Can only hear party chat through headset Xbox Series X

Discus and support Can only hear party chat through headset Xbox Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today I was playing with a friend when I accidently tugged a bit too hard on the cord for my headset thus damaging them. I went to my PC to test the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Twocoolrye, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Twocoolrye
    Twocoolrye Guest

Today I was playing with a friend when I accidently tugged a bit too hard on the cord for my headset thus damaging them. I went to my PC to test the audio and found that it only plays through the left ear. When I returned to my Xbox I was unable to hear any game audio or menu audio, left only hearing the party chat. I tried with other headsets and other controllers, even updating the first controller but the result was the same. I even went ahead and plugged my controller into my PC and plugged my headset into the controller and heard PC audio through the controller into my headset. However TV audio is completely unaffected. I want to clarify that this is not an issue with my headset as it was the event which damaged them is what caused this, nor was this ever an issue until today. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Twocoolrye, Jun 6, 2021
  2. Reaper RPNT Win User

muted myself yet can still hear and chat

yes my friends have tested it with me in private chat and also party chat and random gamers in call of duty and gears of war forums all confirm that they hear me fine and i can hear them but they can see that im muted and so can i also my headset symbol
    doesnt leave even if i unplug headset on call of duty it still shows headset there and a red x. on party or private the headset symbol has a circle with a line through it
  3. WhileyCoyote00 Win User

CHAT HEADSET STOPPED WORKING AND SOLUTION

@gh0stz. Im having the exact same problem. in party chat if my headset is connected they can hear me but i cannot hear them. However, when I'm not in party chat and the headset is connected, I hear game sound through the headset but no chat sound. let me
    know if you have found a solution
  4. ThumbnailBox451 Win User

Microphones on both of my headsets not working since this week's update

I can't hear anybody through my TB XO One headset, but they can hear me. Game chat is fine, but in party chat it doesn't work. It shows me speaking when I speak, and my friends tell me they can hear me, and if I unplug the headset, I can hear people speaking
    through the TV speakers.

The fact that game chat still works proves that it's Microsoft's software, not my headset, adapter, Xbox or controller.
  5. Mister Beep Win User

headphones

Hey there,

In order to hear game audio through headphones on the Xbox 360, you will need a headset that plugs into the RCA ports on the back of the console. Headsets through the controller will only pick up voice for party/game chat. Hope this helps!
  6. tylerkerr1 Win User

360 game chat not working for Xbox one

Whenever you play a multiplayer game for xbox 360 on xbox one you can hear everyone through your headset but no one can hear you, it is the same with xbox 360 party chat on xbox one
Thema:

1. Can only hear party chat through headset Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - hear party chat

2. How can I turn off hearing the Xbox party chat in my Twitch stream?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I turn off hearing the Xbox party chat in my Twitch stream?: Hi, I just started playing on PC and I was using the Xbox "app?" that comes installed on the desktop. When I'm in a Xbox party chat and I stream, I can hear my friends voice coming through the...
  3. Just switch from console to PC and i have problmes with the party chat, they cant hear me.

in XBoX on Windows
    Just switch from console to PC and i have problmes with the party chat, they cant hear me.: I try to reach Xbox support, they send me a bunch of ports to open on my router. Done Unistall an restall my app. Done Then... They hang upo the phone.... i am pretty new on PC, i need help pls...
  4. People can’t hear me in game chat. Party chat is ok.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    People can’t hear me in game chat. Party chat is ok.: People can’t hear me in game chat but a party chat works fine. I’ve gone through my settings and can’t find anything I’ve set up wrong. Any help would be appreciated...
  5. Xbox One Party Chat - Friends cant hear me but I can hear them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Party Chat - Friends cant hear me but I can hear them: In Party mode my friends cant hear me , but I can hear them. My mic doesn't show as live when I speak - can you help? 0641c542-924b-47a3-a19e-9d17f58a8080
  6. I can talk but my friends can’t hear me though party chat

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can talk but my friends can’t hear me though party chat: On a Friday night when I just got on the the Xbox I was about to play Minecraft with my friends. Before I had no issues until later on I thought my friends was pulling a prank on me that they were...
  7. Friends on Xbox Console hear buzzing coming from my PC mic when using Xbox party chat.

in XBoX on Windows
    Friends on Xbox Console hear buzzing coming from my PC mic when using Xbox party chat.: Although I play games predominantly on my PC, I have many friends who play on Xbox console. Because of this, the most convenient way to communicate while we play cross-platform games together is...
  8. I can hear people in a party chat, but I cannot talk.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear people in a party chat, but I cannot talk.: I can hear Ive tried everything. The conclusion I have come to is that it has something to do with my internet. Things I have made sure of: My mic works fine on my computer and other devices, I...
  9. I can hear but I can’t talk in a party chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear but I can’t talk in a party chat.: I tested this on 3 differant controllers and they all came back with the same result and my headset works perfectly fine on my mac. I also use a turtle beach headset adapter which I thought was...
  10. Can't hear party chat through headset with xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't hear party chat through headset with xbox app on PC: Hello, I have searched for this problem through google and haven't quite found anyone with quite the same problem Maybe I'm not using the right verbage to describe my problem But I recently got...