Can not recover purchased game in My Library

Discus and support Can not recover purchased game in My Library in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, Bought and downloaded RDR2. It worked fine until today. An error message showed up, telling me the game needs to be connected to my account (... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by olafjass, Sep 15, 2021.

1. olafjass
    olafjass Guest

Hi all,

Bought and downloaded RDR2. It worked fine until today. An error message showed up, telling me the game needs to be connected to my account ( it already was, coz I played it for a few days )

Regardless, after lots of research, it was advised to uninstall and reinstall this game. After uninstall, the game icon was nowhere to be found. I could not even download it from the Microsoft store! They expected me to repurchase the game again.

The purchase is both in my Microsoft payment history and Store Order history. On the Gold Pass site, it even says I own this game.

Now totally out of ideas. I have tried all troubleshooting measures listed on the net, and Xbox site. I also informed Microsoft and requested a refund. (to be used to buy a fresh copy of RDR2). Unfortunately, Microsoft bluntly informed me, that games that have already been played, will not be refunded.

Now I'm in a corner, no game, and lost $54.

Anyone out there with an answer, or a fix? That would be a tremendous appreciation.

Thank you

:)

olafjass, Sep 15, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Thanks for contacting us, it will always be a pleasure to help the community.
  3. olafjass Win User

Hi Mateus,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I tried all the steps on your list twice over without any luck. Actually worked on this issue until 3am ( Thailand time ).

In the end, the whole problem was, that I downloaded the “free” RDR2 online through Game Pass Ultimate. Nobody ( including forums ), had mentioned that in order to play RDR2 story mode, you would need the RDR2 “online” DLC.. Unknowing to me, Game Pass erased this free DLC this month. I did buy the story mode only, but without the DLC.....this game was not downloadable anymore.

I took the chance of purchasing the RDR2 “online” DLC to see if this would resolve the missing Game.

Bingo 😎

Thank you again Mateus

Regards Olli
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

I recommend that you try the solutions below, please.

Solution 1:

Step 1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for at least 10 seconds to open the Power center.

Step 2. Then unplug the power supply from your console and wait for 3 minutes.

Step 3. Plug the power supply back into the Xbox console.

Step 4. Press the Xbox button on the console to turn it on again.

Solution 2:

Go to console settings, general tab>network and internet settings>advanced options>alternative mac address>click clear. After that restart your console.

Solution 3:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

After that restart the console, and add the account again.

*Thank you in advance for contacting us, I hope these solutions can help you.
  5. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

How to reinstall a game that's disappeared from my "ready to install " games.

This has happened to me, the game even in the library appeared to download, I was able to find in the store and there appeared to download, I hope you can recover your game, good luck!
  6. Nathan Jones1 Win User

Game Recovery

You can go to My Games and Apps in the XBox menu>Full Library>All Owned Games and redownload your purchased games
Thema:

1. Can not recover purchased game in My Library - Similar Threads - recover purchased game

2. How to recover progress in jigsaw puzzles?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to recover progress in jigsaw puzzles?: I do sign in to microsoft jigsaw puzzles; and when i turned it on it showed a puzzle at almost 50%so I clicked on it and when it came up it said I was at 0. how can I recover my progress?...
  3. PC Game Pass - Dragon Quest XI - recover save file?

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Game Pass - Dragon Quest XI - recover save file?: I had PC Game Pass from August to November 2020. During that time I played Dragon Quest XI. I cancelled game pass and uninstalled DQXI. Today I re-subscribed to Game Pass. I downloaded DQXI. When...
  4. xbox recording recovering?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox recording recovering?: Hi there, It would be a great pleasure if anyone could solve my problem. I am using Xbox Game bar to record an interview session, however, this time around I am using headphones to communicate....
  5. Recover purchased games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recover purchased games: I bought games in November 2013, August 2014 and February 2015, but the games do not appear in the store so I can download them on my new xbox one, one of the games does not appear in the store,...
  6. Account recovered and Gift card purchased

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account recovered and Gift card purchased: Someone in the USA ( i am from Australia) on the 17th December (i know this from looking up recent activity) recovered my account, changed the password and stole $100 by purchasing a $100 xbox...
  7. I purchased killer instinct definitive edition and was never able to recover my download code ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I purchased killer instinct definitive edition and was never able to recover my download code ...: I already contacted support at Microsoft about the issue with killer instinct definitive edition download code problem . My reference. Number is [Mod Removed] daa56ea3-9511-4145-9295-fd387422d468
  8. Recovering my Fallout 3 code after purchasing Fallout 4

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Recovering my Fallout 3 code after purchasing Fallout 4: I bought Fallout 4 on 11/27/15 through Xbox Live and was supposed to receive a code for Fallout 3 with it. I'm trying to recover that code because I cannot find it within my console anywhere. Any...
  9. Recovering a digital game purchased on xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recovering a digital game purchased on xbox 360: So in 2015 I bought the Telltale Game of Thrones Season Pass on 360 and I'm trying to figure out why I can't access it. It's not in my library even though lots of my other 360 games are and if I...
  10. Trying to recover dl content I purchased in 2011 from gamertag not in use

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to recover dl content I purchased in 2011 from gamertag not in use: I didn't create 2 new accounts since the download because I wanted to. it seems whenever I go offline over a month the gamertag i was using isn't able to get on xboxlive anymore and I have to...