and I am having the same problem, I can not buy or rent movies and TV shows on Xbox one. I did this in Windows 10 and it worked okay, but I want to watch the movies by xbox, because of the larger TV.

When I try to buy a movie, the error 0x80004003 is showed. And if I try to get into my library to see movies purchased/leased by the computer's browser, the same error appears. That is, the error is both to buy and to watch.

If anyone can help, I'm grateful.
Thema:

Can not play previously purchased movies on Xbox or on the movies app in Windows: error...

1. Can not play previously purchased movies on Xbox or on the movies app in Windows: error... - Similar Threads - play previously purchased

2. Diablo 3 wiped out my previously played characters

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Diablo 3 wiped out my previously played characters: Hey all. I have been playing Diablo 3 for a few years now. Had multiple characters, One day I went to play, and none of my characters were there. Is there a way to bring them back?...
  3. Unable to play previously owned games with gold.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play previously owned games with gold.: My original Xbox One broke down a while ago, so I made the decision to upgrade to an Xbox One S. I had all of my games saved to an external hard drive, so redownloading games was not a problem....
  4. Previously purchased, and played (for literally 30+ hours) DLC packs locked out of nowhere....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previously purchased, and played (for literally 30+ hours) DLC packs locked out of nowhere....: I purchased the Steven Universe mashup pack as well as several skin packs this past year with my Microsoft account, on my Nintendo Switch Edition Minecraft...I decided to dip back into Minecraft...
  5. Games that were removed from the XBOX Store, can I play previous games by playing the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games that were removed from the XBOX Store, can I play previous games by playing the...: If I buy a game that has been removed from the XBOX Store from a long time ago but I didn't buy it which I should have, not saying that I'm out of luck, but is there a chance I can play the...
  6. I have purchased and played GoW4, but I still have not received any tokens for the previous ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I have purchased and played GoW4, but I still have not received any tokens for the previous ...: On October 23rd i bought the Gow4 Xbox One S Limited Edition 2TB Console. I thought that I was supposed to receive tokens which would let me download each of the previous GoW games (1-judgment),...
  7. Previously Purchased Game Won't Play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previously Purchased Game Won't Play: I purchased Tamriel Online from the Microsoft store. I did so from my console and the game is downloaded directly to by hard drive. I have played it many times on this console. I have no issues...
  8. I have previously purchased all map packs. They do NOT show up when playing on xbox one. And ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have previously purchased all map packs. They do NOT show up when playing on xbox one. And ...: I have previously purchased all map packs. They do NOT show up when playing on xbox one. And when I go to the marketplace it says 'installed' so theres nothing I can do. When I access the 360...
  9. Xbox Play Anywhere not allowing access to previously purchased games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Play Anywhere not allowing access to previously purchased games: So I bought a game that clearly states that it is compatible with Xbox play anywhere, but when I try to go to the store and get it with windows 10, it still shows the price like I need to buy it...
  10. Preview not letting me play a game previously purchased.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Preview not letting me play a game previously purchased.: I purchased a game on 3/10/16 and since being a part of xbox preview I can't see nor play this game. 2ca36ba9-4518-4ab8-8ce9-fb649f157c59