Can the XBOX Companion App be used with an Ethernet connected XBOX on a different network?

Discus and support Can the XBOX Companion App be used with an Ethernet connected XBOX on a different network? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Can the XBOX Companion App be used with an Ethernet connected XBOX on a different network? Can the XBOX Companion App be used with an Ethernet... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Tony Bedida, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Tony Bedida
    Tony Bedida Guest

Can the XBOX Companion App be used with an Ethernet connected XBOX on a different network?

:)

Tony Bedida, Sep 5, 2020
  2. schnurren Win User

Connecting to windows 10 pc

3. napalm 31337 Win User

Xbox to Laptop.

Is it possible to connect my xbox to my laptop and use my laptop as a tv?
    NO, your laptop have an HDMI out, you can workaround this using Xbox Companion App on Windows 10.

If both Xbox One and your laptop use ethernet connection to your network, you can play without any issue.
  4. Bandido1508 Win User

can not connect my xbox one to the xbox console companion app on windows 10

They have to be on the same network, sorry but that is the only way they can connect

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/apps-help/how-to-use-game-streaming-in-xbox-console-companion-app

Network connectivity: The Windows 10 PC and the Xbox One console must be on the same home network. Options:

• Wired - Ethernet connection (recommended for both PC and Xbox One console)
    • Wireless - 802.11 N/AC wireless connection
  5. Dorkasaurus03 Win User

cant streaming my xbox to windows 10 via cable!

Hagay,

I ran into the issues when setting up console streaming. You may need to adjust your Router's LAN settings to allow this connection. You'll need to access the router admin page (usually 192.168.0.1 or very similar)

I'd also try plugging in to a separate ethernet port, if possible.

Here is the current setup page for using the Xbox Console Companion app on Windows 10:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/apps-help/how-to-use-game-streaming-in-xbox-console-companion-app
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

I can't play on pc

Are you able to sign in on the Xbox Console Companion App or the Xbox (Beta) app? The Console Companion app has a section under Settings > Network (in the app) that will let you know the network status and if there are any issues connecting to Xbox Live.
    Can you let us know what it says in there?
Thema:

1. Can the XBOX Companion App be used with an Ethernet connected XBOX on a different network? - Similar Threads - Companion App used

2. SOLUTION : Not connecting PC to Xbox using the “XBOX console companion” app

in XBoX on Consoles
    SOLUTION : Not connecting PC to Xbox using the “XBOX console companion” app: For anybody having a hard time connecting their PC to their Xbox using the “XBOX console companion” app this story might help. Amazing experience for me yesterday:) I bought and built a new...
  3. In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App & Discord

in XBoX on Windows
    In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App & Discord: Hello community, I've posted this question is a few different forums but have not been able to find an answer. I am NOT talking about xbox party chat (dont use it) / just in-game chat. I...
  4. Xbox companion app tells me "To continue, sign in your console using this account" even...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox companion app tells me "To continue, sign in your console using this account" even...: So, for 2 hours now, it keeps saying that, even though I am logged with the same account both on my xbox one and on the companion app. d7c48e00-3115-4cc7-87d2-63b3f0de4948
  5. Why Kinect games cannot be played while using the companion app?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Kinect games cannot be played while using the companion app?: I've been searching if there's some setting that I need to change but I actually never found a single post talking about why Kinect games can't be played while streaming the screen using the...
  6. Kinect 2.0 doesn't work while using the companion app

in XboX Insiders
    Kinect 2.0 doesn't work while using the companion app: Good evening! Does anyone know why you can't use the Kinect while streaming the console's image with the companion app? I couldn't find anything related! submitted by /u/GustavoMdancers...
  7. never in my life have i used a program worse than the xbox companion app on windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    never in my life have i used a program worse than the xbox companion app on windows 10: "unable to show friends list" is the immovable object that will receive the unstoppable force of my fist going through my monitor i swear. Ive looked up this problem in a million different ways...
  8. Unable to connect to others using Xbox Companion App

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to others using Xbox Companion App: Hello, I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but no matter where I looked on the Xbox support page, nothing even spoke of the Companion App. So here I am, trying to figure out this...
  9. Issue using mobile data to stream to phone companion app

in XboX Insiders
    Issue using mobile data to stream to phone companion app: I'm new to the Insider program but joined because I was interested in streaming my xbox to my Android phone and being able to access games while out and about, amazing stuff. I'm just going to run...
  10. taking screen captures on xbox one while streaming using xbox companion app

in XBoX on Windows
    taking screen captures on xbox one while streaming using xbox companion app: i stream my xbox to my windows 10 laptop using the xbox companion app and connect a controller to the laptop to play, this works perfectly. if i try to take a capture or a clip i get a message...