Can Stream Videos From PC to 360.

Discus and support Can Stream Videos From PC to 360. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to stream a movie(mp4) from my PC to my Xbox 360. The problem is that the movie is on my external hard drive on my PC, and the Xbox 360... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Xarcell, May 24, 2014.

1. Xarcell
    Xarcell Guest

I'm trying to stream a movie(mp4) from my PC to my Xbox 360. The problem is that the movie is on my external hard drive on my PC, and the Xbox 360 seems to only look for movies in the "video" folder?. Is there a solution to this problem?

:)

Xarcell, May 24, 2014
  2. No USB video playback on Xbox One. WTF!!!

How do you stream videos from your pc to xbox? i really dont know , i can only stream youtube from my iPAD to xboxone

RED POLTERGEIST, May 24, 2014
  3. PhilMarck
    PhilMarck Guest
    Do any of you load custom music while playing/browsing/etc?

BlackSilverAce @ You can use a USB stick to load music, or stream from the PC to the console.

-

I've not figured out how PS3 Media Server works correctly to listen to music on 360, it does fine with videos, though.

PhilMarck, May 24, 2014
  4. ferrisma
    ferrisma Guest

What was the solution.? I have the same problem!!

ferrisma, Jun 4, 2014
  5. ferrisma Win User

What was the solution.? I have the same problem!!
  6. The Geeky Panda Win User

Can l upload video files to xbox 360 hard drive?

You cannot upload videos onto your Xbox 360's HDD. You can only stream from a Flash Drive, Buy/Download from the Xbox Live Store, and Stream via Network from a PC.

If you are doing the flash drive route it must be FAT32 formatted and video files must be a certain codec including AVI.

Any and all details can be found here,

support.xbox.com/.../audio-video-playback
  7. IceStorm III Win User

xbox360s drivers

A 360 cannot be connected to a PC via any sort of direct connection as you seem to be describing.

If you're trying to stream video from a PC to a 360, there are several methods to do so. No method requires "drivers".
  8. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

See videos of my pc on my xbox one...

9. Falkon(2) Win User

Streaming

[quote user="BeAr GrYlLs 619"]

Hey guys im in need of some advice if anyone can provide it. For the last two years or so i've been streaming videos from my computer to my xbox and im sick of it. The quality is bad and the audio video sync is usually off. Is there anything I can buy that
    can do the same thing the 360 can do but better? I just want to be able to watch videos from my computer on my tv. If my computer had an HDMI port it would solve the problem but its an old computer.

[/quote]Is the quality different when watching the same media on the PC instead of streamed to the Xbox? I stream video to my Xbox from my PC occasionally and the quality is always a bit better as my HDTV performs better than my PC monitor.

Also, what software are you using to stream your media to the Xbox?
Thema:

1. Can Stream Videos From PC to 360. - Similar Threads - Stream Videos 360

2. Windows 10 Streaming App Video Freezing Occasionally

in XboX Insiders
    Windows 10 Streaming App Video Freezing Occasionally: [IMG] See: Bottom Left For the past 3-4 months, even after changing routers (Netgear R9000, Ubiquiti EdgeRouter 4, Unifi Security Gateway) and Wireless access points (built in to Nighthawk,...
  3. Can't stream TNF on Amazon video. Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't stream TNF on Amazon video. Xbox 360: I cannot figure out how to steam Thursday night football on the Amazon video app for Xbox 360. Can anyone help with this problem. I have the app on my phone and the streaming option pops right up....
  4. Trying to stream video's from windows 8.1 PC to Xbox 360 without windows media center

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to stream video's from windows 8.1 PC to Xbox 360 without windows media center: I've been trying to get my windows 8.1 PC to stream video's to my Xbox 360 and Im finding the only way possible is with Windows Media Center. This was not included with my PC when I bought it...
  5. Xbox 360 will not stream HD Xbox Video

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 will not stream HD Xbox Video: For the last several years I've not had a problem with this. In the last month though, when I try to rent a movie from Xbox video services, it will not let me stream HD. My Xbox 360 is connected...
  6. XBox 360 Media Center Extender Streaming WTV video freezes frequently

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox 360 Media Center Extender Streaming WTV video freezes frequently: I am having problems with my Windows Media Center WTV files freezing when using my Xbox 360 as an extender. I need to skip backwards or forwards to get the video started again. 1) I have done a...
  7. Streaming internet video through System Video Player app on XBOX 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streaming internet video through System Video Player app on XBOX 360: The System Video Player app on XBOX is capable of streaming media from the local network through DLNA, but I was wondering if there's a way to stream an externally hosted media file through this...
  8. windows ten and xbox 360 streaming a video

in XBoX on Consoles
    windows ten and xbox 360 streaming a video: I have a desktop pc running windows 10. i would like to use xbox360 to stream a video When i try to connect pc to xbox360 a message appears unknown error occurs 2c290d5f-27fc-44ad-84ee-11acde3c7314
  9. Help - 360 Freezing on streaming video

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help - 360 Freezing on streaming video: I'm having trouble streaming most videos - HBO GO , Netflix, Amazon Video. The loading circle appears and then everything completely freezes (unable to go to home screen). On Netflix, I'm able to...
  10. Problems streaming videos from PC (WMP) to XB1, same videos play on 360 fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems streaming videos from PC (WMP) to XB1, same videos play on 360 fine: Why does XB1 have a much harder time playing videos/movies from my PC than my XB360? I have a collection of movies and videos that I stream to the XB media player from my PC (Windows Media...