Can the base xbox one still play a 4k uhd blu-ray disc(it doesn't have to give a 4k output,...

Discus and support Can the base xbox one still play a 4k uhd blu-ray disc(it doesn't have to give a 4k output,... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So can it still just run the disc and show the movie, albeit not at 4k resolution? 8da69feb-6c41-414e-ad5d-1a321ff1e675 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LuanaBajrami, Aug 4, 2020.

1. LuanaBajrami
    LuanaBajrami Guest

Can the base xbox one still play a 4k uhd blu-ray disc(it doesn't have to give a 4k output,...

So can it still just run the disc and show the movie, albeit not at 4k resolution?

:)

LuanaBajrami, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Why can't I play a dvd on my Xbox 360?

Hi,

Several reasons.

1. The 360 has a DVD drive. Full HD discs use Blu-ray disc tecnology. 4K Ultra HD use UHD Blu-ray discs. The 360 can not read Blu-ray discs.

2. The internal 360 hardware is simply not fast enough to decode 4K video content, and the graphics hardware can not output to 4K anyway.

No software in the world can update old hardware.
  3. Mister Mascot Win User

4k playback on bluray player

Hey there ricedemon,

That's an odd issue for sure, one that we've not seen with 4K UHD discs. Which Blu-ray title are you playing that you're seeing this issue? To clarify, are you sure that you're using the 4K UHD disc and not the Standard Blu-ray? Can you share a picture of
    the disc as well? Does the issue happen with all 4k UHD discs you try.

Let us know!
  4. Internet Expert Win User

up scale standard blu ray?

"Ultra HD" Blu-Rays will play in 4K. Standard Blu-Rays will play in 1080p.

The Xbox One S will only output to the highest resolution offered by the Blu-Ray disc it plays.

I suppose this design choice was in mind because 4K/UHD-TVs already process and upscale a lower resolution image to "cleanly" use all of the 3840x2160 pixels, so it's not putting unnecessary load on the Xbox One S CPU.
  5. User 9242019 Win User

UHD Blu Rays

It doesn't support 4K UHD playback.

If you are referring to "Mastered in 4K" discs those are just 1080p titles made from a 4K master.

New hardware is required to playback UHD Blu-Ray.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One X should get an "upgrade" to an Ultra HD Blu-ray Player for 4K to be worth it.

Hi,

The One X can already play 4K UHD Blu-Ray movie discs, the same as the One S. There's nothing to upgrade.
Thema:

1. Can the base xbox one still play a 4k uhd blu-ray disc(it doesn't have to give a 4k output,... - Similar Threads - base still play

2. SENT IN FAULTY XBOX ELITE REMOTE WITH EVERYTHING CHARGER, CASE, CHARGING BASE, and TOOLS TO...

in XBoX on Consoles
    SENT IN FAULTY XBOX ELITE REMOTE WITH EVERYTHING CHARGER, CASE, CHARGING BASE, and TOOLS TO...: I reactly had a problem with my xbox elite series 2 controller where the LB wasnt registering everytime i clicked it. So i called in to use the manufacture warranty and get a replacement. I got...
  3. Controller will not allow you to throw it to the bases. I bought a new controller and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller will not allow you to throw it to the bases. I bought a new controller and...: RBI 19 - Either home or away on one of the controllers does not allow you to throw the ball to the bases. I bought a new controller thinking that was the problem and it still hasn't fixed it....
  4. I sent in an elite controller based on warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    I sent in an elite controller based on warranty: I sent in my series 2 elite controller for waranty and i got an email saying that the case was closed. So does that mean that the rapair or exchange is finished and my product is on its way back...
  5. Gears Tactics Windows 10 - Install Corrupt Since 'Upgrade' to Gears Tactics Base Game -...

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears Tactics Windows 10 - Install Corrupt Since 'Upgrade' to Gears Tactics Base Game -...: The subject line says it all really. I downloaded Gears Tactics on release day for Windows 10 and binged for a while, before getting distracted by something else just as shiny. To clarify, my...
  6. Why is the Xbox One OS still using edge legacy instead of the new Chromium based Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the Xbox One OS still using edge legacy instead of the new Chromium based Microsoft...: Why is the Xbox One OS still using edge legacy instead of the new Chromium based Microsoft Edge? 9603d003-8095-4d4f-bbab-12dd54920ef1
  7. At last, Microsoft is ending P2P party chat, replacing with server based, No more IP...

in XBoX on Consoles
    At last, Microsoft is ending P2P party chat, replacing with server based, No more IP...: At last, Microsoft is ending P2P party chat for server based, No more IP pulling soon. this is in response of all the issues stemming from R6 Seige. The only thing i am worried about now that...
  8. Product idea: An Xbox Series X/S based "Surface Desktop"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Product idea: An Xbox Series X/S based "Surface Desktop": So this is just an idea that's been swirling around for a while in my head. The new Xbox Series X is a wonderful piece of tech, what impressed me the most was the simplicity of it's build and...
  9. MS Flight Sim 2020 base content missing

in XBoX on Windows
    MS Flight Sim 2020 base content missing: Hello, I purchased the MS Flight Sim 2020 Premium Deluxe and the base content is missing. I get the enhanced content however all the standard planes are missing after the install. Does anyone...
  10. fs-base-propdefs

in XBoX on Windows
    fs-base-propdefs: After a fresh install I cannot load the Cessna 152 from the Content Manager. Selecting dependence it says "Required fs-base-propdefs-Required version 0.1.2 Also the Marketplace is greyed out....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you play 4k ultra hd discs in a xbox one